Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

Default Re: Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

Ive been doing the online for about 6 months. I was never going to do it but it seemed when their was an article i really wanted to read, i was out of freebies. I paid 1.03 a month for a few months. Now its 8.35

Click on all the Jackrabbit stories. Click, click, click. It matters.
    This space for lease.

Consistently 9.54 each month to my Capital One credit card. It works and I go through my email to connect with the e edition. I am old and old fashion and still buy print copies. Sometimes they are a little different in details. It works for me.

It seems a bit nostalgic to think that everyone reads a newspaper. However, I realize that the emergence of social media in all of its forms has taken a big bite of the pay for your news business. I could say you get what you pay for, but that would assume that the print business is without bias as well. It does provide many items which I have appreciated over the years which also include comics, crosswords, obits, and local news which may not arrive on TV or radio. I can understand that many may not take the time to understand what is "happening", but the money that is spent on internet and phones dwarfs the cost of a digital subscription. Jackrabbit sports may be a headline for me when I open the website, but there is more involved in a newspaper of which most is good in the connection for a community or state.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I subscribe, and am happy to support local news/sports/weather, but just have one small criticism, and that's that they don't let you stay logged on when you are a subscriber, they are constantly having you log on and give the ole "you've reached your limit viewing our complimentary free viewing"....blah,blah, however it's worded.Why not let subscribers stay logged on until THEY log off.It's very frustrating that they don't seem to know who their subscribers are even. Web sites like GoJacks, others , don't do this. It seems to me that they wouldn't want to aggravate their subscribers by not letting them remain logged on. I've looked for the place where you can state you wish to remain logged on if that's the reason for this happening, but can't find anything on their web site.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I subscribe, and am happy to support local news/sports/weather, but just have one small criticism, and that's that they don't let you stay logged on when you are a subscriber, they are constantly having you log on and give the ole "you've reached your limit viewing our complimentary free viewing"....blah,blah, however it's worded.Why not let subscribers stay logged on until THEY log off.It's very frustrating that they don't seem to know who their subscribers are even. Web sites like GoJacks, others , don't do this. It seems to me that they wouldn't want to aggravate their subscribers by not letting them remain logged on. I've looked for the place where you can state you wish to remain logged on if that's the reason for this happening, but can't find anything on their web site.
    Hmm. That's weird. I'm a subscriber and don't encounter that when I'm logged onto the daily paper. You might want to call someone with the paper and check it out. Maybe you need an updated sign-in or password or something.
    This space for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Hmm. That's weird. I'm a subscriber and don't encounter that when I'm logged onto the daily paper. You might want to call someone with the paper and check it out. Maybe you need an updated sign-in or password or something.
    Or flush your browser's cache, or delete all of the Argus-related cookies from your browser, then try again. (Assuming you haven't done that already.)

Just a couple of "I don't really know what I'm talking about vis a vis Argus online subscriptions" suggestions.
    "I think we'll be OK"

I'll give your suggestions a try ....thanks all

Default Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

Quote Originally Posted by slosho View Post
    Online only here but Like to support the jacks coverage. it's the only reason I subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Click on all the Jackrabbit stories. Click, click, click. It matters.
    ^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^

Thereís a reason that SDSU still has a dedicated (to a point) beat writer and Garry got let go. If we want to put pressure on for more articles, the way to go is to show a large need for it. The folks down south went the opposite way and pouted. They stopped buying and reading the Argus for their sports and guess what, itís gotten worse for them. I subscribe for all the articles on Jacks sports and so hopefully our fan base shows the Argus itís large enough that they need to give more SDSU content to keep up with demand. In this day and age newspapers need to give the readers what they want to read to bring in money, we need to show them as a fan base that SDSU is a big ticket to their success. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Depending on how you have the browser set-up, you might be clearing your cache and cookies every time you close the window. I have this set-up, so I have to log into any site each time I start a new window. Part of it is a bit of security (laptop goes missing and I am not logged into any website already). Part of it is forcing me to use passwords daily so I don't forget them.

Sorry for the tangent.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738