2020 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Recruits

No surprise there. His brother and Hendo are not on the same page.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I guess they now have another scholarship to play with. I think we will be okay. I wonder if Dillon is also considering transfering.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I guess they now have another scholarship to play with. I think we will be okay. I wonder if Dillon is also considering transfering.
        Alou Dillon has contributed valuable minutes in recent games and he seems to be a happy member of a pretty tight team. I see no reason for him to consider leaving.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Alou Dillon has contributed valuable minutes in recent games and he seems to be a happy member of a pretty tight team. I see no reason for him to consider leaving.
          Unless he wants to play more than 5 minutes a game.

Comment

Alou has to get better on defense. If he can do that he will see more minutes.

Comment

Any talk or insight about Mfum early enrolling? He is on the bench now with the team every game. I didn't realize he was planning to graduate early.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                Any talk or insight about Mfum early enrolling? He is on the bench now with the team every game. I didn't realize he was planning to graduate early.
                He can practice and is using this as his redshirt year. Tyler interviewed him on the coaches show a week ago. Impressive young man - grew up in Columbus, OH until going to the prep school in Texas because his mother wanted to get him in a better environment. Started playing basketball late, so should have some upside yet to come. This should give him a chance to be ready to step in and contribute next season.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                  At the Staters Luncheon today, Coach said that Mfum graduated high school early so he could enroll at semester and then use this as his redshirt year.

Sounded excited about him as a player and said he adds some needed athleticism to the guard position. Said he is a combo guard that can do a lot of things, and he's been happy with how he's shown in practice.

Henderson also confirmed that King de-committed, and that he is excited about having another scholarship available to go shopping. Will be looking to add more athleticism again with that slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    At the Staters Luncheon today, Coach said that Mfum graduated high school early so he could enroll at semester and then use this as his redshirt year.

Sounded excited about him as a player and said he adds some needed athleticism to the guard position. Said he is a combo guard that can do a lot of things, and he's been happy with how he's shown in practice.

Henderson also confirmed that King de-committed, and that he is excited about having another scholarship available to go shopping. Will be looking to add more athleticism again with that slot.
                    Thank you for the update! Appreciate it. I'm excited to have a high ceiling, uber athletic guard to play around with for the next years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

Did Hendo elaborate on why King de-committed? Interesting that Owen has stuck through it for a whole year. I would have figured he would transfer at Semester if he an Noah were thinking of playing together elsewhere.

As for Mfum, really excited that he was able to enroll early. Physically he looks ready but having a full semester and summer in the weight room will be great as well as knowing Hendo's system come next season.

Comment

I wonder what Mfum's HS coach thinks of him graduating and leaving during their season. Did he play the first semester for his HS team? I don't think I've ever heard of a kid graduating early for basketball. Football, yes, but not basketball. Is it common?
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                          Did Hendo elaborate on why King de-committed? Interesting that Owen has stuck through it for a whole year. I would have figured he would transfer at Semester if he an Noah were thinking of playing together elsewhere.

As for Mfum, really excited that he was able to enroll early. Physically he looks ready but having a full semester and summer in the weight room will be great as well as knowing Hendo's system come next season.
                          I don't think Noah has committed elsewhere yet, so Owen wouldn't know where to transfer even if he does decide to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            I wonder what Mfum's HS coach thinks of him graduating and leaving during their season. Did he play the first semester for his HS team? I don't think I've ever heard of a kid graduating early for basketball. Football, yes, but not basketball. Is it common?
                            The school he went to in TX was a prep school so I think kids come and go from those places a lot. Prep school is a fancy term used for "a school that pumps out athletes that makes their kids to go class a bare minimum amount of time". I have zero evidence for this but that's just my personal take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              The school he went to in TX was a prep school so I think kids come and go from those places a lot. Prep school is a fancy term used for "a school that pumps out athletes that makes their kids to go class a bare minimum amount of time". I have zero evidence for this but that's just my personal take on it.
                              It was a prep school.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post

No he didn't elaborate. Just said something to the effect that King decided he wanted to play somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X