Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

Default Re: Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieTuba View Post
    Depending on how you have the browser set-up, you might be clearing your cache and cookies every time you close the window. I have this set-up, so I have to log into any site each time I start a new window. Part of it is a bit of security (laptop goes missing and I am not logged into any website already). Part of it is forcing me to use passwords daily so I don't forget them.

Sorry for the tangent.
    Thanks for more info,appreciate it.

One thing I wish they could figure out is: how to keep me logged on across my devices. This board can do it, why they can't confounds me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slosho; 07-28-2019 at 07:40 AM.

The e-version of the Argus works well for me. I enjoyed getting caught up on Zimm’s Recent stories on Jacks football that were “subscriber only”.

Just when you thought there were no more changes, Gate House Media bought/merged with Gannett(owner of the Argus). Gate House owns a number of dailies including Aberdeen and Watertown.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Quote Originally Posted by OldHare View Post
    Just when you thought there were no more changes, Gate House Media bought/merged with Gannett(owner of the Argus). Gate House owns a number of dailies including Aberdeen and Watertown.
    Good luck to the Argus staff on future buyouts. Gatehouse is a horrible company.

I subscribe online.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

I, too, am concerned about the Gatehouse takeover of Gannett. Is this going to be another corporation committing suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    I, too, am concerned about the Gatehouse takeover of Gannett. Is this going to be another corporation committing suicide?
    Al Neuharth is not around to stop this mess. An Eureka native, and USD alum who started out with a salmon colored SoDak Sports. I remember having a cherry coke and reading SoDak sports at Rays Drugstore on Main Street in Brookings. Not to be confused with Rays Corner.} A big deal for a farm kid in 1952. Sadly Al went broke and moved on to big newspaper ownership of Gannett. USA Today has a huge story saying the merger might not happen. My iPhone and links and me do not work.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 08-11-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Here's a story from Oklahoma about Gatehouse

https://www.poynter.org/business-wor...-even-started/

Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Here's a story from Oklahoma about Gatehouse

https://www.poynter.org/business-wor...-even-started/
    This story makes Gateway a goat. Not everyone is together on the downsizing page. Someone offering a job and later recinding the job. With a dying source of news, these things happen.