Summit League Tournament 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tournament 2019

I feel like for the first time in along time this thing is wide open, and with our pitching and how hot we are going into it I like our chances.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20190518q7kr0p

Re: Summit League Tournament 2019

It should be a good one. Can’t wait. Headed to Tulsa.

Comment

Loved that the team played well down the stretch, including taking the last two from NDSU when the Bison were playing for a chance to qualify for the post season tourney!

Who do you start in the first game against Oral Bob? We are blessed to be as deep in pitching talent as anyone. The three-headed monster for starting games is a huge reason why we've won so many series down the stretch. Froom, McCay, and Olmstead have 3 of the top 7 ERA's in the league this year. Kinney from Omaha easily had the best ERA in the league. It will be interesting if they start him against Western Illinois on Wednesday or save him for Thursday with a hopeful matchup against the winner of SDSU/ORU. I wouldn't know if they'd risk bringing back their ace for a potential championship game after two-days of rest. After Kinney with a 1.88 ERA, their next two starters have 4.57 and 4.79 ERAs.

Oral Roberts top three starters have ERA's of 4.47/4.99/5.45. It is very evident that they have to win with high scoring games. SDSU and Omaha have more aces to put on the mound. I really shouldn't discount Western Illinois, but I have a hard time seeing them win 3 games this week.

Comment

Conference Tournament time is here. I believe it has to Olmstead in Game 1. He has the right mentality for the game. Always difficult to win on the road. He’s a bulldog and wants the ball. This tournament is wide open and right there for the taking. It will be nice next season when the event is a little closer to home. I’m ready to open up the IPad Wednesday night and watch the Rabbits in the opener. Here is the Summit League’s site with all the tournament information.
        http://www.thesummitleague.org/tourn.../2018-19/index

Good luck to Coach Bishop and the Rabbits!

Comment

Interesting choice - Froom the senior deserves the ball? McCay is next man up after leading off the Bison series? Olmstead, leads in innings pitched and ERA. Winning the first vs ORU would
          be huge! 3-0 and get on the bus. I plan to be there in time to salute the Anthem and enjoy a win. Go Jacks!!

Comment

I think you have to go Olmsted. He’s been the Friday guy for most of the year going against everyones number 1 pitcher. Real important to get game game 1.

Comment

Game 1 is almost in the books. Omaha big.

The weather forecast says increasing risk of thunderstorms as the day goes on. Any updates from Tulsa would be greatly appreciated.

Olmstead’s game today. It’s never a must win until you face elimination. In my opinion if you want to win the tournament Game 1 is a must.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Postponed, play at 2PM tomorrow. Outfield had standing water.

Comment

Now looking at noon tomorrow

Comment

Tulsa must have gotten a lot of rain. Heard on the news this morning that they may have to evacuate parts of the city if a levee fails.

Comment

There may be problems with the lights. - lightning strike? Now looking at 2 daylight games today, back to back. Fridays schedule to be announced.

Comment

Thanks for the upates. Greatly appreciated. Is Tyler doing the games? Thanks for the info!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          There may be problems with the lights. - lightning strike? Now looking at 2 daylight games today, back to back. Fridays schedule to be announced.
                          They just started the pregame show on 910AM with Tyler M.
                          They are giving the starting lineups right now.
                          If SDSU beats ORU, I think they only play 1 game today. It will only be back to back games if they lose. They will have to play Western Illinois later today.

Comment

You can watch the game at thesummitleague.org.
                            Not a great start. Batter #1 was hit on a 3-1 pitch, batter #2 flew out on a 3-1 count, Batter #3 had a base hit in the first pitch and the 4th batter hit the ball off the pitcher(SDSU did get a out). The pitcher threw a few pitches and is still in there. Batter #5 just walked on a 4-1 count. Batter #6 got a grounder back to the pitcher to get the out.
                            Bottom line is that even though SDSU had a hit batter, walked a better and the bases were loaded they DID NOT allow a run.
                            SDSU now hitting.

Comment

2-0 SDSU after 2- Hackman hit a 2-run HR to left field.
                              2-1 SDSU after 3- Hensen from ORU hit a solo shot to left field.

Comment

Working...
                              X