Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 164

Thread: Jacks @ Gophers

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Right, but a mid level Big 10 team is still better than approx. 98% of FCS. If GSU is in the top 2% of FCS, I would be surprised.
    Except Georgia Southern is FBS not FCS.


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,927

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Except Georgia Southern is FBS not FCS.
    I think he means that if they were FCS, they would not be in the top 2%, the Bison would own them, and the Jacks too. Who knows!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dell Rapids, SD
    Posts
    3,078

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    I think he means that if they were FCS, they would not be in the top 2%, the Bison would own them, and the Jacks too. Who knows!
    Correct. Sorry, I just don't have a whole lot of respect for the Sun Belt conference. They're pretty much FCS. They would have about as much of a share of the top 25 in FCS as MVFC usually does.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Simons Is. Ga.
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Right, but a mid level Big 10 team is still better than approx. 98% of FCS. If GSU is in the top 2% of FCS, I would be surprised.
    Luckily I put NDSU & SDSU in the top 2% of FCS football! ;-)

    HareoftheDOG , Predicting is not you game. Now run along and milk a male bison!
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    11,716

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Luckily I put NDSU & SDSU in the top 2% of FCS football! ;-)

    HareoftheDOG , Predicting is not you game. Now run along and milk a male bison!
    Not a smack thread.

    (But, chuckle.)
    "I think we'll be OK"

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Simons Is. Ga.
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Correct. Sorry, I just don't have a whole lot of respect for the Sun Belt conference. They're pretty much FCS. They would have about as much of a share of the top 25 in FCS as MVFC usually does.
    AND FOR YOU TOO HAREDOG

    Thats OK a lot of other conferences don't either as in all conferences you have the top, middle and low level teams just as in any conference.
    I think that GSU moved from the spread Triple Option to the Shotgun Triple. GSU changed over to the Pistol Option when he became Head Coach from around 2014 -15 and did very well in our first 2 years a an FBS team.

    You don't need to look at the Florida game, our last game in FCS, but take a few min. to look at the GT, NC and UGA game clips. GSUs first 2 years in FBS.

    Our last year in FCS under HC Monken vs U or Florida using the Spread Triple Option 8min video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylndMpwBg5k

    **GSU vs Georgia Tech last 3min under new HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
    GSU vs GT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCcYrPSNWA

    **North Carolina last 3min under HC Fritz using the Pistol Option
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chaDvK8XM1E


    **2nd year running the Pistol Option under HC Fritz
    UGA overtime 6min video

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jng0ZOPUeHY

    AFTER FRITZ LEFT AFTER HIS 2nd YEAR GSU WINT THROUGH 3 HEAD COACES from 2016 & 17.

    Last year Southern went 9-3 and a bowl win = 10-3. "IF" GSU has improved to = Fritz's Pistol Option Attack an Southern may be a closer to the gophers then you think.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 07-16-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Simons Is. Ga.
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    I think he means that if they were FCS, they would not be in the top 2%, the Bison would own them, and the Jacks too. Who knows!
    Now there you go Nidaros. You take a pro SDSU thread from a GSU fan that both play the gophers and turn it against me. You reminds me of SOME on the NDSU board!

    The only thing you need to worry about, Nidaros, is NDSU owning you personally. I believe NDSU & GSU have a chance at the Gophers. If that's a put down to you, then bit a NDSU bull!
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    4,741

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Now there you go Nidaros. You take a pro SDSU thread from a GSU fan that both play the gophers and turn it against me. You reminds me of SOME on the NDSU board!

    The only thing you need to worry about, Nidaros, is NDSU owning you personally. I believe NDSU & GSU have a chance at the Gophers. If that's a put down to you, then bit a NDSU bull!
    Oy Vey.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Simons Is. Ga.
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Except Georgia Southern is FBS not FCS.
    That would be correct. GSU went to FBS and a G5 conference in our last year of FCS beating Florida.
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Simons Is. Ga.
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Jacks @ Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Correct. Sorry, I just don't have a whole lot of respect for the Sun Belt conference. They're pretty much FCS. They would have about as much of a share of the top 25 in FCS as MVFC usually does.
    You may not have a lot of respect for the Sun Belt or any other G5 conference, but I have a lot of respect for NDSU, SDSU and the proven top 10 FCS teams. There are a lot of P5 conferences that dont have ANY respect for G5 teams, even if they are FBS & VERY, very little respect for FCS teams. The difference is that NDSU and SDSU are no average FCS team.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 07-16-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •