Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single game tickets

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Sure. And there's one podunk Dakota School with about 3-5k fans that are about to buy up those tickets at $65 a pop tomorrow without blinking an eye and drive 3 hours down to Brookings. The only thing podunk about SDSU is the attitude of our a certain subset of our fans.
    I am not going to touch this one except we are off the beaten path. The Bison have a good following. Would we pay $65 in Fargo? I might!
    Last edited by Nidaros; 07-31-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      Sure. And there's one podunk Dakota School with about 3-5k fans that are about to buy up those tickets at $65 a pop tomorrow without blinking an eye and drive 3 hours down to Brookings. The only thing podunk about SDSU is the attitude of our a certain subset of our fans.
      100% agree with Mr. Tibbs as a Bison fan. I'd also add that the only "podunk" part of the experience of gameday in Fargo is the number of seats. Other that that, it is very similar to any big time program, and even a much better tailgate than Iowa (due to he poor stadium location). We are always shocked in Brookings that you don't have as rabid a tailgate as in Fargo; that should be a focus for growth to drive interest in the overall experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I am not going to touch this one except we are off the beaten path. The Bison have a good following. Would we pay $65 in Fargo? I might!
        I have, on StubHub and I had 4 other people join me.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
          100% agree with Mr. Tibbs as a Bison fan. I'd also add that the only "podunk" part of the experience of gameday in Fargo is the number of seats. Other that that, it is very similar to any big time program, and even a much better tailgate than Iowa (due to he poor stadium location). We are always shocked in Brookings that you don't have as rabid a tailgate as in Fargo; that should be a focus for growth to drive interest in the overall experience.
          As has been discussed to death, the Hobo Day incident of beer throwing a few years ago ruined tailgating. It just has. The crew that tailgates in the library parking lot is trying to bring it back but the "backyard" just isn't the same. UPD and administration policies have ruined the experience for students and folks who just want to wander. Sell and the Students' Association continue to push for a more relaxed atmosphere but I don't think they are going to win that battle as long as Dunn is President. I haven't worked for SDSU for almost a year now and a lot could have changed in that time but I think it continues to be a battle.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
            much better tailgate than Iowa (due to he poor stadium location)

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              As has been discussed to death, the Hobo Day incident of beer throwing a few years ago ruined tailgating. It just has. The crew that tailgates in the library parking lot is trying to bring it back but the "backyard" just isn't the same. UPD and administration policies have ruined the experience for students and folks who just want to wander. Sell and the Students' Association continue to push for a more relaxed atmosphere but I don't think they are going to win that battle as long as Dunn is President. I haven't worked for SDSU for almost a year now and a lot could have changed in that time but I think it continues to be a battle.
              This. WestSide is absolutely correct that the specific incident in 2014 and the stance that the current administration has taken are what have drastically changed tailgating at State. I don't want to rehash the debate absolutely about student behavior in the Backyard that's been beaten to death, but I agree that our tailgating situation has hurt us a lot, and it is unlikely to change under the current administration.

And back to the topic at hand, I would absolutely pay $65 dollars to watch this game in Fargo. I think this ticket pricing is a great way to make games cheaper for families, including Hobo Day (which is the #1 or 2 premium game each year), while maximizing revenue for the cash cow Marker game.

Comment

With the higher ticket prices that's probably why it will be open to ndsu fans right away. We will welcome them down and thanks for spending their money in south Dakota for a great game. But also allow other home games to be more unreasonably priced. With kids in school and activities we are only planning 1 game this year. Sort of play it by ear as games get closer but sadly my point in life is far removed from buying season tickets like we use too for many years. The more the games are on tv the better it is for me now. Would love to get to more games and enjoy tailgating with the family but it seems sdsu is still trying to figure it out.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  I still remember the fear in may parents eyes and other elderly fans when the full beer cans started flying indiscriminately into the air. It was an ugly and bad situation that can never be repeated. I hope we can relax the rules and give it another chance for people to enjoy themselves without being harassed.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    With the higher ticket prices that's probably why it will be open to ndsu fans right away. We will welcome them down and thanks for spending their money in south Dakota for a great game. But also allow other home games to be more unreasonably priced. With kids in school and activities we are only planning 1 game this year. Sort of play it by ear as games get closer but sadly my point in life is far removed from buying season tickets like we use too for many years. The more the games are on tv the better it is for me now. Would love to get to more games and enjoy tailgating with the family but it seems sdsu is still trying to figure it out.
                    At first you say that due to school and activities you're only planning 1 game this year. Then you say that you would love to get to more games and enjoy tailgating with the family but it seems sdsu is still trying to figure it out. I'm on board with your first reason completely and I get it. However, the second one... what is sdsu trying to figure out that's stopping you from getting to more games and enjoying tailgating with the family? They dropped ticket prices for games other than NDSU... the tailgating atmosphere, while it could be better, is plenty adequate for a family to enjoy tailgating... There's an alumni tent with free food and a whole area inside the sjac dedicated to kids.

Comment

Watching football in Brookings cannot be duplicated on TV. There are so few games I cannot imagine missing any games regardless of the drive/cold etc!

Comment

Last year, I decided not to renew my season tickets, (kind of a "I'll show you" move on my part regarding the Junior Jacks price hike) I still kind of regret that decision, because while they were near the Northwest corner, they were still really good seats.

If I do decide to get season tickets again in the future, they'll probably have to be on the east side.

As of right now though, I'm planning on doing what I did last year....getting to DJD for 1 or maybe 2 regular season games and for sure all the playoff games.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          At first you say that due to school and activities you're only planning 1 game this year. Then you say that you would love to get to more games and enjoy tailgating with the family but it seems sdsu is still trying to figure it out. I'm on board with your first reason completely and I get it. However, the second one... what is sdsu trying to figure out that's stopping you from getting to more games and enjoying tailgating with the family? They dropped ticket prices for games other than NDSU... the tailgating atmosphere, while it could be better, is plenty adequate for a family to enjoy tailgating... There's an alumni tent with free food and a whole area inside the sjac dedicated to kids.
                          Yep after the stadium was built and it's starting to become the new normal but previous years didnt know anything about the sjac activities. Probably my fault for not looking into it more. More so our issue is we have 8, 5 21 months and number 4 is on the way. Basically since we started having kids we have had kids that still need naps new borns and toddlers so it was tricking getting them naps depending when the game is. Our kids turn into devil kids when they dont get their naps when they are young. It's mostly just the logistics of having kids at different ages. Like when our son was a baby it was easier to stay for a late game. But when my kids are in the 3-5 age staying up late is hard on them. Same reason if they dont have the fan fest at the summit league tourney this year we probably wont get all session passes for the first time since it's been in sioux falls. We went from just me and my dad to the whole family but having young kids hang out at the denny with little to do for the breaks wears us out more then the kids and dont really get to enjoy the games. Plus I am in school working on my masters so as much as I want to go to sdsu games I have my time split many ways. One last thought my wife and I go to shows at the pavillion which doesn't really affect football but we went to les miserables for probably 60 bucks total for world class entertainment in the town we live in. That wouldn't even cover 1 ticket to the ndsu game that we have to travel more for it. Sorry for the long post.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Yep after the stadium was built and it's starting to become the new normal but previous years didnt know anything about the sjac activities. Probably my fault for not looking into it more. More so our issue is we have 8, 5 21 months and number 4 is on the way. Basically since we started having kids we have had kids that still need naps new borns and toddlers so it was tricking getting them naps depending when the game is. Our kids turn into devil kids when they dont get their naps when they are young. It's mostly just the logistics of having kids at different ages. Like when our son was a baby it was easier to stay for a late game. But when my kids are in the 3-5 age staying up late is hard on them. Same reason if they dont have the fan fest at the summit league tourney this year we probably wont get all session passes for the first time since it's been in sioux falls. We went from just me and my dad to the whole family but having young kids hang out at the denny with little to do for the breaks wears us out more then the kids and dont really get to enjoy the games. Plus I am in school working on my masters so as much as I want to go to sdsu games I have my time split many ways. One last thought my wife and I go to shows at the pavillion which doesn't really affect football but we went to les miserables for probably 60 bucks total for world class entertainment in the town we live in. That wouldn't even cover 1 ticket to the ndsu game that we have to travel more for it. Sorry for the long post.
                            All these things are valid reasons and why it's so hard to get young families to games. However, I was confused about your comment about how SDSU is still trying to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              I still remember the fear in may parents eyes and other elderly fans when the full beer cans started flying indiscriminately into the air. It was an ugly and bad situation that can never be repeated. I hope we can relax the rules and give it another chance for people to enjoy themselves without being harassed.
                              If full beer cans are flying in the air and landing randomly on some innocent person, why would the Administration relax the rules? I think they would be wise to go in the opposite direction to avoid lawsuits and few other things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                All these things are valid reasons and why it's so hard to get young families to games. However, I was confused about your comment about how SDSU is still trying to figure it out.
                                More so from its journey from D2 days when I was a student. Tailgating wasnt even a thing and over the last 15 years in grown and changed a lot. And what it will be 15 years from now will probably change a lot too. Other places have it down to a science and it hasn't hardly changed in decades. our tailgating experience at sdsu is still in the youth stages of development imho. Its staring to take shape more and more. So I apologize if that wasnt clear what I meant.

Comment

Working...
                                X