Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks @ Gophers

This game is on FOX Sports 1, right?

Midco subscribers: will we have to upgrade to the “Sports” package to get FS1 or will it be available on the Fox Sports app without the special subscription?

Comment

• Re: Jacks @ Gophers

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Kyle Minett. Not Zenner. And yes that was the same game.
      Yes that's who meant. Zenner just ran for bunches of yards the second game. Thanks for the correction.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        The game zenner had a touchdown on fourth down and was over the goal line and the announcers on tv said it was a touchdown. Then they were like oh wait I guess it didnt get in. Wasnt the other a pick 6 and a mysterious chop block 60 yards away. Or am I combing the 2 games?
        And it was Derek Domino that ran for the pick-6 which got called back on a complete BS call. Can't remember who the penalty was on.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          And it was Derek Domino that ran for the pick-6 which got called back on a complete BS call. Can't remember who the penalty was on.
          Yep. Domino was one of my favorites. Didnt he do that again the gooders the year we should have beat them too.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            It was a lineman standing up that "tripped" a N player. 15yds away from the ball at the time it occurred.
            Originally posted by goon View Post
            Yep. Domino was one of my favorites. Didnt he do that again the gooders the year we should have beat them too.
            Yes that was him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              It was a lineman standing up that "tripped" a N player. 15yds away from the ball at the time it occurred.
              Yes that was him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              Goofers I meant. Damn autocorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                It was a lineman standing up that "tripped" a N player. 15yds away from the ball at the time it occurred....
                i thought our guy was on his hands and knees and the NE guy fell over him. It was at least 15 yards behind Domino going in for the score. A friend with some reffing experience said it was technically a correct call but said it would normally not be called — odd chance the ref even saw it when the play was going down the field to a TD.

Comment

Reading about the game over on gopherhole is one big, massive eye roll for me. Lots of statements about how their physicallaity will run us off the field, it'll be over by halftime, etc. Typical FBS BS. A win on Thursday would make me very satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                    Reading about the game over on gopherhole is one big, massive eye roll for me. Lots of statements about how their physicallaity will run us off the field, it'll be over by halftime, etc. Typical FBS BS. A win on Thursday would make me very satisfied.
                    They might wear us down and beat us in the 2nd half but they won’t be any more “physical” than us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      That's spot on. As someone who didn't grow up with the gophers, I don't get why anyone sees them as a more difficult task than any other average FBS team we've played this decade. This is a very winnable game if we don't turn the ball over and can come up with some stops.
                      That and Goofer fans are notorious for having a rosy outlook on every season, much like a school to the south of us.

Couple things to me. This game is being treated like we’re playing Bama by our fans for some reason. Minnesota isn’t a bad FBS team but they aren’t top 10 in the country either. Even if they were, if The Citadel could hang with Bama for a half a couple years ago we should be more than capable of hanging with Minnesota.

A big o line doesn’t mean a great or even good o line. They’re going to be big road graders, but if we stand them up at the line there’s going to be a lot of opportunities or the lbs in the run game and our d line should be able to get past them in the pass game. This should be a great test for how good the defensive line really is this year and if we’ll be able to get off the field against MVFC teams.

I don’t see any reason we shouldn’t make a game of this up into the 4th quarter. We’re ranked number 4 in the country, we shouldn’t get blown out by a decent B1G team. Maybe if we were playing Oklahoma like the team to the south or matched up with Clemson or Bama or someone similar, but I can give numerous examples of teams that are not even close to what SDSU is keeping with teams that were much better than this Goofer team. Personally I’ll be disappointed we get waxed in this game.
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        That and Goofer fans are notorious for having a rosy outlook on every season, much like a school to the south of us.

Couple things to me. This game is being treated like we’re playing Bama by our fans for some reason. Minnesota isn’t a bad FBS team but they aren’t top 10 in the country either. Even if they were, if The Citadel could hang with Bama for a half a couple years ago we should be more than capable of hanging with Minnesota.

A big o line doesn’t mean a great or even good o line. They’re going to be big road graders, but if we stand them up at the line there’s going to be a lot of opportunities or the lbs in the run game and our d line should be able to get past them in the pass game. This should be a great test for how good the defensive line really is this year and if we’ll be able to get off the field against MVFC teams.

I don’t see any reason we shouldn’t make a game of this up into the 4th quarter. We’re ranked number 4 in the country, we shouldn’t get blown out by a decent B1G team. Maybe if we were playing Oklahoma like the team to the south or matched up with Clemson or Bama or someone similar, but I can give numerous examples of teams that are not even close to what SDSU is keeping with teams that were much better than this Goofer team. Personally I’ll be disappointed we get waxed in this game.
                        I second this. My only pause is that it's our QBs first game of his career. Nothing about the Gophers says we shouldn't be competitive with them unless we have a turnover fest. Too many people are drinking the Kool-Aid that Jim Jones... er... PJ Fleck is serving up.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

For me, it's not so much about Minnesota being so good, but it's a lot more about the uncertainty at QB and new coordinators. If we still have TC, I would be very confident going into this one.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            For me, it's not so much about Minnesota being so good, but it's a lot more about the uncertainty at QB and new coordinators. If we still have TC, I would be very confident going into this one.
                            That, along with almost no returning experience in the DB's, with the exception of Manchagiah at safety. In WR Tyler Johnson, the Gophers have a possible first round draft pick who they will want to get the ball to early and often.

Comment

Here's coach PJ Fleck's 8/25/19 press conference focusing on the SDSU game. He responds to a question on the Jacks early in the conference and late in the conference takes a couple more questions about the 'Rabbits. Both teams go into this game without knowing a great deal about the opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZVrvKv6NkY

Comment

For me it is about in-game adjustments, which historically we've been rally good at.

Comment

Working...
                                X