Single game tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single game tickets

Since it hasn't really been discussed yet, how does everyone feel about the new ticket price setup? There isn't a single game over 40 bucks, except for NDSU at 65 per ticket. Most of the others are 20 bucks except Hobo Day at 32. Those xlamoring for lowered ticket prices should be happy. I'm just hoping that the 65 doesn't keep Jacks fans away for the Marker game. I'm guessing the athletics department figured they know that they can sell 19000 tickets for that game for a premium price and they're hoping to entice more people to attend the other games with lowered prices. If this doesn't work and we end up with 9000 sold in November against UNI and ISUR, I seriously doubt they'll do this again next year. They're probably going to need to see a bump of a several thousand at each of those late games to make up the 17 dollar difference compared with last year.

Edit: And how much of this has to do with the Drake game being moved to Brookings, essentially giving the department another 15k tickets to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      Since it hasn't really been discussed yet, how does everyone feel about the new ticket price setup? There isn't a single game over 40 bucks, except for NDSU at 65 per ticket. Most of the others are 20 bucks except Hobo Day at 32. Those xlamoring for lowered ticket prices should be happy. I'm just hoping that the 65 doesn't keep Jacks fans away for the Marker game. I'm guessing the athletics department figured they know that they can sell 19000 tickets for that game for a premium price and they're hoping to entice more people to attend the other games with lowered prices. If this doesn't work and we end up with 9000 sold in November against UNI and ISUR, I seriously doubt they'll do this again next year. They're probably going to need to see a bump of a several thousand at each of those late games to make up the 17 dollar difference compared with last year.

Edit: And how much of this has to do with the Drake game being moved to Brookings, essentially giving the department another 15k tickets to sell?
      $65/ticket for the NDSU game is too high. They might sell out because NDSU fans travel but it's a slap in the face to families that attend these games that are on a tight budget. TBH, I'm not sure I would pay that price.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        $65/ticket for the NDSU game is too high. They might sell out because NDSU fans travel but it's a slap in the face to families that attend these games that are on a tight budget. TBH, I'm not sure I would pay that price.
        It is a very interesting strategy for sure, you would think they are planning to sell to NDSU fans based on the price point.

As a reminder, 2 years ago, they did not allow anyone to buy tickets prior to the game unless they were a season ticket holder, a booster, or bought the previous season. (they did not ask who you are router for and why I am following this closely) It was largely successful as much as it pains me to admit.

Comment

Wasn't this ticket like 55 or 58 bucks two years ago??? Obviously, a 10 dollar increase for a large family adds up pretty quick. But I'm not sure that they're really gouging their own fans when the trend of Jacks fans over the last several years has been to show up in 15k + numbers for NDSU and occasionally the beef bowl or Hobo Day. Hasn't that been the common complaint the last several years from folks on here with families: that tickets were too expensive so they could only afford to go to one or two games and that the premium games were the ones they chose to see? It seems like by maxing out the revenue for the NDSU game (since it will sell out regardless) while making the rest of the games more affordable for large families on a tight budget should be a win-win. A family of 5 can now go watch the UNI game and the ISUr game for the close to the same price as it would have cost to just watch one of those games 2 year's ago when the cheapest ticket was 27 bucks for those two games.

Edit: Went back and looked at old ticket prices. In 2017, an SDSU season ticket holder could purchase extra Marker tickets for $47. When they went on-sale to the general public, they were $55. Cheapest tickets the last two years for non-premium games were 27 bucks. I can't remember exactly how they set the scale, but the highest priced tickets were always NDSU/USD/Hobo Day, followed by the Beef bowl, and then the rest.
          Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 07-30-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Call me a ****ty fan if you want, but not a chance I'm paying 120+ to drive up from Sioux Falls when it's on TV.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Call me a ****ty fan if you want, but not a chance I'm paying 120+ to drive up from Sioux Falls when it's on TV.
              I get that they're expensive, but the Marker game has also become one of the biggest, if not the biggest, games of the season in the FCS. 65 bucks to watch two top 5 teams that are rivals play in a nationally relevant game in your home stadium as a sellout is worth it to me. But I understand that it may not be to others and/or those with large families.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                I get that they're expensive, but the Marker game has also become one of the biggest, if not the biggest, games of the season in the FCS. 65 bucks to watch two top 5 teams that are rivals play in a nationally relevant game in your home stadium as a sellout is worth it to me. But I understand that it may not be to others and/or those with large families.
                This. Supply and demand. Basically, if you want to go to the NDSU game just buy season tickets. Chances are, the NDSU game won't be the only one you want to go to. This is no different than the way any major college or pro team sells tickets. It's not what we're used to, but we're getting to be pretty big time now. Time to have big time ticket pricing as well. If you're a fan that wants to watch the NDSU game at home and come to others because they're cheaper, that's just fine (also, maybe you take your whole family to the cheaper games, but leave the kids... and maybe the wife too... at home for the NDSU game. just saying, there are options to make it affordable). However, if you go to more than a few games, again, you might as well just buy season tickets. I know it's not apples to apples, but I'm headed to a Hawkeyes game this fall, and you can't get in the door for under $130 per person.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  This is why it's so important to keep striving to make games more than just a game. It has to be an experience. I mentioned in my other post that I'm going to a Hawkeyes game and paying a premium for it (and I'm not even that big of a fan). I could sit at home and watch it for free, but I really enjoy the atmosphere of tailgating and during the game, so it's worth it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    This. Supply and demand. Basically, if you want to go to the NDSU game just buy season tickets. Chances are, the NDSU game won't be the only one you want to go to. This is no different than the way any major college or pro team sells tickets. It's not what we're used to, but we're getting to be pretty big time now. Time to have big time ticket pricing as well. If you're a fan that wants to watch the NDSU game at home and come to others because they're cheaper, that's just fine (also, maybe you take your whole family to the cheaper games, but leave the kids... and maybe the wife too... at home for the NDSU game. just saying, there are options to make it affordable). However, if you go to more than a few games, again, you might as well just buy season tickets. I know it's not apples to apples, but I'm headed to a Hawkeyes game this fall, and you can't get in the door for under $130 per person.
                    I will add, you can buy season tickets at low as $125 (corner sections and not have to pay any Jackrabbit club dues). 7 home games comes out to $18/game (this was price of season tickets back in the Coughlin Alumi Stadium days).

Comment

I fear there will be a lot more Bison fans this year than 2 years ago. I bought 20 tickets for family that come once a year to a Jacks game. Some are from the Fargo area and north of Alexandria MN. They come to cheer on the Jacks. We tailgate and and have a great time. I hope some of the big donors will buy up tickets like they did 2 years ago. Too many fans that arent thinking that far ahead to buy tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        I fear there will be a lot more Bison fans this year than 2 years ago. I bought 20 tickets for family that come once a year to a Jacks game. Some are from the Fargo area and north of Alexandria MN. They come to cheer on the Jacks. We tailgate and and have a great time. I hope some of the big donors will buy up tickets like they did 2 years ago. Too many fans that arent thinking that far ahead to buy tickets.
                        Tbh, that's fine. I hope all the tickets get scooped up right away and some people miss out on going to the game. I hope there's no group that buys a ton of tickets and gives them away for cheap or free. There needs to be a sense of urgency in getting tickets and a feeling that you're missing out on something if you can't get one. This would drive up season ticket sales/early single game sales and reduce the dependency on walk up crowds/nice weather.

Comment

I agree, as much as we want to be big time we are still podunk Dakota schools.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                Sure. And there's one podunk Dakota School with about 3-5k fans that are about to buy up those tickets at $65 a pop tomorrow without blinking an eye and drive 3 hours down to Brookings. The only thing podunk about SDSU is the attitude of our a certain subset of our fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X