Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks @ Gophers

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
    After we win I would love to have a "Sunk The Boat" shirt.
    That would be the best scenario. And it would be a shirt that's good for the rest of the season. I'll be looking for a shirt like that after the upset.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      That would be the best scenario. And it would be a shirt that's good for the rest of the season. I'll be looking for a shirt like that after the upset.
      I can make this happen. Hopefully we can sport those at the first three home games.

Comment

FROM THE GOPHER HOLE

Originally Posted by #2Gopher
        No way I'm checking. Wonder how many boards GSUsTALON is on anyway? Also wonder what his life would be like if he didn't have these boards to go to.

TALON - Right now I'm on the LSU, Gopher Hole and visit the SDSU from time to time

Originally Posted by everybody knows my name
        Consider me bemused rather than offended. But it was a shock to find him over there commiserating and giving pep talks to Jackrabbit fans.

TALON-Yes and I have posted on the Jacks and NDSUs board going many years back to GSUs FCS days. You can go back and see when I joined both boards. I want to see how SDSU does against the Gophers offense and defense.

Originally Posted by mggoph
        Ha! He's predicting both GSU and SDSU victories over us.

TALON- I'm predicting that GSU can beat the Gophers by 3 points. As far as SDSU goes they could have a chance if the Gophers treat them lightly. ( MAYBE PROBABLE but possible.) I also told them that they have to defeat your offensive and defensive lines which are said to be at the top of the country! It will be up to the SDSU coaches to come up with a plan and SDSUs players to execute that plan

**I will be watching both of the first 2 Gopher games . I really want to see what the Gophers defense and offense can do! I'd like to see how your opponents coaching staffs attacks a superior Gopher offense and defense!
        Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
        www.gsufans.com

Comment

Here is my preview of the Gophers. Lots of returning experience. It will be a tough game to win but I don't think its impossible and if there defensive line isn't better we have a chance. Carter Coughlin is a stud though (wherever he lines up) and will be someone to watch. If Winfield is back to full health he makes their secondary really good. I'm worried that there offensive line is just going to wear us down on defense and they will beat us over the top on passes as we bring more guys into the box to stop the run.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...minnesota.html
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            I'm worried that there offensive line is just going to wear us down on defense and they will beat us over the top on passes as we bring more guys into the box to stop the run.

Comment

In looking back at all of our FBS opponents, here's where I would rank them:

1) Mizzou 2014
              2) 2010 Nebraska
              3) 2013 Nebraska
              4) 2016 TCU
              5) 2019 Minnesota
              6) 2009 Minnesota
              7) 2011 Illinois
              8) 2008 ISU
              9) 2012 KU
              10) 2015 KU

If you'll recall, our most lopsided losses came to the teams towards the bottom of that list. My point is that we've played better FBS teams than the '19 Gophers, and we've played very well again't those better teams with what is likely a less talented overall roster than the '19 Jacks. It's really about matchups. I'm not predicting a victory, but I'll be a little surprised if this one looks more like the ISU/Illinois games than it does the Mizzou/Nebraska games.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Here is my preview of the Gophers. Lots of returning experience. It will be a tough game to win but I don't think its impossible and if there defensive line isn't better we have a chance. Carter Coughlin is a stud though (wherever he lines up) and will be someone to watch. If Winfield is back to full health he makes their secondary really good. I'm worried that there offensive line is just going to wear us down on defense and they will beat us over the top on passes as we bring more guys into the box to stop the run.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...minnesota.html
                The Big Ten network had a replay of Minnesota’s bowl game last year. I recorded it and watched it last night. That #78 is huge. He was out of position on most plays. He either missed the block, didn’t block anyone, or had his arms wrapped around the D lineman’s shoulder pads. I don’t know how he didn’t get called for holding on 50% of the plays in that game. I suspect he’s had a year to get better and work on his technique, but I was less than impressed with his performance in the bowl game.

Comment

I'd like to see a game similar to the Nebraska game in front of a huge Nebraska following, we had a few years back. We had our chances in that game to win it, although we didn't . The point is, they were supposed to crush us and instead were lucky enough to walk off the field with the win. That game had to be a shocker to Neb and their fans, and gave us great pride in our guys and how hard, and well, they played. Good luck to our guys against the Gophers, getting all amped- up for the game as the time is drawing close, I'm grateful we get these opportunities to showcase our great athletes to the Nation, they work so hard and deserve it, our coaching staff will have then ready....so just do it,Go Jacks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I'd like to see a game similar to the Nebraska game in front of a huge Nebraska following, we had a few years back. We had our chances in that game to win it, although we didn't . The point is, they were supposed to crush us and instead were lucky enough to walk off the field with the win. That game had to be a shocker to Neb and their fans, and gave us great pride in our guys and how hard, and well, they played. Good luck to our guys against the Gophers, getting all amped- up for the game as the time is drawing close, I'm grateful we get these opportunities to showcase our great athletes to the Nation, they work so hard and deserve it, our coaching staff will have then ready....so just do it,Go Jacks !!!
                    Depending on what Nebraska game your talking about we did win. I was there we were jobbed, and nothing will ever convince me otherwise. Hell, Pellini's response was proof the jacks beat him.

Comment

• Re: Jacks @ Gophers

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Depending on what Nebraska game your talking about we did win. I was there we were jobbed, and nothing will ever convince me otherwise. Hell, Pellini's response was proof the jacks beat him.
                      Agree

Comment

Also agree: of all the P5 screw jobs we’ve witnessed this one was right up there with “getting MULKEY’d” in the women’s NCAA tournament. Nothing will beat that one though....I hope.
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

The game zenner had a touchdown on fourth down and was over the goal line and the announcers on tv said it was a touchdown. Then they were like oh wait I guess it didnt get in. Wasnt the other a pick 6 and a mysterious chop block 60 yards away. Or am I combing the 2 games?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            The game zenner had a touchdown on fourth down and was over the goal line and the announcers on tv said it was a touchdown. Then they were like oh wait I guess it didnt get in. Wasnt the other a pick 6 and a mysterious chop block 60 yards away. Or am I combing the 2 games?
                            Kyle Minett. Not Zenner. And yes that was the same game.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              In looking back at all of our FBS opponents, here's where I would rank them:

1) Mizzou 2014
                              2) 2010 Nebraska
                              3) 2013 Nebraska
                              4) 2016 TCU
                              5) 2019 Minnesota
                              6) 2009 Minnesota
                              7) 2011 Illinois
                              8) 2008 ISU
                              9) 2012 KU
                              10) 2015 KU

If you'll recall, our most lopsided losses came to the teams towards the bottom of that list. My point is that we've played better FBS teams than the '19 Gophers, and we've played very well again't those better teams with what is likely a less talented overall roster than the '19 Jacks. It's really about matchups. I'm not predicting a victory, but I'll be a little surprised if this one looks more like the ISU/Illinois games than it does the Mizzou/Nebraska games.
                              I think a lot of the lack of confidence in the Jacks in this game stems from the fact that SD has quite a few folks with at least Goofer sympathies from growing up in or around MN. I don’t think this game is the most daunting FBS team we’ve faced, but you would think it is listening to how people are talking about it.
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                                I think a lot of the lack of confidence in the Jacks in this game stems from the fact that SD has quite a few folks with at least Goofer sympathies from growing up in or around MN. I don’t think this game is the most daunting FBS team we’ve faced, but you would think it is listening to how people are talking about it.
                                That's spot on. As someone who didn't grow up with the gophers, I don't get why anyone sees them as a more difficult task than any other average FBS team we've played this decade. This is a very winnable game if we don't turn the ball over and can come up with some stops.

Comment

Working...
                                X