Jacks @ Gophers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jacks @ Gophers

No one mentioning that Mikey is listed at FB or is that not a big deal? Any insight Westside?

Comment

Yeah, that was a surprise too. He's a RB and unless Sellers got hurt (don't think this is the case) he'll be the starting fullback.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Yeah, that was a surprise too. He's a RB and unless Sellers got hurt (don't think this is the case) he'll be the starting fullback.
        My guess it's more away to say he is a starter as a senior and not just short distance back.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Can anyone that follows the recruiting closer than I do shed any light on any Gophers we lost out on? Did we recruit some of these guys and they went B1G instead? I counted two SD' natives, one NW IA guy, numerous Minnesotans & Wisconsinites.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            If this comes to pass, it seems to be a bit of a philosphical change from a one blocking, one ball-carrying back system to more of a two-back set where they both get carries.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              No one mentioning that Mikey is listed at FB or is that not a big deal? Any insight Westside?
              My guess is so both Mikey and CJ can be listed on the 2 deep. They'll both be playing plenty (probably more than whoever fullback #2 is), so it is likely just a nice gesture.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                My guess is so both Mikey and CJ can be listed on the 2 deep. They'll both be playing plenty (probably more than whoever fullback #2 is), so it is likely just a nice gesture.
                Alternative Hypothesis:

Listing Mikey as a fullback allows him a chance at postseason awards like All-Conference and All-American, as he'll likely have a lot of TDs, but not a ton of yards.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Can anyone that follows the recruiting closer than I do shed any light on any Gophers we lost out on? Did we recruit some of these guys and they went B1G instead? I counted two SD' natives, one NW IA guy, numerous Minnesotans & Wisconsinites.
                  K Brock Walker was a one time Jackrabbit commit. They have a couple TE's that were recruited real hard by the Dakota schools as well.

Comment

Just looking at some of the past recruiting threads...

all these players at one point had an SDSU offer.

2019: (4)

WR Peter Udoibok, DT Latrell Bible, OT Tyler Cooper, S Caden Fey

2018: (7)

WR Josh Aune, TE Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE/LB Maxwell Janes, OT Grant Norton, DE/C Nathan Boe, CB Tyrik Henderson, K Brock Walker (SDSU decommit)

2017: (4)

RB Dominik London, WR Harry Van Dyne, TE Nathan Bursch, DE Boye Mafe

2016: (4)

WR Drew Hmielewski, OT Sam Schlueter, TE Ko Kieft, WR Phillip Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Alternative Hypothesis:

Listing Mikey as a fullback allows him a chance at postseason awards like All-Conference and All-American, as he'll likely have a lot of TDs, but not a ton of yards.
                      Not only postseason awards, but he might also be better suited as far as an NFL draft prospect listed as a FB.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Not only postseason awards, but he might also be better suited as far as an NFL draft prospect listed as a FB.
                        Good point like Augies former RB CJ Ham who is on the Vikings roster.
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I was wrong about no students. Freshmen moved in yesterday and today. It will be loud for the first few possessions.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Thankfully we get to utilize Big10 travel roster size, which I believe was expanded to 74 a year or 2 ago. Given our talent and depth now versus just a couple years ago we should be more competitive. The depth is what has seemed to bite us in most of the FBS, the non blowout ones at least.

Comment

I'm bored, so here's a few over/unders to speculate on while we wait for tomorrow night:

1) Swing passes - 4.5
                              2) Jackrabbit Sacks - 2.5
                              3) Field goals made - 2.5
                              4) Jackrabbit rushing yards - 210.5
                              5) Designed runs by Gibbs - 3.5
                              6) Sober Bison fans on Saturday night - 2.5

Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

3) Field goals made - 2.5
                                If this one is over we will lose tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X