Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I subscribe, and am happy to support local news/sports/weather, but just have one small criticism, and that's that they don't let you stay logged on when you are a subscriber, they are constantly having you log on and give the ole "you've reached your limit viewing our complimentary free viewing"....blah,blah, however it's worded.Why not let subscribers stay logged on until THEY log off.It's very frustrating that they don't seem to know who their subscribers are even. Web sites like GoJacks, others , don't do this. It seems to me that they wouldn't want to aggravate their subscribers by not letting them remain logged on. I've looked for the place where you can state you wish to remain logged on if that's the reason for this happening, but can't find anything on their web site.
    Hmm. That's weird. I'm a subscriber and don't encounter that when I'm logged onto the daily paper. You might want to call someone with the paper and check it out. Maybe you need an updated sign-in or password or something.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Hmm. That's weird. I'm a subscriber and don't encounter that when I'm logged onto the daily paper. You might want to call someone with the paper and check it out. Maybe you need an updated sign-in or password or something.
      Or flush your browser's cache, or delete all of the Argus-related cookies from your browser, then try again. (Assuming you haven't done that already.)

Just a couple of "I don't really know what I'm talking about vis a vis Argus online subscriptions" suggestions.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll give your suggestions a try ....thanks all

Comment

Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Online only here but Like to support the jacks coverage. it's the only reason I subscribe
          Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Click on all the Jackrabbit stories. Click, click, click. It matters.
          ^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^

There’s a reason that SDSU still has a dedicated (to a point) beat writer and Garry got let go. If we want to put pressure on for more articles, the way to go is to show a large need for it. The folks down south went the opposite way and pouted. They stopped buying and reading the Argus for their sports and guess what, it’s gotten worse for them. I subscribe for all the articles on Jacks sports and so hopefully our fan base shows the Argus it’s large enough that they need to give more SDSU content to keep up with demand. In this day and age newspapers need to give the readers what they want to read to bring in money, we need to show them as a fan base that SDSU is a big ticket to their success. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            I subscribe, and am happy to support local news/sports/weather, but just have one small criticism, and that's that they don't let you stay logged on when you are a subscriber, they are constantly having you log on and give the ole "you've reached your limit viewing our complimentary free viewing"....blah,blah, however it's worded.Why not let subscribers stay logged on until THEY log off.It's very frustrating that they don't seem to know who their subscribers are even. Web sites like GoJacks, others , don't do this. It seems to me that they wouldn't want to aggravate their subscribers by not letting them remain logged on. I've looked for the place where you can state you wish to remain logged on if that's the reason for this happening, but can't find anything on their web site.
            Depending on how you have the browser set-up, you might be clearing your cache and cookies every time you close the window. I have this set-up, so I have to log into any site each time I start a new window. Part of it is a bit of security (laptop goes missing and I am not logged into any website already). Part of it is forcing me to use passwords daily so I don't forget them.

Sorry for the tangent.
            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
              Depending on how you have the browser set-up, you might be clearing your cache and cookies every time you close the window. I have this set-up, so I have to log into any site each time I start a new window. Part of it is a bit of security (laptop goes missing and I am not logged into any website already). Part of it is forcing me to use passwords daily so I don't forget them.

Sorry for the tangent.
              Thanks for more info,appreciate it.

Comment

One thing I wish they could figure out is: how to keep me logged on across my devices. This board can do it, why they can't confounds me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by slosho; 07-28-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

The e-version of the Argus works well for me. I enjoyed getting caught up on Zimm’s Recent stories on Jacks football that were “subscriber only”.

Comment

Just when you thought there were no more changes, Gate House Media bought/merged with Gannett(owner of the Argus). Gate House owns a number of dailies including Aberdeen and Watertown.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      Just when you thought there were no more changes, Gate House Media bought/merged with Gannett(owner of the Argus). Gate House owns a number of dailies including Aberdeen and Watertown.
                      Good luck to the Argus staff on future buyouts. Gatehouse is a horrible company.

Comment

I subscribe online.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I, too, am concerned about the Gatehouse takeover of Gannett. Is this going to be another corporation committing suicide?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            I, too, am concerned about the Gatehouse takeover of Gannett. Is this going to be another corporation committing suicide?
                            Al Neuharth is not around to stop this mess. An Eureka native, and USD alum who started out with a salmon colored SoDak Sports. I remember having a cherry coke and reading SoDak sports at Rays Drugstore on Main Street in Brookings. Not to be confused with Rays Corner.} A big deal for a farm kid in 1952. Sadly Al went broke and moved on to big newspaper ownership of Gannett. USA Today has a huge story saying the merger might not happen. My iPhone and links and me do not work.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 08-11-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Here's a story from Oklahoma about Gatehouse

https://www.poynter.org/business-wor...-even-started/

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                                Here's a story from Oklahoma about Gatehouse

https://www.poynter.org/business-wor...-even-started/
                                This story makes Gateway a goat. Not everyone is together on the downsizing page. Someone offering a job and later recinding the job. With a dying source of news, these things happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X