Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single game tickets

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I have a feeling that it will be a sellout so I don't think $65 will scare everybody off. There might be a lot more green in the stands than what people want but I don't think this is a bad strategy. If you can make a large amount of money for this game and then you can lower prices for other games. The person who doesn't have much money can afford more games this way. Was there a ticket for any game that was $20 or less last year?
    Was there a game that you could get into for $17? If I remember right, you can not have playoff tickets selling cheaper than the price that you charged for tickets at a regular season game. With the weather normally bad at the end of November and in December, you want cheap tickets to give people one less reason to miss out.
    This game will be relevant in this area if both teams preform like they should. It is not the USD game, so the media won't quite go bonkers about it for a week, but there will probably be something about this game on the news for two or three days before the game. Anybody who watches the news in this area will know something about it.
    This might be way off the wall but I think this could compare a little to eating out. Everybody wants steak ($65- NDSU game) for the price of a hot dog ($17 or $20 games). You could go to three other games for the price of the NDSU game.
    hopefully this strategy works out. I am guessing that's why NDSU fans can buy tickets since trying to keep them for SDSU fans doesn't sell it out, not it should, and make top dollar doing it, and making other games affordable and like you said probably a cheap home play off game if the football gods allow it. and if they keep season tickets reasonable it might get some to get off the fence and buy them also instead of waiting to get game by game tickets. Seeing cheaper ticket prices I think is good and Im not sure how well I can take advantage of that this year due to prior obligations but as the family is growing, that's a plus in my book in the future if it continues that way.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedYellow View Post
      I have to say I am one of those fans that is amazed @ the amount of apathy by your fans. You have a T5 team/program and you could take the next step with just a little help.
      But then ticket prices might go up.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        Maybe $65 is great deal, but what matters is if it perceived as a great deal or not. That’s the problem here. We will find out I guess.
        You're right, it's all about perception. So be a part of the solution and help change that perception by spreading the word that it's a great deal and encourage people to buy season tickets instead of complaining that it's way too high. Believe it or not, it makes a big difference.

Comment

Does anyone have inside information on tickets sales after day one? I am curious how the day went.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            I'm guessing there's a couple reason for the NDSU ticket price, A) Sell knows NDSU fans travel and will pay that price B) Pushes casual fans that might just otherwise attend the NDSU game to buy season tickets.
            Also possibly a C) it forces Jacks fans to get excited to get tickets when they go on sale when they realize walk up tickets won’t always be available. Bit of a wake up call for the fan base that’s very accustomed to just showing up and grabbing a ticket.
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

From what I can tell, there's less than 20 seats left on the west side and about half of the seats (ish) left on the east side. I was checking fairly often yesterday, and despite Bison fans efforts to buy them all up I think somewhere around 300 (500 max) were sold yesterday based on what was available at 8 AM. No doubt, I'm sure more of their fans will gobble up tickets this week and next. Assuming 90% of the tickets sold prior to yesterday were to Jacks fan's and knowing the number count on the east grandstand, I'd say there will be about 4000 yellow and Green fans on 10/26. There were about 6000 tickets available on the east side yesterday, and I doubt more than 1000 were sold based on what I saw become unavailable online and judging from people posting on bisonville about it . We'll see how the next few weeks go, but I'm sure it'll sell out by 9/1. If it doesn't, I guess we can hope for the walk up crowd.

Comment

I counted the seats available for the NDSU game last night, and there were about 20 on the west side and just over 3,000 on the east side.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                  I counted the seats available for the NDSU game last night, and there were about 20 on the west side and just over 3,000 on the east side.
                  I'm sure that was a grueling count! I wonder how many were available at 8 AM yesterday to be sold. The difference between 8 AM and your count last night would be our bison "surge" number. 3000 tickets left is still quite a few, but they won't last too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                    We'll see how the next few weeks go, but I'm sure it'll sell out by 9/1. If it doesn't, I guess we can hope for the walk up crowd.
                    NDSU has sold out all of their single game tickets so Bison fans will be looking for games to attend.

Comment

• Re: Single game tickets

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Let's run with your Nebraska example:

SDSU's biggest game of the year is vs. NDSU... ticket price is $65, and you can get some pretty good seats for that.

Nebraska's biggest game of the year is vs. Ohio State... minimum ticket price is $200, and that's just to get in the door and sit way up top, if you want decent seats similar to the view at Dykhouse, you're talking 4-500.

The overarching point is... $65 for this game isn't really that bad of a price, whether you're a casual fan or rabid fan. Throw in the fact that you can get a season ticket for just $125... SDSU football tickets are a great value.
                      I'm a little late to this discussion and I've tried to avoid the Nebraska comparison. That said, last year my "Nebraska" family talked about going to a collegiate game. I live in central Nebraska and have two UNL graduates, two University of Nebraska - Kearney graduates, a University of Nebraska Med student and my wife and I are Jackrabbits. We made the trip to Brookings last year to watch Bo Pelini get worked up on the sidelines and a bunch of NebraskaJacks beat the Guins. The last time our family chose going to Lincoln for a Husker game (2 hour travel time) instead of going to Brookings (6 hours), was the last time the Jackrabbits played in Lincoln.

Our family has enjoyed both venues and their different traditions. Cost is an issue and that is one reason we generally only go to one game each year. The other more important issue is time with busy schedules. Yet we still view the price of a Jackrabbit ticket to be a very good value compared to Lincoln, and in neither instance has the cost of the ticket kept us from going to a game. I'm also surprised how often I'm sitting next to fans from Nebraska at Jackrabbit games. Two years ago I sat next to someone from Omaha who had absolutely no connections to SDSU. He just saw the value of seeing a quality program and wanted to try something different than Lincoln, and he loved the experience! Heck, our employee group owns five Husker season tickets and I still choose to pay to go to Brookings to watch a game instead.

The final judge of the $65 ticket value will ultimately be judged by "RockyNomics" as those of you who took any economics classes several decades ago. It's all about supply and demand. If the Marker game sells out, I'd say the $65 tickets were of value. Unfortunately, we won't find out until game time if the value was worth more to those wearing green versus blue on the east side. For the casual fan experience, the real value is in how many pay $17 to see Drake play or $20 for later season games against ISU-red or UNI. I'm glad the administration is using real world economics in marketing these games.

Comment

Unrelated to single game tickets, but related to attendance:

I'm watching the KLVY broadcast of 2017 Marker victory in Brookings. 1) It's awesome to hear the Bison Homers whine as the game goes along and they realize they're getting beat soundly and 2) The game was filmed from the east side. This is a HUGE improvement over the west side because all you see on TV is a full grandstand. I seriously think the midco view from West looking east (at pretty empty stands) really hurts the perception of gamedays on TV, making it harder to showcase a great atmosphere on TV to potential fans. The west side obviously has better elevation for camera angles, but I'd think that some type of film tower/nest over there that stands another 10 or 20 feet above the stands would improve the angle. It's just amazing how much better it looks seeing the home stands on TV, and not the east grandstand and empty corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          Unrelated to single game tickets, but related to attendance:

I'm watching the KLVY broadcast of 2017 Marker victory in Brookings. 1) It's awesome to hear the Bison Homers whine as the game goes along and they realize they're getting beat soundly and 2) The game was filmed from the east side. This is a HUGE improvement over the west side because all you see on TV is a full grandstand. I seriously think the midco view from West looking east (at pretty empty stands) really hurts the perception of gamedays on TV, making it harder to showcase a great atmosphere on TV to potential fans. The west side obviously has better elevation for camera angles, but I'd think that some type of film tower/nest over there that stands another 10 or 20 feet above the stands would improve the angle. It's just amazing how much better it looks seeing the home stands on TV, and not the east grandstand and empty corners.
                          That sounds like the way YSU does their games, and I hate it! What bothers me most is the upside-down logo at mid-field; looks like a high school trying to live-stream a game. I don't need us to show different angles of the stadium so that we can lie about attendance. The majority of the people watching those games online are Jacks fans, anyways. If they are complaining about empty seats in the stadium while sitting in their living rooms, maybe they should be at the game to solve the problem. (Not directed at people who live more than a state away as you have a good reason to not be at the games.)
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            That sounds like the way YSU does their games, and I hate it! What bothers me most is the upside-down logo at mid-field; looks like a high school trying to live-stream a game. I don't need us to show different angles of the stadium so that we can lie about attendance. The majority of the people watching those games online are Jacks fans, anyways. If they are complaining about empty seats in the stadium while sitting in their living rooms, maybe they should be at the game to solve the problem. (Not directed at people who live more than a state away as you have a good reason to not be at the games.)
                            If that’s lying about attendance then you’ll be shocked at what other schools do lol. Realistically showing the east side does give a bad image for prospective fans. Showing a full west side is a better look than showing a half full east side, JMO. It doesn’t do much to show the true game day atmosphere to entice people to come to the games. I hear where you’re coming from but that’s not lying about attendance to me. Maybe manipulating the circumstances somewhat. Now saying your stadium holds, let’s make something up and say 10k while it really holds like 7-8k and reporting numbers near the 10k, that would be some shady stuff there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                              I'd say most of those people watching are watching on Midco, not online through the streaming service. And it's definitely not lying about attendance. Right now, if you watch a home game on Midco and didn't know better, you'd assume there were 1000 people in the stands. If anything, the image projected by showing the east side of the stands is a greater deviation from the actual atmosphere than showing the mostly full west stands. SDSU looks a lot more like they're lying about attendance when they report 15k, but you only see the half empty east side. Doing the opposite would just be showing what's actually there.

Comment

A little change of pace here but if I am not mistaken which often I am, but does anyone know the details why we have 7 home games but only 2 are night games? Basically the drake game seems like its out of place at 1pm which traditionally we've played night games up till hobo day then switched to day games due to getting later in the year and colder etc. when other afternoon games are traditionally at 2pm.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X