Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single game tickets

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit
    Sell and the Students' Association continue to push for a more relaxed atmosphere but I don't think they are going to win that battle as long as Dunn is President. I haven't worked for SDSU for almost a year now and a lot could have changed in that time but I think it continues to be a battle.
    A very interesting take, no doubt based on meetings that you have sat in on. I do think everyone is responsible for their behavior and should be held accountable, be they students, alumni or just a walk up ticket purchasers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      Sure. And there's one podunk Dakota School with about 3-5k fans that are about to buy up those tickets at $65 a pop tomorrow without blinking an eye and drive 3 hours down to Brookings. The only thing podunk about SDSU is the attitude of our a certain subset of our fans.
      Al I am sayin is 65$ to a casual fan is wayyyyy to much to ask. Outside of Fargo and Brookings this game will barely make a blip on the national radar. NDSU has the track record and a "metro" to lean on. SDSU doesn't really have either. I'm going to be at the game, but I won't knock anyone who won't pay that kind of money to be there either.

Comment

21 minutes and ticket office phones go crazy

Comment

Only a handful of single seats available on the West Side of the stadium for the NDSU game, which is really good, looks like a lot of season ticket holders bought extra tickets for that game. There are a ton available on the East side though. Hoping to see some blue over there, but I'm guessing it's going to be a pretty solid green.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Only a handful of single seats available on the West Side of the stadium for the NDSU game, which is really good, looks like a lot of season ticket holders bought extra tickets for that game. There are a ton available on the East side though. Hoping to see some blue over there, but I'm guessing it's going to be a pretty solid green.
            I had a buddy with season tickets get me four so I wouldn't be left out in the cold.

Comment

Bought 2 NDSU vs SDSU tickets in section 120. I'll take it.

@SloShow @Thumper. I'll see you bastards there!
              Last edited by IBleedYellow; 08-01-2019, 08:38 AM.
              2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                Al I am sayin is 65$ to a casual fan is wayyyyy to much to ask. Outside of Fargo and Brookings this game will barely make a blip on the national radar. NDSU has the track record and a "metro" to lean on. SDSU doesn't really have either. I'm going to be at the game, but I won't knock anyone who won't pay that kind of money to be there either.
                In the FCS national landscape, that's a patently false statement. A late season top 5 match up is extremely relevant nationally, whether in Brookings, Fargo, Harrisonburg, or Cheney. Also, I don't know what you call the last 8 years of Jackrabbit football if not a sucessful "track record".

I'll be at the game with 5 more. Can't wait!

Comment

@IBleedYellow we'll be there with bells (bibs) on!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

In the FCS national landscape, that's a patently false statement. A late season top 5 match up is extremely relevant nationally, whether in Brookings, Fargo, Harrisonburg, or Cheney. Also, I don't know what you call the last 8 years of Jackrabbit football if not a sucessful "track record".

The "FCS national landscape" isn't much in the sports world. You can think it's relevant all you want but most sports fans don't have a clue about the FCS. I'll run into people that comment on my SDSU gear and if they have a clue about sports they'll comment about how we've won like 7 national championships.

I consider myself a pretty big SDSU fan but I don't pay attention to anything FCS outside the MVFC.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      Outside of Fargo and Brookings this game will barely make a blip on the national radar.
                      Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      The "FCS national landscape" isn't much in the sports world. You can think it's relevant all you want but most sports fans don't have a clue about the FCS.
                      Who cares how relevant it is in the sports world/national radar?! We're not trying to draw fans in from the East and West coasts for this game. We're trying to draw fans in from a 100 mile radius and Fargo. In those areas, this game is relevant. Your apathy toward SDSU is puzzling. You guys act like this is DSU football, not SDSU football.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        The "FCS national landscape" isn't much in the sports world. You can think it's relevant all you want but most sports fans don't have a clue about the FCS. I'll run into people that comment on my SDSU gear and if they have a clue about sports they'll comment about how we've won like 7 national championships.

I consider myself a pretty big SDSU fan but I don't pay attention to anything FCS outside the MVFC.

You should. It's damn good football and it absolutely impacts the Jack's playoff positioning each week.

Comment

Is it relevant yes will people care much out of the tri state region. No. It's a big game probably biggest regular season game of the year. We as a fan base struggle for many reasons to sell out a game. With iut ndsu fans we dont sell out. Even usd fans dont show up much for a rivalry game. Sdsu fan base needs to keep growing and there are many factors that keep people away. Price will be one of them. If they keep season tickets prices reasonable it might help increase season ticket sales if it's a better deal then buying them game by game.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Is it relevant yes will people care much out of the tri state region. No. It's a big game probably biggest regular season game of the year. We as a fan base struggle for many reasons to sell out a game. With iut ndsu fans we dont sell out. Even usd fans dont show up much for a rivalry game. Sdsu fan base needs to keep growing and there are many factors that keep people away. Price will be one of them. If they keep season tickets prices reasonable it might help increase season ticket sales if it's a better deal then buying them game by game.

I'd say the number one reason our fanbase struggles to sell out home games is our fans...

It is what it is. If $65 is too expensive for the Marker game, I hope that those families can make it to the ISU/UNI games instead.

Comment

[/B]

You should. It's damn good football and it absolutely impacts the Jack's playoff positioning each week.
                              All I can think is the video or meme of the ain't nobody got time for that......
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                All I can think is the video or meme of the ain't nobody got time for that......
                                *Starts timer, opens up The Score app on my phone, switches to college football, changes to FCS, looks through scores especially the top 25, closes app, stops timer, sees that it only took 30 seconds*

Comment

Working...
                                X