Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zimmers position analyses

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Agreed, that would be a bad sign all around. I HIGHLY doubt that is the case, but I've been surprised before. Who did we sign in our 2016 and 17 classes as a QB? Seems odd to me that we don't have anyone on the roster who is a redshirt sophomore or junior this year that would have been prepping for taking over after Taryn. Did we sign anyone in those classes at QB? Did we lose anyone in the last two seasons that would be in that position now?
    I'm not really surprised that we don't have many QB's from those classes. If you were in the 2016 class, you would of had to sit out for 3 years and burn 2 years of eligibility before you see much/any live game action. In your R-freshman year SDSU has a 42-7 lead with 10 minutes left in the game and the starter is still in the game. New Hampshire gets a roughing call on the QB and he gets left in the game. Did he get injured in that game so he couldn't preform the next week and turn the ball over 8 times? I know this has been discussed to death but if I am a 18 year old kid I wouldn't feel real good about seeing the field for at least one year if not more.
    Then there was talk that Gibbs will be the next TC. I know you should like competition but it isn't looking good for your chances of ever playing.

2017- Ethan Bullock (**) and Chase Tempelton (QB/WR)
    2016- Alec Cormer (***) and Kanin Nelson

Comment

I talked to someone within the program in the last week and they said Gibbs has the higher ceiling but it depends on if you want a game manager or someone to make plays. He also said there are a couple of really good freshmen. That’s good for the future to push these guys to keep getting better.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

That is nice to hear. I like our track records of South Dakota kids playing QB. Berry, Sumner, Taryn (just lately). Our last MN one didnt work out so well. Id like to see Nelson, but I think Gibbs will be the guy. Wonder how long they keep Hunter at QB or try a different position. Good problems to have I guess

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I've been told we'll have a 2 QB system to start the year. I think I'll believe that given the past. (Not trying to argue with what Matt wrote) WE shall see.
          Keep reading Gibbs is "Likely" the guy, But that he needs the game to slow down for him.

From "The Fanatic" https://thefanatic.com/college/footb...ent-dominance/

We might use a couple different quarterbacks in that game,” said Stiegelmeier. “We’ll see how it goes.”

In reference to the MN game specifically.
          Not getting a warm fuzzy about how confident they are, but then again we'll be handing off the ball a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Keep reading Gibbs is "Likely" the guy, But that he needs the game to slow down for him.

From "The Fanatic" https://thefanatic.com/college/footb...ent-dominance/

We might use a couple different quarterbacks in that game,” said Stiegelmeier. “We’ll see how it goes.”

In reference to the MN game specifically.
            Not getting a warm fuzzy about how confident they are, but then again we'll be handing off the ball a bunch.

This is the same website that had Jacksonville State ranked prseason #2...There's a few errors in the article and I wouldn't take it very seriously at all.

1) There is no incentive for Stig to name a starter at QB at this date and time
            2)There is incentive to tell people that the QB spot is up for grabs to both keep Gibbs working hard to earn it and to keep opponents unsure in mid-August who the QB1 is going to be
            3) Stig said the same type of stuff going into the 2016 season and it was probably TC all along.
            4) I think the only way Gibbs isn't starting is if he doesn't take care of the ball. I doubt Connors has a demonstrably better grasp of the playbook than Gibbs and I don't think Nelson has the passing game/athletic ability. If it's Connor's who starts, it's because he's taking better care of the ball, imo.

Comment

https://brookingsregister.com/articl...rans-new-faces

Comment

I guess what I'm going to state is if we do a 2QB rotation I won't be surprised. Let down yes, surprised. No.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know if Zimmer is still doing his weekly Live Chats online?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                    Does anyone know if Zimmer is still doing his weekly Live Chats online?
                    With it still technically being summer, I would go with not until the week of the first football game. But I doubt it, Gatehouse has recently announced job cuts in several markets to save themselves the company money.

Comment

Working...
                    X