NDSU night at Target Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU night at Target Field

Pretty sure I heard, while taking a water break during the Mariners v. Twins "NDSU Night at Target Field", the TV guys commented on NDSU having a good hockey team up in Grand Forks.

Ouch.

Re: NDSU night at Target Field

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Pretty sure I heard, while taking a water break during the Mariners v. Twins "NDSU Night at Target Field", the TV guys commented on NDSU having a good hockey team up in Grand Forks.

Ouch.
    Boy did he get that right

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Ouch.
      Bert said they had pretty good hockey too. Dick corrected him and said that's up in Grand Forks. Dick use to call Gopher hockey games and may still. Dick knows the difference between UND and NDSU. Bert knows very little about anything but he can still be entertaining. I'm sure most of you know Bert was born in the Netherlands and his real first name is Rik.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Bert said they had pretty good hockey too. Dick corrected him and said that's up in Grand Forks. Dick use to call Gopher hockey games and may still. Dick knows the difference between UND and NDSU. Bert knows very little about anything but he can still be entertaining. I'm sure most of you know Bert was born in the Netherlands and his real first name is Rik.
        He's good for a quote or two (his remark about blowing up the Trop made me chuckle), but for my money, I really enjoyed what Justin Morneau brought to the booth early on this year.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          He's good for a quote or two (his remark about blowing up the Trop made me chuckle), but for my money, I really enjoyed what Justin Morneau brought to the booth early on this year.
          Thankfully Morneau will be coming back from paternity leave in August, I like him in the booth way more than Bert or Morris, not that I necessarily hate either of those two though.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Bert seems to do fewer games every season. Not sure if that is his choice, or if FSN is gradually phasing him out. I agree on Morneau - Roy Smalley also does a good job during the few games that he is in the booth.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Bert seems to do fewer games every season. Not sure if that is his choice, or if FSN is gradually phasing him out. I agree on Morneau - Roy Smalley also does a good job during the few games that he is in the booth.
              Bert is only scheduled for 50 or so games, they are phasing him out. Morneau is awesome, and Kaat has been awesome in his few games he's called. Hawkins and Morris are just bleh, nothing remarkable, nothing bad.

Comment

Tom Kelly -- he's my favorite of all in the booth. Though, it's been a while since he's done a game.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I once had a Roy Smalley Baseball card. Former players are often very good in adding details that the average fan does not see or is aware of. My favorite was Ralph Kiner an old Pittsburg Pirate who did Mets games as I recall.

Comment

Working...
                  X