Frost Arena Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frost Arena Reno

It appears they are getting closer to renovations occurring at Frost. The state is down to their final three candidates for the construction manager at risk portion of the work, which would mean the architect is getting closer to having a final design ready to budget out and go to the state with. I would guess after the 2019-20 season they'll come in and start with building up the second level and suites, doing the first level and court secondly. Just a wild guess so they don't miss hosting any games.

Finalists:
    Henry Carlson, Sioux Falls, SD
    Journey Construction, Sioux Falls, SD
    McCownGordan Construction, Kansas City, MO

Re: Frost Arena Reno

At the Summit League Tournament I spoke with a gentleman who seemed to be university affiliated. He told me that we could expect to see the project completed by the beginning of the 2022-23 season and to expect a capacity of perhaps 5200-5400.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
      At the Summit League Tournament I spoke with a gentleman who seemed to be university affiliated. He told me that we could expect to see the project completed by the beginning of the 2022-23 season and to expect a capacity of perhaps 5200-5400.
      If this is the plan, another downsize. With reconfiguration of seating, another 10 year plan? I think I will pass. ESPN PLUS seems to work for me. It does make sense from an admin point of view, as we have seldom reached 5000 for an attendance. That too, could change.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        If this is the plan, another downsize. With reconfiguration of seating, another 10 year plan? I think I will pass. ESPN PLUS seems to work for me. It does make sense from an admin point of view, as we have seldom reached 5000 for an attendance. That too, could change.
        I going to add to my post as the Barn was often packed the last 20 years or so and Frost was badly needed and perhaps over built and now it is being downsized. Who knows what is next?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I going to add to my post as the Barn was often packed the last 20 years or so and Frost was badly needed and perhaps over built and now it is being downsized. Who knows what is next?
          How about purchasing a court sized video board from Daktronics and put it in the old Barn (upgraded a little) and sell tickets at half price with state of the art recording and life sizes players, for the overflow situations, good sight lines for everyone , pump the extra crowd noise into Frost, and vice versa.........j/k (probably cost more than just expanding, ....ha)

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            How about purchasing a court sized video board from Daktronics and put it in the old Barn (upgraded a little) and sell tickets at half price with state of the art recording and life sizes players, for the overflow situations, good sight lines for everyone , pump the extra crowd noise into Frost, and vice versa.........j/k (probably cost more than just expanding, ....ha)
            That will work

Comment

Working...
            X