Midco Summer Reruns-The banana boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midco Summer Reruns-The banana boys

Yes Being a slow summer I have tuned Midco to see what is going on. Maybe just coincidence, but often the last games in CAS and our guys are wearing yellow jerseys and pants which we haven’t seen lately. They do look like walking bananas on field. The player who has caught my attention is Jason Synder or is name spelled Scheidner? At any rate Jason was a great playmaker. I have always admired him for not going to tryouts for play on Sunday’s. He was quoted as I recall as saying something to the effect that he did not have speed skills to play in the NFL. I believe he was a very good student and no doubt is doing well, wherever he is. A model student-athlete, in my opinion. Also in a USD game a red shirt freshman named Dallas caught a great pass and Tom Neiman mentions he is from Britton-Hecla and played nine man football. If he had dropped that pass, would his career stalled? Also a rerun of the triple overtime win over UNi. I don’t recall, year but UNI lost that year three games in a row. All overtime loses. Coach Farley spirit nearly died that day, the sun came up the next day and he still coaching.

Re: Midco Summer Reruns-The banana boys

That 2013 team really pulled it together at the end of the regular season after a horrendous October. Three losses in a row to UNL, NDSU, and SIU on Hobo Day. We also lost at MSU that year. Then we won out, beating ISUB, UNI (3OT), USD, and @YSU in the snow. Beat NAU in Flagstaff in round 1 and lost at EWU the following week. That 2013 team had a lot of potential, but really underperformed midseason. Lot of exciting games in November that year.

Comment

Working...
    X