Single game tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single game tickets

Looks like season ticket holders and Jackrabbit club members can purchase single game tickets for any of the 7 home games.

Re: Single game tickets

When will they go on sale to the public? And more important, when will Bison fans be able to buy tickets for the Dakota Marker game?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      And more important, when will Bison fans be able to buy tickets for the Dakota Marker game?

Comment

It doesn't matter when they go on sale to the public for the Bison fans to gobble up. Whether they have 1 fan or 3000 fans in the stadium that day they will surely conjure up some story about he SDSU Athletics and our Dana D. conspired a way to keep more of their fans out. And how it wasn't a "sellout" unless their is a butt in every seat. You can all but count on it.

I was amazed how they go about this song and dance each year the game is in Brookings yet during the SDSU-NDSU playoff game in Fargo last season, there were plenty of empty seats in the building. I was there and there is no telling me otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          It doesn't matter when they go on sale to the public for the Bison fans to gobble up. Whether they have 1 fan or 3000 fans in the stadium that day they will surely conjure up some story about he SDSU Athletics and our Dana D. conspired a way to keep more of their fans out. And how it wasn't a "sellout" unless their is a butt in every seat. You can all but count on it.

I was amazed how they go about this song and dance each year the game is in Brookings yet during the SDSU-NDSU playoff game in Fargo last season, there were plenty of empty seats in the building. I was there and there is no telling me otherwise.
          This post got me thinking about how people look at "sellouts".

SDSU did have a sellout (ticket wise) for the game 2 years ago but the stadium was not full. Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium holds 19,340 people. The reported attendance for the game was 18,130. That means DJDS was about 94% full. Since the tickets were sold some schools would call it an official sellout while others give the actual attendance. I do not know how many tickets were reserved for students and if that section was full or not. The rest of the tickets were bought by suites, boxes or general ticket buyers that did not show up. The game was a November game but the weather was nice (about 40 with 10-15 mph wind).

SDSU played 2 games in Fargo last year. There were more fans at the regular season game (18,846) than the playoff game (18,286). I do not know how many fans the Fargo Dome holds and if either, neither or both of these games were reported as sellouts.

The last two games in Fargo (both last year- regular season and playoffs) and last two games in Brookings (two years and four years ago) all had great attendance. Those four games averaged 18,152.5 fans. I just hope that both teams and their fan bases can keep this up.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            This post got me thinking about how people look at "sellouts".

SDSU did have a sellout (ticket wise) for the game 2 years ago but the stadium was not full. Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium holds 19,340 people. The reported attendance for the game was 18,130. That means DJDS was about 94% full. Since the tickets were sold some schools would call it an official sellout while others give the actual attendance. I do not know how many tickets were reserved for students and if that section was full or not. The rest of the tickets were bought by suites, boxes or general ticket buyers that did not show up. The game was a November game but the weather was nice (about 40 with 10-15 mph wind).

SDSU played 2 games in Fargo last year. There were more fans at the regular season game (18,846) than the playoff game (18,286). I do not know how many fans the Fargo Dome holds and if either, neither or both of these games were reported as sellouts.

The last two games in Fargo (both last year- regular season and playoffs) and last two games in Brookings (two years and four years ago) all had great attendance. Those four games averaged 18,152.5 fans. I just hope that both teams and their fan bases can keep this up.
            This game should always be played in November when in SD. As a bison fan it is my favorite FCS roadtrip Win or Lose. 2007 and 2017 were great times down in Brookings even though the Refs obviously were paid off.

Comment

The ticket office told me Aug 1 is when tickets go on sale to the public. I guess that includes the Bison game.

Comment

The ticket office told me Aug 1 is when tickets go on sale to the public. I guess that includes the Bison game.
                I plan on acquiring additional tickets because I think as the season progresses, new Jackrabbit fans are going to be looking for tickets. That's what happened at the last game v. the Bison in Dykhouse Stadium. If I recall correctly, I picked up 10 extra tickets and was able to sell them all (face value) to Jacks fans early in the season.

Comment

I have note seen any "official" announcement yet even though I am sure you are correct. Last time, the official announcement is when Mr. Sell shared how they were locking out NDSU fans and I'd be shocked if they allow NDSU fans buy Aug 1. He has already been quoted as saying it will sell out, so doubt he will be in a rush to sell Aug. 1.

I'm betting to get tickets to that game, even after aug 1, you will need to be a season ticket holder or booster. Also possible they open up to anyone who bought a ticket in 2018. (they allowed that in 2017)

Comment

Ticket Office called me for season Tickets - I asked the question of being able to buy tickets for the Bison Game before the general public as I have bought tickets to 2016, 2017, 2018 season games, the person on the phone did not know about this happening in the past but i was the second person to ask, I did get a phone call back with an Answer of NO, all tickets will go on-sale 8-1-19 to the general public.

so have the computer/phone ready 8-1-19

Comment

Unless the ticket policy has changed season ticket holders are able to purchase single game tickets 2 weeks prior to public sales.
                      https://gojacks.com/sports/2010/8/10/204975845.aspx

“d. For football and men's and women's basketball, season ticket holders will have the option of purchasing single game tickets 2 weeks in advance to the General Public.”

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Unless the ticket policy has changed season ticket holders are able to purchase single game tickets 2 weeks prior to public sales.
                        https://gojacks.com/sports/2010/8/10/204975845.aspx

“d. For football and men's and women's basketball, season ticket holders will have the option of purchasing single game tickets 2 weeks in advance to the General Public.”
                        The email i got on the 9th said season ticket holder could now purchase single game tickets.

Comment

The email i got on the 9th said season ticket holder could now purchase single game tickets.
                          Thanks. There has been a constant turnover in the ticket dept. staff. I also thought this year was a new reallocation year for seats but I must be wrong.

Comment

Bought some tickets to the bison game. $65 a ticket. I will probably have some extra once i find out who can all make it.

Comment

Bought some tickets to the bison game. $65 a ticket. I will probably have some extra once i find out who can all make it.
                              Holy smokes. Are the $65 tickets premium seating or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X