X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMKC IS back

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Augie will be added.
    I really don't care if Augie joins the league or not. A re-energized UMKC brings more to the conference than Augie will as the third D-1 team from the poorest and second-smallest state in the league.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      I really don't care if Augie joins the league or not. A re-energized UMKC brings more to the conference than Augie will as the third D-1 team from the poorest and second-smallest state in the league.
      But they are in Sioux Falls!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        I would rather have auggie other umkc or western I'll any day of the week. Not even close. But I know I am the minority opinion.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I would rather have auggie other umkc or western I'll any day of the week. Not even close. But I know I am the minority opinion.
          and your wrong, so there's that.
          Sure it's not sexy and at the onset does not add much but it has a higher ceiling then the Doggies.

Bringing back Aggie is like playing you kid sister/brother in Basket ball it's really a no win situation.

But! BUt!!! SIOUX FALLS!!!
          yawn,

Comment

This sound like it just depends on what you prefer.
            1) Best teams for the conference competitive wise would be teams like Grand Canyon or New Mexico State BUT they are a long ways away.
            2) The team that fits best in the footprint (UMKC fits too), has the most name recognition and would help attendance most is Augie BUT that would be three SD teams and for some people "they are Augie".
            3) UMKC is the middle of the road option. The are probably worse than Augie now but they have a higher ceiling and they are not as close and a Augie. They are not as good as Grand Canyon or NMSU but they are no where near as far away.

It's like when you go the a ballgame do you-
            1) pay a lot to park close
            2) pay a little and have a middle distance walk
            3) park in the boonies for free and walk a long ways

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              This sound like it just depends on what you prefer.
              1) Best teams for the conference competitive wise would be teams like Grand Canyon or New Mexico State BUT they are a long ways away.
              2) The team that fits best in the footprint (UMKC fits too), has the most name recognition and would help attendance most is Augie BUT that would be three SD teams and for some people "they are Augie".
              3) UMKC is the middle of the road option. The are probably worse than Augie now but they have a higher ceiling and they are not as close and a Augie. They are not as good as Grand Canyon or NMSU but they are no where near as far away.

It's like when you go the a ballgame do you-
              1) pay a lot to park close
              2) pay a little and have a middle distance walk
              3) park in the boonies for free and walk a long ways
              Option #3 saves you money.

Comment

Short drive for me. Swinney is better than rattling around in the auditorium even though it's low end for D2. Retro mascot. What's not to like?

Comment

Jacks basketball just 28 miles away, 433 miles to Frost! Love it!

Comment

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...231984187.html

Comment

Looks like UMKC left in the nick of time.
                      https://letsgodu.com/2019/08/30/wac-...mpression=true

Comment

Originally posted by timt89 View Post
                        Looks like UMKC left in the nick of time.
                        https://letsgodu.com/2019/08/30/wac-...mpression=true
                        Hopefully the Summit League can avoid the same fate. Grand Canyon would be a great addition provided they stay on the same track. New Mexico State would be welcome as well if the WAC folds. Also, the overtone of complete disdain for the Summit League in this article is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                        X