• Show
Clear All

• Re: Jacks @ Gophers

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    1) Swing passes - 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      I'm bored, so here's a few over/unders to speculate on while we wait for tomorrow night:
      If you're really bored, listen to me and another yahoo talk about:

2:00 Jacks depth chart
      7:50 Jacks potential breakout players
      9:45 Jacks/Gophers game preview
      23:35 MVFC game previews
      37:10 top FCS game previews
      43:30 Picks for MVFC games and top FCS games
      53:15 Jacks/Gophers game pick and prediction

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...atchups-e54ld1

As for your over/unders...

1) Swing passes - 4.5 UNDER (so help me...)
      2) Jackrabbit Sacks - 2.5 OVER
      3) Field goals made - 2.5 UNDER
      4) Jackrabbit rushing yards - 210.5 OVER
      5) Designed runs by Gibbs - 3.5 UNDER (assuming options don't count)
      6) Sober Bison fans on Saturday night - 2.5 UNDER (lock of the century)

Comment

Swing passes and Gibbs designed (that’s only 1 per quarter) runs will be overs, the rest definitely under. Whoever thinks Gibbs won’t be overwhelmed in the game hasn’t played football, it’s not high school anymore. Fans won’t be a home field factor just like every game in Brookings. Take the money and stay healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
          Swing passes and Gibbs designed (that’s only 1 per quarter) runs will be overs, the rest definitely under. Whoever thinks Gibbs won’t be overwhelmed in the game hasn’t played football, it’s not high school anymore. Fans won’t be a home field factor just like every game in Brookings. Take the money and stay healthy!
          Our home record since moving into the new stadium is like 20-2. I would say the home field factor is an influence and our fans are apart of that.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong thread to post this. I saw Gophers and Jacks in the title, so I went for it.

Welcome to TCF Bank Stadium Jack Rabbit fans! This should be a fun game. First of the year. Two young QB's and my Gophers have no film on your OC or "new"(redshirt) QB. For those that haven't been to TCF before, it is a nice intimate stadium (seats 50K). You can buy beer/ alcohol in the stadium. Allow some time to get through security. First game and night game will most likely equal long lines.

BTW I would have posted sooner, but it took a little while for me to be approved to post on this board.

Again, welcome to TCF, and cheers!

Comment

Jacks Alum and lifelong Gopher fan chiming in with some Gophers insight. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of great news to share. This is probably the best Minnesota roster in the past 20+ years and they are going to put up a lot of points on teams. Typically, there’s going to be a lot of unknowns with most teams this time of year. What’s interesting with Minnesota is they return the 11th most production of any team in FBS. If they come out rusty and the Jacks are clicking early this could be a dogfight. Although I love the kool aid drinking on the podcast, the stadium is going to be pretty full and I just don’t see a great chance for the Jacks in this one. Tanner Morgan is no slouch either. In the 6 games he played finishing 4-2, he was the 3rd highest rated passer in the B1G. If there was one game I’d be ok with the Gophers losing, this would be it. There are just too many offensive weapons. Unfortunately I see a 2-3 score game and a Minnesota cover.

Comment

Originally posted by hotcornerJack2000 View Post
                Jacks Alum and lifelong Gopher fan chiming in with some Gophers insight. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of great news to share. This is probably the best Minnesota roster in the past 20+ years and they are going to put up a lot of points on teams. Typically, there’s going to be a lot of unknowns with most teams this time of year. What’s interesting with Minnesota is they return the 11th most production of any team in FBS. If they come out rusty and the Jacks are clicking early this could be a dogfight. Although I love the kool aid drinking on the podcast, the stadium is going to be pretty full and I just don’t see a great chance for the Jacks in this one. Tanner Morgan is no slouch either. In the 6 games he played finishing 4-2, he was the 3rd highest rated passer in the B1G. If there was one game I’d be ok with the Gophers losing, this would be it. There are just too many offensive weapons. Unfortunately I see a 2-3 score game and a Minnesota cover.
                I think this is pretty much spot on. The Jacks have question marks at QB and CB. That isn't ideal when you open the season on the road vs a Big 10 team. As said earlier...take the money and get back to Brookings healthy.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

As long as we're saying hi, I'm another Gophers fan who just got approved to post on this board.

I've seen a lot of crazy Gopher games - wins where we should have lost, losses that we should have won. I was at the 59-56 win over Purdue in 1993. I've seen the Gophers beat Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State, and I've seen them lose to NDSU and Pacific.

Based on all our big-school advantages, we ought to win this game handily, but I know that schools like SDSU and NDSU always come prepared and bring their A game, so I'm a little nervous. Good luck, God bless, and don't worry about the check. We get Big Ten TV money, so it won't bounce.

Comment

I wish this was the Jacks second game of the season instead of the first. But I expect SDSU to hang close. With a break or two and no Nebraska-like officiating (two TD call-backs), the Jacks could pull off the upset. I'm excited to see what Gibbs can do.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      I wish this was the Jacks second game of the season instead of the first. But I expect SDSU to hang close. With a break or two and no Nebraska-like officiating (two TD call-backs), the Jacks could pull off the upset. I'm excited to see what Gibbs can do.
                      Last year with TC it would be great to take on a big 10 or big 12 school. With a freshman it would be nice to have just good FCS schools for him to compete against and not first start at a big 10 team.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Well I guess it goes both ways but personally I would rather play them on game 1 before they maybe get somethings fine tuned.

Comment

Anybody else notice Cade not taking a nee on KR from KO I think if the ref doesn't catch the ball it's live? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            Anybody else notice Cade not taking a nee on KR from KO I think if the ref doesn't catch the ball it's live? Thoughts?
                            He fair caught it.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              He fair caught it.
                              Thank You! I didn't see that.

Comment

Working...
                              X