Jacks @ Gophers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks @ Gophers

I hope we come out and move the ball on the ground for a couple first downs and get Gibbs comfortable with some short easy completions. Give him a carry to get popped and get into the game. Hopefully the d line is as improved as they sound like they are to force them to pass. Do that and we should be able to hang.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      I hope we come out and move the ball on the ground for a couple first downs and get Gibbs comfortable with some short easy completions. Give him a carry to get popped and get into the game. Hopefully the d line is as improved as they sound like they are to force them to pass. Do that and we should be able to hang.
      Sounds good.
      Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
      www.gsufans.com

Comment

Agreed. Minnesota sounds like a run first team, especially with their QB situation, and I think that plays into our potential defensive strengths pretty well. If you can slow the game down on O and on D, I think this team can settle in and make it a fight. And that'll be huge for Gibbs going into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          Agreed. Minnesota sounds like a run first team, especially with their QB situation, and I think that plays into our potential defensive strengths pretty well. If you can slow the game down on O and on D, I think this team can settle in and make it a fight. And that'll be huge for Gibbs going into the future.
          They might be run first, but watch out for their top receiver Tyler Johnson. He's really good. Ranked in the top 10 of all FBS receivers in this article: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...a0wrcuu2pye/17 Rashod Bateman will make some noise in the Big 10 this year as well. Pair those 2 with Rodney Smith at RB, and they have something going on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            They might be run first, but watch out for their top receiver Tyler Johnson. He's really good. Ranked in the top 10 of all FBS receivers in this article: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...a0wrcuu2pye/17 Rashod Bateman will make some noise in the Big 10 this year as well. Pair those 2 with Rodney Smith at RB, and they have something going on offense.
            Let’s be honest, most every P5 school is going to have some legit weapons that can burn ya. If this game is close late in the 3rd or we even have a lead, it will be interesting to see how both qbs handle the pressure. You know their new qb will start to feel it late vs a team you know they think they should walk over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
              I agree. I think the Gophers had 280 yards rushing & 180 passing in 2018 and went 6-6 in the regular season. Their defense did get better mid season when they hired a new DC.

A lot of sports writers say the Gophers offensive line is the key for the games they will play in 2019. They are talented and BIG.

I'm sure the Jacks DC and staff know this and hope they have a plan. How deep is the Jacks defensive line? Can you put 1 or 2 fresh players in when needed?
              www.gsufans.com

Comment

You are right about the Gophers receivers on both sides of their line. You may know this, but GSU now runs a 3-4 defense. I can see GSU using a 5 cent back a lot. I here they like to use drag plays across the middle quite often. Even with a 5 cent back we should still be able to run stunts. GSU has 2 very good defensive wide outs that should be able to take on the Gophers wide receivers one on one

I'm tired of P5 fans degrading FCS and G5 teams saying we dont have a chance.

Get after the Gophers, Jacks

TALON.
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

It appears a gopher fan has visited this thread and placed it on the Gopher Hole Board. Taking some heat for it but GSC/GSU was in FCS for a long time.

Weather the Jacks win or lose I want to see the Gophers first 2 games.

Both the Gophers offensive and defensive lines are good. I want to see how the first 2 teams that play the gophers hold up!
                  www.gsufans.com

Comment

Let’s be honest, most every P5 school is going to have some legit weapons that can burn ya. If this game is close late in the 3rd or we even have a lead, it will be interesting to see how both qbs handle the pressure. You know their new qb will start to feel it late vs a team you know they think they should walk over.

Tanner Morgan isn't exactly a "new" QB. It's his third year in the program, and went 4-2 starting the final six games last season including a road win at Wisconsin and their bowl game win against Georgia Tech. Not great teams, but he still performed well in pressure situations.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Tanner Morgan isn't exactly a "new" QB. It's his third year in the program, and went 4-2 starting the final six games last season including a road win at Wisconsin and their bowl game win against Georgia Tech. Not great teams, but he still performed well in pressure situations.
                      Ah, I thought he was the guy that got hurt. Welp.

Comment

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this to wear to the game next week... thoughts?

Got the idea from someone on AGS saying "Sink the boat" and looking at this t shirt:

Comment

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this to wear to the game next week... thoughts?

Got the idea from someone on AGS saying "Sink the boat" and looking at this t shirt:

Yes, yes, and yes.

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Comment

I love the "Sink The Boat" shirt! I want one!
                              This space for lease.

Comment

After we win I would love to have a "Sunk The Boat" shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X