Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Night at Targert Field 2018

Default Re: SDSU night at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't plan a trip around a hat?
    Do you want to attend a Twins game this summer anyways? Does that work for you to make a long weekend (Thursday night game) in the Cities? Do you like Twins games and the cities?

It isn't a big deal to plan around a good promotion - especially if attending a game was on the list anyways. Just don't make getting the hat determine if it was a good weekend/trip or not.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

the twins schedule that bothers me is the St Louis Cardinals come during the week, during the school year. Would love to take the kids see the cardinals again but just not very family friendly time they are coming. Might just have to go to a regular twins game. the kids like going to sporting events and baseball a lot, and have been asking about going to see the cardinals already this winter, otherwise I guess we can go to canaries games in SF just to get a baseball fix for cheap.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    So I want to know if I buy tickets through that promo, am I guaranteed a hat? It almost appears that way, as you have to buy through that promo site, so they should only sell as many tickets as they have hats right? but then it says first come first served.
    I emailed the Twins. They assured me that they limit the number of package tickets to the number of hats available.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Quote Originally Posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    I emailed the Twins. They assured me that they limit the number of package tickets to the number of hats available.
    Thank you for this information.

Suppose that's good news. It'd be better news if they gave away the hats and allowed folks to special order them if they somehow miss out when they go to the game. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for that hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    She is complaining it is the weekend of the Brookings Arts Festival.
    An excellent reason to leave town

Quote Originally Posted by sdsu_drake View Post
    An excellent reason to leave town
    She is dropping me off at the bar while she goes to the park.

Had an email from Twins a couple days ago asking me for feedback on SDSU Night experience. One of the final questions asked me to rank prospective items to be given away to fans for 2019 SDSU-themed game, so it seems likely there may be another Jacks themed game next season.

Maybe Wieneke can throw out the first pitch again after winning Super Bowl with Vikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Had an email from Twins a couple days ago asking me for feedback on SDSU Night experience. One of the final questions asked me to rank prospective items to be given away to fans for 2019 SDSU-themed game, so it seems likely there may be another Jacks themed game next season.

Maybe Wieneke can throw out the first pitch again after winning Super Bowl with Vikes.
    Other than caps, what other items were on the list to rank?
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Quote Originally Posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    Other than caps, what other items were on the list to rank?
    Stocking cap, t-shirt, or sweatshirt. I believe the stocking cap option might have included scarf (e.g., stocking cap/scarf). I suppose if I were the Twins, I would hope fans would opt for the stocking caps, as they'd theoretically be least expensive to ship/size (given that one size could fit most, unlike shirts).

Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Stocking cap, t-shirt, or sweatshirt. I believe the stocking cap option might have included scarf (e.g., stocking cap/scarf). I suppose if I were the Twins, I would hope fans would opt for the stocking caps, as they'd theoretically be least expensive to ship/size (given that one size could fit most, unlike shirts).
    I think the one option was beanie/stocking cap.