Jacks @ Gophers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks @ Gophers

If the Gophers have good QB play, this will be one of the better Gopher teams in years. Fleck can recruit and it’s year three. This is when new coaches show whether or not they can get it done.

I would have been all over the Gophers the last two years. Not this year unless our QB is a star.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The Gopher game will come down to QB play, and the LOS. Gibbs must play well. LOS will be an issue. Gophers will cover and win by 24. Fleck will have them ready. Big Ten football is physical and it will show in the second half. Good measuring stick for Jacks but don’t see an upset brewing. Grab the cash and come out of the game healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
        The Gopher game will come down to QB play, and the LOS. Gibbs must play well. LOS will be an issue. Gophers will cover and win by 24. Fleck will have them ready. Big Ten football is physical and it will show in the second half. Good measuring stick for Jacks but don’t see an upset brewing. Grab the cash and come out of the game healthy.
        I think this is pretty accurate. I obviously hope for a win, but I'm guessing gophers win by 14-17, could be up to 24-31 if we don't protect the ball. If we had TC back there or even Gibbs in his 2nd year, I would have much more confidence, but it is such a big ask for a QB's first game to step in and beat a quality Big 10 team. The other thing is, I don't think we have the element of surprise anymore after our recent success in the FCS. Some teams get the benefit of catching a team on their heals, but I don't see that happening.

Comment

I'll be disappointed if the Jacks can't keep the final margin within 10 points. A top FCS team, as the Jacks are expected to be, should be able to hang close and maybe beat a good, but not great, FBS team.
          This space for lease.

Comment

I think if our QB takes care of the ball, this shouldn't be more than a two touchdown loss. The gophers aren't world beaters. We've played better FBS teams with worse rosters than this one, and we threatened all of them (and won one). We return our entire front 7 on D, and most of our offense. The only things I can see that might make this game get out of hand are: inexperience in the secondary and the QB turning it over. If Gibbs takes care of the ball and our D steps up, there is no reason this shouldn't be a game deep into the 4th quarter. TCF Bank isn't Lincoln, Mizzou, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I'll be disappointed if the Jacks can't keep the final margin within 10 points. A top FCS team, as the Jacks are expected to be, should be able to hang close and maybe beat a good, but not great, FBS team.
              GOOD MAN!
              Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
              www.gsufans.com

Comment

Exactly 2 weeks from Jackrabbit football. Can't wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  I think if our QB takes care of the ball, this shouldn't be more than a two touchdown loss. The gophers aren't world beaters. We've played better FBS teams with worse rosters than this one, and we threatened all of them (and won one). .
                  A 2 TD LOSS? How about a 3 point win!
                  www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    TRUE!
                    www.gsufans.com

Comment

Wondering if I can get some clarification on the whole "clear bag" rule.

My daughter is diabetic and carries a bag with her at all times. Will she not be allowed to take her diabetic bag into the stadium?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

My daughter is diabetic and carries a bag with her at all times. Will she not be allowed to take her diabetic bag into the stadium?

I mean, My understanding is she will have to use a clear bag that meets the requirements. Not sure of correct though.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Go to the following site and click on prohibited items and the bag policy comes up. In the small print it says bags needed for medical supplies will be allowed but will be checked.

https://gophersports.com/sports/2018...k-stadium.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            Go to the following site and click on prohibited items and the bag policy comes up. In the small print it says bags needed for medical supplies will be allowed but will be checked.

https://gophersports.com/sports/2018...k-stadium.aspx
                            Perfect! Thank you very much! I will follow the link and check for myself but I appreciate it.

Comment

FYI, $10 tickets 24 hour flash sale starting this Thursday at 10 am... https://gophersports.evenue.net/cgi-...cs&RDAT=&RSRC=

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                                If the JSCKs offense and defense are sound then it almost always comes down to the LOS on both sides of the ball and the battle in the trenches.

GSUs offensive line better have gotten much better this year!
                                Last edited by GSUsTALON; 08-20-2019, 07:23 PM.
                                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Working...
                                X