Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks @ Gophers

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Just looking at the GSU schedule, they have a tough one and I dont see SDSU moving up to FBS in my life time. I just turned 78 on Monday and might be hanging around for maybe 12 more years and it is not very likely to happen in that period of time. We got a ways to grow in FCS before that thought has a bearing in the movers and shakers minds. Its different south of the Mason-Dixon line. You have ape-sh*t crazy football fans that we dont have in Dakota. By November 1 high schools are in playoffs and fans up here are thinking basketball. SDSU doesn't hava a FargoDome either and maybe we should have built one. At any rate, I dont expect to be taking in games in November this year. Last year I sat outside in the cold and watched the USD-SDSU game in 19 degree weather on Nov 16, and the following week I was in the hospital with a viral infection. Not good if you have a goal of 90 years in mind,
    *First thing is I hope you had a great birth day and your health is great. At 78 you want to watch as many SDSU games as you can & you will. ;-)

It's ok if SDSU doesn't move up to FBS for a while. At least FCS has a TRUE playoff system with more than 1 game after the regular season.

*Its my hope that both the G5 & P5 will go to an 8 team playoff system. The 5 conference winners get an auto bid with 3 open bids. If a G5 team can run a tough schedule and move to the P5 playoffs they should be able to. The rest of the P5 & G5s can go to a bowl game if they earned it.

CHECK YOUR PM!
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 07-24-2019, 07:58 PM.
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Comment

Sounds like Annexstad, one of their potential starters at QB, is out indefinitely with a foot injury. Tanner Morgan will likely be the starter now (some people thought it might be him anyway, but it was definitely an open competition).

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Sounds like Annexstad, one of their potential starters at QB, is out indefinitely with a foot injury. Tanner Morgan will likely be the starter now (some people thought it might be him anyway, but it was definitely an open competition).
        1st String Gopher QB OUT

Annexstad out indefinitely with foot injury
        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
        Aug. 3, 2019

Zack Annexstad Out Indefinitely With Injury
        University of Minnesota head football coach P.J. Fleck announced today that sophomore quarterback Zack Annexstad suffered a foot injury in practice yesterday and will be out indefinitely.

"Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game, and we feel terrible for Zack," Fleck said. "He worked extremely hard in the spring and summer to put himself in position to compete for the starting job, and I know he will recover from this setback to be even stronger. Zack is an elite teammate and person, and I look forward to him being an important part of the team as a leader while he is recovering."
        Annexstad started the first seven games of the 2018 season and played in eight total. He was hampered by injuries during the second part of the year and ended his true freshman season with 97 completions for 1,277 yards and nine touchdowns.

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************

********** #2 QB in Gopher Depth Chart**** DONT GET ME WEONG I DONT WANT TO SE A PLAYER HURT< but I THINK THEM PLAYING THEIR 2nd STRING QB HELPS US BOTH!***

https://gophersports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1104

Tanner Morgan
        Class Redshirt Freshman
        Position QB - 2nd in depth chart
        Ht./Wt. 6-2 / 210

"CAREER: Is 4-2 as a starter • made his first career start on Oct. 26, 2018 against Indiana where he threw for 302 yards (fourth most ever by a freshman since 1980 and most for a freshman making his first career start) and three touchdowns • in 2018, led Minnesota to its first road win at Wisconsin since 1994 and to a bowl victory against Georgia Tech (first time ever Minnesota has won the final game of the regular season and a bowl game).

2018 • FRESHMAN SEASON: Played in nine games and started the final six of the season • completed 89-of-152 passes for 1,401 yards (second most ever for a Gopher freshman) and nine touchdowns (tied for third most all-time for a Minnesota freshman with Zack Annexstad) • completed 58.5% of his passes, which was the eighth best single-season completion percentage in school history • Academic All-Big Ten. Game-by-Game: Made his Minnesota and collegiate debut against New Mexico State and was 1-of-1 for seven yards • saw action as a reserve against Miami and lone completion went for 28 yards • replaced an injured Zack Annexstad to start the second half at Nebraska and completed 11-of-16 passes for 214 yards • also rushed four times for 35 yards and a touchdown against the Cornhuskers • made his first career start against Indiana and completed 17-of-24 passes for 302 yards and three touchdowns • completed a 67-yard touchdown pass to Rashod Bateman with 1:34 left in the game to lift Minnesota to a 38-31 win against the Hoosiers • completed 14-of-27 passes for 258 yards and two touchdowns at Illinois • connected on an 86-yard touchdown with Rashod Bateman at Illinois, which was Minnesota’s longest passing play since Asad Abdul-Khaliq threw a school-record 96-yard touchdown to Jared Ellerson at Northwestern on Oct. 4, 2003 • threw for 139 yards and one touchdown on 10 completions against Purdue • completed 19-of-32 passes for 197 yards and one touchdown against Northwestern • connected on 9-of-16 passes for 124 yards and rushed three times for 12 yards in a win at Wisconsin • completed 7-of-13 passes for 132 yards and two touchdowns against Georgia Tech. "

2017: Redshirted.
        www.gsufans.com

Comment

Our first betting line of the year is out. The Jacks open as a 12.5 point underdog vs the Gophers. The over/under is set at 56.5. According to 5dimes

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
            Our first betting line of the year is out. The Jacks open as a 12.5 point underdog vs the Gophers. The over/under is set at 56.5. According to 5dimes
            Wow. That's much smaller than I thought it would be. I was thinking around 17 with a new QB and both coordinators. I wonder how much the news of Annexstad being out affected this.

Comment

Wow. That's much smaller than I thought it would be. I was thinking around 17 with a new QB and both coordinators. I wonder how much the news of Annexstad being out affected this.

I was pretty surprised as well, especially with the Jacks most likely starting a QB with zero game reps, and seeing media reports that Minnesota will be a top 2 team in the Big Ten West this year. I was discussing with some friends what the opening line would be and we all thought somewhere around 16.5 to 18 points.

Comment

Are you talking about after the Gophers first string QB wint down?

What are GSUs chances?
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by GSUsTALON View Post
                  Are you talking about after the Gophers first string QB wint down?

What are GSUs chances?
                  Yes, the line opened up this morning

Comment

Yes, the line opened up this morning
                    Whats the line on GSU?
                    www.gsufans.com

Comment

What are GSUs chances?
                      Slim to none.

Comment

Whats the line on GSU?
                        It's not out yet, only Week 1 matchups are available right now. Won't know until Monday or Tuesday before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Slim to none.
                          Dont see how, but what I mean is the line.
                          www.gsufans.com

Comment

Dont see how, but what I mean is the line.
                            Sorry friend, but I'm not seeing either GSU or SDSU losing badly or not have a chance at winning!
                            www.gsufans.com

Comment

It's not out yet, only Week 1 matchups are available right now. Won't know until Monday or Tuesday before the game.
                              You're right and it shouldn't be. After SDSU beats them or comes within 3 points, it will aid GSU!
                              www.gsufans.com

Comment

THANKS!
                                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Working...
                                X