Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks @ Gophers

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Correct. Sorry, I just don't have a whole lot of respect for the Sun Belt conference. They're pretty much FCS. They would have about as much of a share of the top 25 in FCS as MVFC usually does.
    AND FOR YOU TOO HAREDOG

Thats OK a lot of other conferences don't either as in all conferences you have the top, middle and low level teams just as in any conference.
    I think that GSU moved from the spread Triple Option to the Shotgun Triple. GSU changed over to the Pistol Option when he became Head Coach from around 2014 -15 and did very well in our first 2 years a an FBS team.

You don't need to look at the Florida game, our last game in FCS, but take a few min. to look at the GT, NC and UGA game clips. GSUs first 2 years in FBS.

Our last year in FCS under HC Monken vs U or Florida using the Spread Triple Option 8min video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylndMpwBg5k

**GSU vs Georgia Tech last 3min under new HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
    GSU vs GT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCcYrPSNWA

**North Carolina last 3min under HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chaDvK8XM1E

**2nd year running the Pistol Option under HC Fritz
    UGA overtime 6min video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jng0ZOPUeHY

AFTER FRITZ LEFT AFTER HIS 2nd YEAR GSU WINT THROUGH 3 HEAD COACES from 2016 & 17.

Last year Southern went 9-3 and a bowl win = 10-3. "IF" GSU has improved to = Fritz's Pistol Option Attack an Southern may be a closer to the gophers then you think.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 07-16-2019, 03:23 PM.
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I think he means that if they were FCS, they would not be in the top 2%, the Bison would own them, and the Jacks too. Who knows!
      Now there you go Nidaros. You take a pro SDSU thread from a GSU fan that both play the gophers and turn it against me. You reminds me of SOME on the NDSU board!

The only thing you need to worry about, Nidaros, is NDSU owning you personally. I believe NDSU & GSU have a chance at the Gophers. If that's a put down to you, then bit a NDSU bull!
      www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by GSUsTALON View Post
        Now there you go Nidaros. You take a pro SDSU thread from a GSU fan that both play the gophers and turn it against me. You reminds me of SOME on the NDSU board!

The only thing you need to worry about, Nidaros, is NDSU owning you personally. I believe NDSU & GSU have a chance at the Gophers. If that's a put down to you, then bit a NDSU bull!
        Oy Vey.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
          Except Georgia Southern is FBS not FCS.
          That would be correct. GSU went to FBS and a G5 conference in our last year of FCS beating Florida.
          www.gsufans.com

Comment

Correct. Sorry, I just don't have a whole lot of respect for the Sun Belt conference. They're pretty much FCS. They would have about as much of a share of the top 25 in FCS as MVFC usually does.
            You may not have a lot of respect for the Sun Belt or any other G5 conference, but I have a lot of respect for NDSU, SDSU and the proven top 10 FCS teams. There are a lot of P5 conferences that dont have ANY respect for G5 teams, even if they are FBS & VERY, very little respect for FCS teams. The difference is that NDSU and SDSU are no average FCS team.
            Last edited by GSUsTALON; 07-16-2019, 03:53 PM.
            www.gsufans.com

Comment

I

Why are you jumping on me? I only tried to interpret what Cappinhard was saying. I haven’t followed GSU for years so have no idea they faired, and really do not care. I think it shows the big move to FBS is a steep hill to climb. It’s not all milk and honey.i don’t think it is a goal at SDSU. So other than playing Minnesota, what else do we have in common and worthy of discussion?

Comment

IWhy are you jumping on me? I only tried to interpret what Cappinhard was saying. I haven’t followed GSU for years so have no idea they faired, and really do not care. I think it shows the big move to FBS is a steep hill to climb. It’s not all milk and honey.i don’t think it is a goal at SDSU.
                Nidaros,

I really must have misinterpreted your post badly! My apologies.

TALON
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Nidaros,

I really must have misinterpreted your post badly! My apologies.

TALON
                  Apologies accepted

Comment

So how many points will you beat the Gophers by?
                    www.gsufans.com

Comment

I haven't seen any South Dakota fans on the Gopher Hole yet.

They fear SDSU and GSU. As you know they think that both our teams are sacrifices and sure wins to start their season

I think SDSU & GSU have a good chance at them.

TALON

www.gsufans.com
                      www.gsufans.com

Comment

So how many points will you beat the Gophers by?
                        They'll probably win by 17 if I had to guess.

Comment

They'll probably win by 17 if I had to guess.
                          You mean SDSU or GSU? Let us both have a positive attitude and wait until after the game!
                          www.gsufans.com

Comment

You mean SDSU or GSU? Let us both have a positive attitude and wait until after the game!
                            Okay I can accept that. How will GSU finish in The Sun Belt Conference? I see they have one more money game with LSU. That is in addition to Minnesota. So possibly one million bucks will enter the Statesboro cash register even before a ticket is sold! Interesting schedule and a tough one. And extensive research on eagles goes on at GSU? Sounds like something a cow college like SDSU would do.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 07-24-2019, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Just looking at the GSU schedule, they have a tough one and I dont see SDSU moving up to FBS in my life time. I just turned 78 on Monday and might be hanging around for maybe 12 more years and it is not very likely to happen in that period of time. We got a ways to grow in FCS before that thought has a bearing in the movers and shakers minds. Its different south of the Mason-Dixon line. You have ape-sh*t crazy football fans that we dont have in Dakota. By November 1 high schools are in playoffs and fans up here are thinking basketball. SDSU doesn't hava a FargoDome either and maybe we should have built one. At any rate, I dont expect to be taking in games in November this year. Last year I sat outside in the cold and watched the USD-SDSU game in 19 degree weather on Nov 16, and the following week I was in the hospital with a viral infection. Not good if you have a goal of 90 years in mind,

Comment

Okay I can accept that. How will GSU finish in The Sun Belt Conference? I see they have one more money game with LSU. That is in addition to Minnesota. So possibly one million bucks will enter the Statesboro cash register even before a ticket is sold! Interesting schedule and a tough one. And extensive research on eagles goes on at GSU? Sounds like something a cow college like SDSU would do.

A lot of the media predicts a total of a 7-5 season for GSU. That is after a 2018 come back year of 10-3 and a low level bowl win over a MAC team. we went through 3 head coaches in 2017 and had the worst year in in GSU history.

Many say our team had a bunch of over achieving players. I'll take that in a comeback year. Our new head coach has them believing in themselves and for a coach and team that is more than half the battle.

Our HC said that we used a simplified offensive playbook last year. After spring practice the HC said the offense would be much more advanced over last year. I think our defense is sound & if they have also improved we should be in good shape. IMO much better than the media experts 7-5 season they are predicting. I think we have a chance at a 9-3 or 10-2 regular season. Of the 2 P5 teams I think we have a chance at the Gophers.

TALON
                                www.gsufans.com
                                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Working...
                                X