USD's Chris Nilsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD's Chris Nilsen

I knew USD's Chris Nilsen was an elite talent, I just didn't realize how much. Nilsen just won his third NCAA pole vault championship. He cleared 19' 6.25" to defend his outdoor championship. He won the indoor championship in 2017. He owns the NCAA men's championship vault record. He set the record last year and broke it twice this year. Pretty impressive feat!

Re: USD's Chris Nilsen

Hats off to him, very impressive, even though he goes to "that other college"....congrats to him, a fine young man and athlete

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Hats off to him, very impressive, even though he goes to "that other college"....congrats to him, a fine young man and athlete
      Yes, an impressive effort. May someday win a gold medal. I will be cheering for him.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

That would've been good for a bronze medal in 2016. Gold medal someday is not out of the question

Comment

Good Luck Chris/

Comment

I’ve watched Nilsen several times and I think there’s no question he will continue to improve. Nilsen has an excellent shot at winning gold at the next Olympics.

Comment

Another reminder of media guys getting school names messed up: When Nilsen won, there was a clip on ESPN showing the winning vault and the voice-over said "South Dakota State" rather than "South Dakota". Ahh, the life of mid-majors....

Comment

Working...
              X