SDSU Night at Targert Field 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Night at Targert Field 2018

The Twins announced their theme nights for the year. This year there will be an SDSU night, July 12 against Tampa Bay. Tickets include an SDSU colorized Twins hat. Think this is the first year that the Twins have done this for SDSU, they have done them for other area colleges in the past. Portions of each ticket will go to the Alumni Association.

https://www.mlb.com/twins/tickets/sp...h-dakota-state

Re: SDSU night at Target Field

Cool hat! (Can see it on the link provided in Mango's post.) I'm told that there are at least 1000 hats available.

Comment

Well, I think I may know where I will try to convince my wife to vacation this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
        Well, I think I may know where I will try to convince my wife to vacation this year.
        Just tell her that she can go to the Mall of America with the credit card !

Comment

So I want to know if I buy tickets through that promo, am I guaranteed a hat? It almost appears that way, as you have to buy through that promo site, so they should only sell as many tickets as they have hats right? but then it says first come first served.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            So I want to know if I buy tickets through that promo, am I guaranteed a hat? It almost appears that way, as you have to buy through that promo site, so they should only sell as many tickets as they have hats right? but then it says first come first served.
            Straight from the link:
            You'll pick up your exclusive SDSU/Twins hat on the day of the game (only) at Target Field Station, located around the corner from Gate 6 at the northwest corner of Target Field (near 5th Street.) A valid ticket purchased through this special ticket package must be presented in order for you to receive your exclusive SDSU/Twins hat. Pick up will begin at 5:00 p.m. and run through 7:30 p.m. Seating & exclusive SDSU/Twins hats are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis... purchase your seats today!

As I understand it, you must buy your ticket through the special package to be able to get a hat, but it does not guarantee a hat. Get there early if you want a hat.
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Too bad it is on a Thursday night. I still hope to make it up for the game. The hat is a neat idea, I am a traditionalist though. School colors for SDSU hats and Twins colors for Twins hats
              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Just tell her that she can go to the Mall of America with the credit card !
                She is complaining it is the weekend of the Brookings Arts Festival.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                  Straight from the link:
                  You'll pick up your exclusive SDSU/Twins hat on the day of the game (only) at Target Field Station, located around the corner from Gate 6 at the northwest corner of Target Field (near 5th Street.) A valid ticket purchased through this special ticket package must be presented in order for you to receive your exclusive SDSU/Twins hat. Pick up will begin at 5:00 p.m. and run through 7:30 p.m. Seating & exclusive SDSU/Twins hats are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis... purchase your seats today!

As I understand it, you must buy your ticket through the special package to be able to get a hat, but it does not guarantee a hat. Get there early if you want a hat.
                  That's how I understand it as well, I just don't get why they can't stop selling tickets through the package when they reach whatever number of hats they have. I suppose that way they can still get rid of the hats if x number of people with the ticket don't show up.

It just a silly (but cool) hat , but it'd still be a bummer not to get one if you plan an entire weekend around it. Maybe I shouldn't plan a trip around a hat? I'm starting to feel like a person who bowls over other people to get a 5 dollar shirt thrown out at games!
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm starting to feel like a person who bowls over other people to get a 5 dollar shirt thrown out at games!
                    Free is free.

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't plan a trip around a hat?
                      Do you want to attend a Twins game this summer anyways? Does that work for you to make a long weekend (Thursday night game) in the Cities? Do you like Twins games and the cities?

It isn't a big deal to plan around a good promotion - especially if attending a game was on the list anyways. Just don't make getting the hat determine if it was a good weekend/trip or not.
                      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

the twins schedule that bothers me is the St Louis Cardinals come during the week, during the school year. Would love to take the kids see the cardinals again but just not very family friendly time they are coming. Might just have to go to a regular twins game. the kids like going to sporting events and baseball a lot, and have been asking about going to see the cardinals already this winter, otherwise I guess we can go to canaries games in SF just to get a baseball fix for cheap.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I emailed the Twins. They assured me that they limit the number of package tickets to the number of hats available.
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                            I emailed the Twins. They assured me that they limit the number of package tickets to the number of hats available.
                            Thank you for this information.

Suppose that's good news. It'd be better news if they gave away the hats and allowed folks to special order them if they somehow miss out when they go to the game. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for that hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                              She is complaining it is the weekend of the Brookings Arts Festival.
                              An excellent reason to leave town

Comment

Working...
                              X