Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single game tickets

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I'd say the number one reason our fanbase struggles to sell out home games is our fans...

It is what it is. If $65 is too expensive for the Marker game, I hope that those families can make it to the ISU/UNI games instead.
    Yep. Hopefully fans can make other games if price is an option. I know our son is bummed we dont go to every game now like we did when he was younger. The apathy of fans and students is still lingering. I friend at work who is a usd grad doesn't follow them at all but is obsessed with the huskers. As a student usd was bad when he was there so he had little interest in going if they were just going to lose again. Sdsu has had that too but not as bad as others.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      *Starts timer, opens up The Score app on my phone, switches to college football, changes to FCS, looks through scores especially the top 25, closes app, stops timer, sees that it only took 30 seconds*
      Looking at scores is on thing but the fcs landscape and how it impacts sdsu is more then 30 seconds a week of score watching. I follow the top 25 standings as maybe a team around us might play another top team but frankly most of those top games that affect rankings are mvfc anyway. Only a few other top teams have that man ly good games against ranked teams.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Who cares how relevant it is in the sports world/national radar?! We're not trying to draw fans in from the East and West coasts for this game. We're trying to draw fans in from a 100 mile radius and Fargo. In those areas, this game is relevant. Your apathy toward SDSU is puzzling. You guys act like this is DSU football, not SDSU football.
        I could give a rats ass how relevant they are nationally. I didn't say they were.

I have no apathy towards SDSU football. It might be hard for you to understand but people have other interests that trump SDSU football. I'd much rather be chasing an elk around the mountains than sitting on my couch (or in a stadium) watching football. If I'm free for the day I watch the game if not I don't. I'll read about it on here or watch highlights.

As far as the $65/ticket I'll bet I'm not alone in thinking that's too much. But I also won't pay $100+ dollars to go watch an NFL game or and NBA game. Personally, it's just not worth it. For some it is and that's fine. I won't try to convince them it's dumb way to spend their money.

Comment

[/B]

You should. It's damn good football and it absolutely impacts the Jack's playoff positioning each week.
          Personally it's just not that interesting to me.

Comment

Sure. And there's one podunk Dakota School with about 3-5k fans that are about to buy up those tickets at $65 a pop tomorrow without blinking an eye and drive 3 hours down to Brookings. The only thing podunk about SDSU is the attitude of our a certain subset of our fans.
            Ding ding ding. Folks who say this either A) are Husker fans first and anything below the P5 is podunk or B) haven’t been to many FCS games in general. Hell, we went to the Marker Game and my pa came out from WI. His comment was “Jesus this is like a smaller version of Lambeau” when he went through tailgating. That ain’t podunk. It also isn’t something that’s unattainable for SDSU either, if folks change their attitudes a bit. I have folks up here in Fargo who are literally baffled by the apathy of our fan base. They aren’t even being demeaning when they ask me about it, they genuinely don’t understand it, especially late season. Obviously there’s a lot of factors to it, but we have a healthy contingent just on our OWN FAN BOARD who have the attitude that is holding our fan base back. It is what it is I guess.
            Who cares how relevant it is in the sports world/national radar?! We're not trying to draw fans in from the East and West coasts for this game. We're trying to draw fans in from a 100 mile radius and Fargo. In those areas, this game is relevant. Your apathy toward SDSU is puzzling. You guys act like this is DSU football, not SDSU football.
            It’s our basketball fans that are generally more invested in Husker football and go to SDSU games cause it’s cheaper. JMO.

Season tickets are dirt cheap for SDSU. The quality of ball played is phenomenal for the cost to watch it. The team is too good to have the apathetic following some people give it, but it is what it is. If someone got season tickets (cheap ones) they could afford to go to three games that includes Hobo Day and the Marker game for cheaper than getting the single game tickets without attending a single different game.

That said, I get it. Life is hard to fit around games when you have kids and family obligations. The wife and I have to plan our plans around the football season to make the games. We do it because we want to. Some people can’t do that. It really burns my ass when people poo poo the level of play and quality of program trying to justify not paying the ticket prices cause they only want to go to the Marker Game or Hobo Day. The reason the prices are higher is because that’s the games everyone wants to go to. If they don’t do that there is a zero percent chance that money is recouped during the course of the season in other games or by the increased attendance of that single game. If
            Originally posted by goon View Post
            Looking at scores is on thing but the fcs landscape and how it impacts sdsu is more then 30 seconds a week of score watching. I follow the top 25 standings as maybe a team around us might play another top team but frankly most of those top games that affect rankings are mvfc anyway. Only a few other top teams have that man ly good games against ranked teams.
            It’s really pretty easy to get a decent amount of FCS knowledge without investing a ton of time into it. There’s going to be a national FCS radio show broadcast out of Verm and Yankton this year, HeroSports does a great job kicking out articles that are pretty easy to read, the AGS poll thread is full of great info/arguments about the top teams, and with most people having cut the cord nowadays, ESPN+ is chock full of FCS matchups, plus PlutoTV is a free service that carries all the BigSky. Any one of those options can give someone pretty good insight into the subdivision without much time/effort invested. Certainly people don’t need to put the effort the guys do who vote in polls or anything, and it’s not as easy as flipping over to FS1 or ESPN and getting an avalanche of Ohio State and Bama coverage, but it’s not terribly difficult either if you know where to look.

That said, I’ve half kicked around the idea of trying a podcast that helps people get a grasp of the national landscape of FCS football. But there are a decent number of those already from the AGSwedge to FCSFanNation and the like. I guess my point is FCS has a pretty solid amount of information sources out there, they just won’t be on your local ESPNRadio or FoxSportsRadio. It’s part of why I think getting a full time SDSU sports show on one of the local radio stations would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              It really burns my ass when people poo poo the level of play and quality of program trying to justify not paying the ticket prices cause they only want to go to the Marker Game or Hobo Day.
              Exactly. If you don't want to pay it because you can't justify it, that's just fine. Don't try to downplay the program to make yourself feel better about not wanting to pay it.

Comment

I have to say I am one of those fans that is amazed @ the amount of apathy by your fans. You have a T5 team/program and you could take the next step with just a little help.
                2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

In the FCS national landscape, that's a patently false statement. A late season top 5 match up is extremely relevant nationally, whether in Brookings, Fargo, Harrisonburg, or Cheney. Also, I don't know what you call the last 8 years of Jackrabbit football if not a sucessful "track record".

I'll be at the game with 5 more. Can't wait!
                  Of course to people that are really into FCS and SDSU football they have a track record. I am only speaking about the casual fan who just happens to notice score of the game on the news or in the newspaper. Just for fun lets say a "casual fan" has two groups of friends, one group is going to the marker game for $65. The other group is going to Lincoln for a game and it's going to cost $65 or way more even. I bet it would surprise a lot people how many times the latter is chosen because of the history of N football and it's presence on a national stage. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    Of course to people that are really into FCS and SDSU football they have a track record. I am only speaking about the casual fan who just happens to notice score of the game on the news or in the newspaper. Just for fun lets say a "casual fan" has two groups of friends, one group is going to the marker game for $65. The other group is going to Lincoln for a game and it's going to cost $65 or way more even. I bet it would surprise a lot people how many times the latter is chosen because of the history of N football and it's presence on a national stage. JMO
                    Let's run with your Nebraska example:

SDSU's biggest game of the year is vs. NDSU... ticket price is $65, and you can get some pretty good seats for that.

Nebraska's biggest game of the year is vs. Ohio State... minimum ticket price is $200, and that's just to get in the door and sit way up top, if you want decent seats similar to the view at Dykhouse, you're talking 4-500.

The overarching point is... $65 for this game isn't really that bad of a price, whether you're a casual fan or rabid fan. Throw in the fact that you can get a season ticket for just $125... SDSU football tickets are a great value.

Comment

SDSU's biggest game of the year is vs. NDSU... ticket price is $65, and you can get some pretty good seats for that.

Nebraska's biggest game of the year is vs. Ohio State... minimum ticket price is $200, and that's just to get in the door and sit way up top, if you want decent seats similar to the view at Dykhouse, you're talking 4-500.

The overarching point is... $65 for this game isn't really that bad of a price, whether you're a casual fan or rabid fan. Throw in the fact that you can get a season ticket for just $125... SDSU football tickets are a great value.
                      Must spread rep!
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I
                        Maybe $65 is great deal, but what matters is if it perceived as a great deal or not. That’s the problem here. We will find out I guess.

Comment

I'm guessing there's a couple reason for the NDSU ticket price, A) Sell knows NDSU fans travel and will pay that price B) Pushes casual fans that might just otherwise attend the NDSU game to buy season tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I'm guessing there's a couple reason for the NDSU ticket price, A) Sell knows NDSU fans travel and will pay that price B) Pushes casual fans that might just otherwise attend the NDSU game to buy season tickets.
                            yep, and the prices for the other games are more then reasonable if you only go to a game or two. That's my guess why they jacked up the NDSU price to see if lowering the price to the other home games especially the non conference games and see if that helps increase attendance.

Comment

I scored a 50 yard line, west side Hobo Day ticket for $45 a few minutes ago - the only seat available in that prime section. That’s a good deal as far as I’m concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                yep, and the prices for the other games are more then reasonable if you only go to a game or two. That's my guess why they jacked up the NDSU price to see if lowering the price to the other home games especially the non conference games and see if that helps increase attendance.
                                I have a feeling that it will be a sellout so I don't think $65 will scare everybody off. There might be a lot more green in the stands than what people want but I don't think this is a bad strategy. If you can make a large amount of money for this game and then you can lower prices for other games. The person who doesn't have much money can afford more games this way. Was there a ticket for any game that was $20 or less last year?
                                Was there a game that you could get into for $17? If I remember right, you can not have playoff tickets selling cheaper than the price that you charged for tickets at a regular season game. With the weather normally bad at the end of November and in December, you want cheap tickets to give people one less reason to miss out.
                                This game will be relevant in this area if both teams preform like they should. It is not the USD game, so the media won't quite go bonkers about it for a week, but there will probably be something about this game on the news for two or three days before the game. Anybody who watches the news in this area will know something about it.
                                This might be way off the wall but I think this could compare a little to eating out. Everybody wants steak ($65- NDSU game) for the price of a hot dog ($17 or $20 games). You could go to three other games for the price of the NDSU game.

Comment

Working...
                                X