The deadly GOLDEN GOPHER vs SDSU - Ga. Southern Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The deadly GOLDEN GOPHER vs SDSU - Ga. Southern Fan

I know that both SDSU and Georgia Southern play the Gophers this year. I have read 2 Rabbit fans post while over on the Gopher Hole.

I have read that you may have a dual threat QB starting for SDSU this year. Is this true?

I will be interested to see his running abilities against the Gophers. If your close or win with that QB I think GSU will be watching that tape.

As you probably have guessed SDSU has a slim chance of winning against the P5 Gophers - so say the posters on the Gopher Hole Board.

I warned them when the playing a top 6 FCS team that are bringing back a lot of players there is a big risk involved.

They have already marked SDSU and Georgia Southern down as 2 wins in their first 3 OOC games. I think GSU can take them.

Do you SDSU fans have a good feeling about the matchup?
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Re: The deadly GOLDEN GOPHER vs SDSU - Ga. Southern Fan

Originally posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    I know that both SDSU and Georgia Southern play the Gophers this year. I have read 2 Rabbit fans post while over on the Gopher Hole.

I have read that you may have a dual threat QB starting for SDSU this year. Is this true?

I will be interested to see his running abilities against the Gophers. If your close or win with that QB I think GSU will be watching that tape.

As you probably have guessed SDSU has a slim chance of winning against the P5 Gophers - so say the posters on the Gopher Hole Board.

I warned them when the playing a top 6 FCS team that are bringing back a lot of players there is a big risk involved.

They have already marked SDSU and Georgia Southern down as 2 wins in their first 3 OOC games. I think GSU can take them.

No, but like the pay check.

Comment

I'd like our chances a lot better if we weren't starting a QB who's never taken a college snap.

The thing is, our team is really stout across the board, but there is such a big question mark at the most important position on the field that it's hard to be filled with much confidence of an upset.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        I'd like our chances a lot better if we weren't starting a QB who's never taken a college snap.

The thing is, our team is really stout across the board, but there is such a big question mark at the most important position on the field that it's hard to be filled with much confidence of an upset.
        So your new QB is a true freshman.

How did the coach grade him out during spring practice?

Even if he does start with a limited playbook If he has the acceleration and speed it helps greatly for a broken pass play!

Being a Duel Threat QB has great advantages.

Sorry I forgot his full name. Can you give me a site with his full Bio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSUsTALON
        www'gsufans.com
        www.gsufans.com

Comment

Are you speaking of Kanin Nelson?

It looks like he had a few snaps as a freshman but not enough for me to tell how good he really is.
          While he only threw 8 passes he completed 75% with 2 TD.

Class Sophomore
          HT/WT6' 4", 200 lbs
          Status
          Active
          www.gsufans.com

Comment

So your new QB is a true freshman.

How did the coach grade him out during spring practice?

Even if he does start with a limited playbook If he has the acceleration and speed it helps greatly for a broken pass play!

Being a Duel Threat QB has great advantages.

Sorry I forgot his full name. Can you give me a site with his full Bio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSUsTALON
            www'gsufans.com
            J'Bore Gibbs, Redshirt Freshmen.
            https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_i...&path=football

Comment

So its J'Bron vs Nealson?
              Last edited by GSUsTALON; 06-28-2019, 12:03 PM.
              www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Sorry UWMMandSDSU. I must have been posting my last thread and didn't see yours.

FROM another SDSU thread

"There was a picture somewhere on Twitter in the last week or two of all the freshmen who are redshirting. Many of them were in shorts and sleeveless shirts. To say that Gibbs looks impressive would be an understatement. Someone commented that he looks like a "grown-ass man" which is an accurate description. If he has any kind of speed, he is going to be a real threat as a running QB. Hopefully he also can throw the ball well. "
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Sorry I was looking at a site that put your Sophmore Nelson in front of "J’Bore

J'Bron Bio - twice earned first-team all-state honors as a dual-threat quarterback at Phillips High School in Chicago, which he helped lead to state titles in 2015 (Class 4A) and 2017 (Class 5A) ... during his senior season, he passed for more than 2,000 yards with 24 touchdowns, while adding 600-plus yards and seven touchdowns on the ground ... all-academic selection"
                  Last edited by GSUsTALON; 06-28-2019, 01:55 PM.
                  www.gsufans.com

Comment

Sorry UWMMandSDSU. I must have been posting my last thread and didn't see yours.

FROM another SDSU thread

"There was a picture somewhere on Twitter in the last week or two of all the freshmen who are redshirting. Many of them were in shorts and sleeveless shirts. To say that Gibbs looks impressive would be an understatement. Someone commented that he looks like a "grown-ass man" which is an accurate description. If he has any kind of speed, he is going to be a real threat as a running QB. Hopefully he also can throw the ball well. "
                    He definitely looks the part. He seems to have all of the physical attributes, just depends on how quickly he picks up the playbook and adjusts to the speed of college football. I'm optimistic, but I would be lying if I knew how he is going to perform this year, let alone against a mid level B10 team that seems to be trending upward.

Comment

Big question to me is which of those 2 QBs, Nelson or J'Bron knows your Offensive system better. Would Nelson start and then as the year went on J'Bron have a chance earn the position?
                      www.gsufans.com

Comment

Big question to me is which of those 2 QBs, Nelson or J'Bron knows your Offensive system better. Would Nelson start and then as the year went on J'Bron have a chance earn the position?
                        Nelson is probably 3rd on depth chart. Gibbs, Connors & then Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Nelson is probably 3rd on depth chart. Gibbs, Connors & then Nelson.
                          I've been reading bad Sites! I just need to read the official NDSU site or NDSU releases.
                          OR

**(Any updates SDSU fans would like to post them on this thread!)

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance!

TALON
                          Last edited by GSUsTALON; 06-28-2019, 01:40 PM.
                          www.gsufans.com

Comment

I've been reading bad Sites! I just need to the official NDSU site or NDSU releases.

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance!

TALON
                            That prolly wouldn’t help you much either. I’m speculating but I don’t think NDSU puts out much about SDSU

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              He definitely looks the part. He seems to have all of the physical attributes, just depends on how quickly he picks up the playbook and adjusts to the speed of college football. I'm optimistic, but I would be lying if I knew how he is going to perform this year, let alone against a mid level B10 team that seems to be trending upward.
                              After 2 horrible years in 2016 & 2017 and 2 different coaches last years Head Coach, staff & players went 10-3 and went to a low level bowl game and won.

*2018-Our NEW Head Coach did say that our QB and offense were using a limited offensive playbook. but it worked out. I hope it does so for the Jack Rabbits also!

TALON
                              www.gsufans.com
                              www.gsufans.com

Comment

Working...
                              X