Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single game tickets

Originally posted by goon View Post
    A little change of pace here but if I am not mistaken which often I am, but does anyone know the details why we have 7 home games but only 2 are night games? Basically the drake game seems like its out of place at 1pm which traditionally we've played night games up till hobo day then switched to day games due to getting later in the year and colder etc. when other afternoon games are traditionally at 2pm.
    I honestly have no idea, but if I had to speculate, I'd say it might have something to do with either a schedule conflict of some other event on campus that night? My other guess is that the athletic department is experimenting with earlier kickoff times for September games in future years and wants to see if it might bump attendance. The only reason I say this is because Sell has mentioned that the Drake game is kind of a freebie that the department is using to try some different kinds of promos and experiences with, so I wonder if they're eying moving early season game times up? I don't know why that would boost attendance, but I'm sure it's difficult on families to be getting back home around 10 PM and putting kids to sleep. Just a guess.

Comment

Circling back around to the NDSU game. I count 1,533 seats available plus the Family Section corner, student section and the wedge in between the two.

West side seats left: 8
      East side seats left: 1,525

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        I honestly have no idea, but if I had to speculate, I'd say it might have something to do with either a schedule conflict of some other event on campus that night? My other guess is that the athletic department is experimenting with earlier kickoff times for September games in future years and wants to see if it might bump attendance. The only reason I say this is because Sell has mentioned that the Drake game is kind of a freebie that the department is using to try some different kinds of promos and experiences with, so I wonder if they're eying moving early season game times up? I don't know why that would boost attendance, but I'm sure it's difficult on families to be getting back home around 10 PM and putting kids to sleep. Just a guess.
        that's been an issue for us in the past. especially the 7pm kick off. When they are under 1 years old its not bad. once they get to toddler and pre school age that's rough when you have to drive an hour after the game. On the same hand getting to a game at 2pm with an hour drive and toddlers who need a nap is tricky. Basically if kids still need naps its hard no matter what but evening games for toddler and early elementary age kids is rough. We are going to be in that boat for awhile till all of our kids are old enough. With kids in school activities and other things its a hard age to make many games. We will be there sept 7th for sure. the 14th I have to work anyway so will try to watch while at work which on the other hand allows me to make it to the presidents bowl.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          Time could've also been dictated by Drake, remember it technically is their home game. I'd want an earlier game if I was traveling by bus to and from.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            Time could've also been dictated by Drake, remember it technically is their home game. I'd want an earlier game if I was traveling by bus to and from.
            That makes sense too. And is probably more likely than experimenting with kickoff times.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
              This is what I was thinking as well. Drake was supposed to host this game at 1:00PM but SDSU could not get a hotel within 100 miles due to the fact that the Iowa vs Iowa St. game is the same day in Ames, which is not far from Des Moines. So im guessing they got to dictate the game time since it was moved.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                This is what I was thinking as well. Drake was supposed to host this game at 1:00PM but SDSU could not get a hotel within 100 miles due to the fact that the Iowa vs Iowa St. game is the same day in Ames, which is not far from Des Moines. So im guessing they got to dictate the game time since it was moved.
                President’s Bowl for Sioux Falls high schools that weekend. First game starts at 3:30pm. May have something to do with it.

Comment

This is correct. Drake dictated the time, when they also asked to play here rather than at Drake.

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post

Comment

If you're feeling good about our prospects of going to Frisco this year, the presale is going on right now for FCS Championship tickets. $99 for sideline (only corner sideline available now), and $85 for endzone (quite a bit available there). If you don't have the presale code, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      If you're feeling good about our prospects of going to Frisco this year, the presale is going on right now for FCS Championship tickets. $99 for sideline (only corner sideline available now), and $85 for endzone (quite a bit available there). If you don't have the presale code, PM me.
                      You may be able to get some discounted tickets from sources up north later this year. Oops, that's smack, I will be quiet now.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                        You may be able to get some discounted tickets from sources up north later this year. Oops, that's smack, I will be quiet now.
                        Or sell them for a premium to folks up north....

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Or sell them for a premium to folks up north....
                          They're gone now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            Circling back around to the NDSU game. I count 1,533 seats available plus the Family Section corner, student section and the wedge in between the two.

West side seats left: 8
                            East side seats left: 1,525
                            I counted a grand total of 2,041 tickets available still. There are 12 on the West side and 2,029 on the East side including section 115 (which I'm assuming you are referring to as the 'wedge' which you excluded above). Still plenty of time left to sell the rest of the tickets, but I think it will be more of a marathon than a sprint. A win at Minnesota could help speed things up!

Comment

Working...
                            X