Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q&A w/ Justin Sell

Default Re: Q&A w/ Justin Sell

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_76 View Post
    You skipped the part where he mentioned that incidents actually have gone down at the venues that have started allowing beer from what he’s seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe the beer sales will happen, but in a controlled environment, what that will be I do not know. The reduction of incidents is not a guarantee that incidents can not and will not happen at Dana. We are dealing with mind altering substances.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 07-03-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    I believe the beer sales will happen, but in a controlled environment, what that will be I do not know. The reduction of incidents is not a guarantee that incidents can not and will not happen at Dana. We are dealing with mind altering substances.
    At least one study supports correlation between control/access and fan incidents, some of these (e.g., cutting off sales by 3rd quarter) have been discussed in other threads

Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    At least one study supports correlation between control/access and fan incidents, some of these (e.g., cutting off sales by 3rd quarter) have been discussed in other threads
    This study has a some interesting observations regarding alcohol sales. I suspect Justin Sell has a copy. It was very professionally done. I am certainly going keep a copy for future study. If SDSU decides to sell beer, it will require BOR approval. I would suspect it will be a very controlled plan such as limiting the amount purchased limited to two beers and closing beer sales at end of the third quarter. It mostly likely will not be unlimited purchases. Morally, SDSU has come a distance. According to Howard Kramer, A History of SDSU, the Lutheran Church, opposed public dances on campus. This was sometime in the 1920’s . I don’t have the book handy, but it no doubt was during prohibition so publically alcohol was not discussed, privately it was available.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 07-04-2019 at 07:49 AM.