Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The deadly GOLDEN GOPHER vs SDSU - Ga. Southern Fan

Originally posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Please remember SDSU fans GSU moved to FBS 6 years ago and I haven't really followed anyone in FCS for that time except NDSU. It's my fault that I haven't kept up with the FCS.

The FCS has the BEST way to win a National Championship. FBS has nothing like it.

This year I'm going to follow G5 teams and some FCS teams. I'll start at the FCS level with SDSU & NDSU.

***By the way most NDSU fans dont like me posting on their board. It seems that posters, from other programs, that give them congrats are not excepted.
    Consistent winning by the NDSU team has made some of those fans consistently arrogant as fans. They really are good people. Thanks for coming here, I enjoy your input.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Consistent winning by the NDSU team has made some of those fans consistently arrogant as fans. They really are good people. Thanks for coming here, I enjoy your input.
      I as a Georgia Southern fan in FCS was also arrogant, both on www.gsufans.com Talon Talk Smack Board) and other boards. I never used profanity but did imply things. Yes I still am a trash talker. After every game I went back to the opponents boards. If GSU won I'd tell them good game and I hope your season gos well. If we lost I did the same thing.

After our last loss to NDSU I went back and told them they deserved to win. GSU moved to FBS and joined a G5 conference. I followed NDSU because of their success.

The problem started when I told them that they had wins over p5 , G5 and FCS National Championships & have been at the top of FCS for a long time.

*** (I asked them when they thought they would move up to the FBS? Most of their fans blistered me but gave real answers why. *ONLY ONE OF THEIR FANS EXPLAIND TO ME ABOUT FASILITY UPGRADES, NO G5 conferences had made them an offer to join. From that point on I never brought the move to the FBS again.)

When they make the Playoffs I always go over and give them a congrats. Very few if any respond and most that do always say - You just want to rid on our success. (Pritty Sad) There are about 4 NDSU fans that like me.

Go SDSU & beat the P5 Gophers!

TALON
      www.gsufans.com.
      Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
      www.gsufans.com

Comment

I as a Georgia Southern fan in FCS was also arrogant, both on www.gsufans.com Talon Talk Smack Board) and other boards. I never used profanity but did imply things. Yes I still am a trash talker. After every game I went back to the opponents boards. If GSU won I'd tell them good game and I hope your season gos well. If we lost I did the same thing.

After our last loss to NDSU I went back and told them they deserved to win. GSU moved to FBS and joined a G5 conference. I followed NDSU because of their success.

The problem started when I told them that they had wins over p5 , G5 and FCS National Championships & have been at the top of FCS for a long time.

*** (I asked them when they thought they would move up to the FBS? Most of their fans blistered me but gave real answers why. *ONLY ONE OF THEIR FANS EXPLAIND TO ME ABOUT FASILITY UPGRADES, NO G5 conferences had made them an offer to join. From that point on I never brought the move to the FBS again.)

When they make the Playoffs I always go over and give them a congrats. Very few if any respond and most that do always say - You just want to rid on our success. (Pritty Sad) There are about 4 NDSU fans that like me.

Go SDSU & beat the P5 Gophers!

TALON
        www.gsufans.com.
        as long as you play by the board rules your always welcome here (hell you can become a pseudo jacks fan or even a real one!)

Good luck to you and your guys this season!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          as long as you play by the board rules your always welcome here (hell you can become a pseudo jacks fan or even a real one!)

I also pull for NAVY, Army, Nebraska & even UCF, because my brother graduated from there and he invites me to one game a year when GSU is at an away game.

I'd love to play UCF and USF again. GSU was 10-1 against UCF & 20 against USF while GSU was in 1aa.

Since GSU joined FBS I really only follow the FCS during the playoffs & scores through the season, but I can add the Jacks to NDSU for FCS.

I really want the Jacks to beat the Gophers! The Gophers have SDSU & GSU down as cupcake wins to start their season off.

As I told the Gophers on the Gopher Hole they shouldn't be screwing around with top FCS teams.

Party on Slosho!

TALON
          www.gsufans.com
          www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

By the way there is no reason for me not to follow the board rules. I have nothing against the Jacks!
            www.gsufans.com

Comment

Oh yes, after you beat the Gophers swing by www.gsufans.com and wish us good luck.

The (Talon Talk board) for trash talk and (The Flight Line) for pure sports talk. I will place the Jacks Highlight video on both boards if you win or come close.

Joining is free but it takes about 2 weeks to get on because the Owner of the board started a new job and we are having a huge spam problem.

THANKS
              TALON
              www.gsufans.com

Comment

Thanks JackJD!
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Someone sent me a PM but I lost it. It was about shotguns. Would you please resend it!
                  www.gsufans.com

Comment

Fun fact, my first game attended as an SDSU student was the 44-6 win over Georgia Southern... also, as a Notre Dame fan as well, I'm sorry for your very brief ride on the Brian VanGorder train.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                      Fun fact, my first game attended as an SDSU student was the 44-6 win over Georgia Southern... also, as a Notre Dame fan as well, I'm sorry for your very brief ride on the Brian VanGorder train.
                      Yes, one year of the Van Hemorrhoidal express, to the bottom, was enough for all GSU fan. No GSU fan wants to say his name. GSU has had its share of 1 0r 2 year coaches b
                      with worse records but I know of no GSU fans that liked the guy and said he gave it a good shot - he was run off!

Although it saddens me I must say you deserved the beat down you gave us!
                      www.gsufans.com

Comment

Owner or mods will one of you by PM!

Thanks
                        TALON
                        www.gsufans.com

Comment

Maybe one of these three threads?

GSU/SDSU 2005

Georgia Southern Sept 12th

(yes, the last two are different threads, both from 2009.)

(repeat of post from other thread)
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Maybe one of these three threads?

GSU/SDSU 2005

(yes, the last two are different threads, both from 2009.)

(repeat of post from other thread)
                            Thank you very much filbert. I know that you had to do some digging to find those old posts!!!

The NDSU fan that sent me the PM on some site wanted me to look at a specific post and his reply. Even if I looked up my posts I wouldn't know the SDSU fan that wanted to see his response.

GO SDSU, beat the GOPHERS!
                            www.gsufans.com

Comment

The Gophers say that they have 5 QBs that could beat SDSU and GSU yet they haven't picked a starter yet.

Gopher Fan - "If QBs aren’t elite they just aren’t going to be remembered in glowing terms. As noted Mitch was a warrior and literally carried the team to victory at times (eg Nebraska) but was prone to bad games at times (Wisconsin every year) and he wasn’t the most accurate guy in the world. It’s pretty incredible what he did on a bad foot...and his coaches didn’t always help him out with *plenty*of tough to convert third and longs and maybe a scheme and WR corps that made things tougher than they had to be."
                              Last edited by GSUsTALON; 07-07-2019, 02:54 PM.
                              www.gsufans.com

Comment

The Gophers say that they have 5 QBs that could beat SDSU and GSU yet they haven't picked a starter yet.

Gopher Fan - If QBs aren’t elite they just aren’t going to be remembered in glowing terms. As noted Mitch was a warrior and literally carried the team to victory at times (eg Nebraska) but was prone to bad games at times (Wisconsin every year) and he wasn’t the most accurate guy in the world. It’s pretty incredible what he did on a bad foot...and his coaches didn’t always help him out with *plenty*of tough to convert third and longs and maybe a scheme and WR corps that made things tougher than they had to be...
                                SDSU and GSU could beat the Gophers every year for a decade straight and that would still be the sentiment of some UM fans... but that's true for every program that has a decent sized fan base.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X