The deadly GOLDEN GOPHER vs SDSU - Ga. Southern Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The deadly GOLDEN GOPHER vs SDSU - Ga. Southern Fan

After looking at your spring game, 47-37 is their any concern with your defense?

Even during the Paul Johnson era when GSU was averaging around 460 ground yards a game and around 48+ points a game against opponents I never remember our 1st string defense allowing our 1st string offense that many points. Usually because the offense & defense know the other players and basic game plan it kind of kept the score low.

BY the way I only use to keep up with NDSU during the regular FCS season and playoffs.

** ( I am now adding SDSU for my FCS watchlist! If you don't beat the Gophers then scare the hell out of them!)*

TALON
    www.gsufans.com

BROOKINGS, S.D. — "The Jackrabbit offense rallied for 33 second-half points in the 2019 Spring Game as the blue team pulled off a 47-37 comeback victory over the white squad.
    Playing in front of a full house with modified rules at the Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex, the Jackrabbit defense built a 25-14 lead at half, but the offense found its rhythm in the final period to win the intrasquad scrimmage."

https://www.kdlt.com/2019/04/13/quar...football-game/
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by GSUsTALON View Post
      After looking at your spring game, 47-37 is their any concern with your defense?

Even during the Paul Johnson era when GSU was averaging around 460 ground yards a game and around 48+ points a game against opponents I never remember our 1st string defense allowing our 1st string offense that many points. Usually because the offense & defense know the other players and basic game plan it kind of kept the score low.

BY the way I only use to keep up with NDSU during the regular FCS season and playoffs. I am now adding SDSU for my FCS watchlist! If you don't beat the Gophers then scare the hell out of them!

TALON
      www.gsufans.com

BROOKINGS, S.D. — "The Jackrabbit offense rallied for 33 second-half points in the 2019 Spring Game as the blue team pulled off a 47-37 comeback victory over the white squad.
      Playing in front of a full house with modified rules at the Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex, the Jackrabbit defense built a 25-14 lead at half, but the offense found its rhythm in the final period to win the intrasquad scrimmage."

https://www.kdlt.com/2019/04/13/quar...football-game/
      Meh... spring games are operated differently, we had some guys held out due to injuries or just getting back from injury. Also our spring game is played on our indoor field, which is 80 yds instead of 100. https://www.sdstate.edu/buildings/sa...hletic-complex I wouldn't put too much stock in the spring game score at all. The defense, as long as its mostly healthy, will not be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Meh... spring games are operated differently, we had some guys held out due to injuries or just getting back from injury. Also our spring game is played on our indoor field, which is 80 yds instead of 100. https://www.sdstate.edu/buildings/sa...hletic-complex I wouldn't put too much stock in the spring game score at all. The defense, as long as its mostly healthy, will not be an issue.
        Thanks for the update & info!

TALON
        www.gsufans.com

Comment

Taryn Christion look too be the first pick for your starter

What if I told you there’s a quarterback prospect in the 2019 NFL Draft who owns seven school career passing records, six single-season passing records, has twice been named All-America and All-Conference, and led his team to victory in 75 percent of the games in which he played?

Ok, what if I added that this player was a finalist for the Walter Payton Award for three consecutive years—and, for good measure, he was also a finalist for the Williams V. Campbell Trophy, otherwise known as the academic Heisman?

https://www.flofootball.com/articles...p-into-the-nfl
          www.gsufans.com

Comment

Hmm?

Comment

What if I told you there’s a quarterback prospect in the 2019 NFL Draft who owns seven school career passing records, six single-season passing records, has twice been named All-America and All-Conference, and led his team to victory in 75 percent of the games in which he played?

Ok, what if I added that this player was a finalist for the Walter Payton Award for three consecutive years—and, for good measure, he was also a finalist for the Williams V. Campbell Trophy, otherwise known as the academic Heisman?

https://www.flofootball.com/articles...p-into-the-nfl
              Must be happy hour in Georgia...

Comment

Hmm?
                You would know better than I but he looks like he has the experience.
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

You would know better than I but he looks like he has the experience.
                  if only he had college eligibility left.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                    if only he had college eligibility left.
                    And there I go again. I will have to study your program more!
                    www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      Must be happy hour in Georgia...
                      I would say I had a few already! Just trying to catch up fast on SDSU by reading articles that are out of date - MY BAD!

Give me a little slack & I'll catch up in a week!

Thanks

TALON
                      www.gsufans.com

Comment

Hmm?
                        You should have told me. Still its my fault.
                        www.gsufans.com

Comment

Well... did you really think we were looking at starting a RS Freshman at QB over a player like that... ?

Comment

Well... did you really think we were looking at starting a RS Freshman at QB over a player like that... ?

I'll say it, I was a dope! Unless he was injured.

Like I said, give me a week of research so I can catch up!
                            www.gsufans.com

Comment

Please remember SDSU fans GSU moved to FBS 6 years ago and I haven't really followed anyone in FCS for that time except NDSU. It's my fault that I haven't kept up with the FCS.

The FCS has the BEST way to win a National Championship. FBS has nothing like it.

This year I'm going to follow G5 teams and some FCS teams. I'll start at the FCS level with SDSU & NDSU.

***By the way most NDSU fans dont like me posting on their board. It seems that posters, from other programs, that give them congrats are not excepted.
                              www.gsufans.com

Comment

It looks like SCSU has been very consistent since 2012

From 2012 - 2018 being in the playoffs for all those years.

From 9-4 to 11-3 making the Semi Finals twice.

Congrats

TALON
                                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Working...
                                X