ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

The Jacks have two conference weekend matchups left and have a chance to win the regular season championship. This week's matchup will determine if either team has a chance to catch Omaha for 1st.

UNO 18-6
    SDSU 16-8
    ORU 14-10
    NDSU 12-12
    Western 12-12
    PFW 0-24

This week's matchups:
    Oral Roberts travels to Brookings for three games.
    UNO at Western Illinois

Final week's matchups:
    SDSU at NDSU
    ORU at UNO

Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

Might ORU miss qualifying for the tourney? Went 1-5 vs Western. Has final 6 games on the road against the 2 teams ahead of them in the standings. Two game lead over Bison and 'Necks. Both those teams have 3 remaining against PFW. Injury bug hit the pitching staff earlier and Isaac Coffey, the #3 starter, had his elbow tighten up yesterday. Tie breakers may be in play. Interesting indeed!

Comment

Winner of regular season hosts the conference tournament the next year too. Lots at stake the next few weeks. If Omaha wins it I wonder if they could get TD Ameritrade for the tourney. That would be awesome for everyone

Comment

How is it even possible to be 0-24 in conference play...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Theyve only had a couple of one run games and a couple of 2 run games. Otherwise theyve been blown out. They did start the season 4-0 by sweeping Alabama A&M.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            It’s unreal. I could see in a Power 5 Conference if your program was terrible. In the Summit and the probability of winning in a game where anyone can beat anyone on any given day it almost seems impossible.

Now to the Rabbits. The pitching has been excellent over the past month. This team has a real chance of qualifying for the NCAA. In baseball if you can qualify anything can happen. Should be a fun weekend in Brookings. Once we get through another inch of rain......

It would also be nice to sneak in a win over Minnesota tonight.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Big weekend indeed coming up but I would love some payback to NDSU and what they did to us at the end of the season last year.

I have a question. If we would win the league where would the games be played? I don’t believe our field would be capable of hosting. Augie’s field is to short and limited seating.

Im sure tonight’s game will be a bullpen game for both teams as we only threw 4 pitchers this weekend and will definitely need more than that for the stretch run and conference tournament.

GO Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                Winner of regular season hosts the conference tournament the next year too. Lots at stake the next few weeks. If Omaha wins it I wonder if they could get TD Ameritrade for the tourney. That would be awesome for everyone
                I believe TD Ameritrade hosts the Big 12 tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseJack View Post
                  Negative, Big 12 has been in Oklahoma City at Bricktown Ballpark for a number of years

Comment

Yes, this year they have the Big 10 tournament, not sure of how many upcoming years. I think UNO hosted the Huskers at Werner Park this year, which is the home of the AAA Stormchasers. It would be a great venue for a Summit League tournament. While TDAMERITRADE would be nice for the players it's not so cool when you have 500 in a 24,000 seat park.

Comment

Big weekend indeed coming up but I would love some payback to NDSU and what they did to us at the end of the season last year.

I have a question. If we would win the league where would the games be played? I don’t believe our field would be capable of hosting. Augie’s field is to short and limited seating.

Im sure tonight’s game will be a bullpen game for both teams as we only threw 4 pitchers this weekend and will definitely need more than that for the stretch run and conference tournament.

GO Jacks!!!
                      Didn't we host in SF at the birdcage when ORU left the summit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Didn't we host in SF at the birdcage when ORU left the summit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        Yes, and buying a $10 ticket to that tournament was a big key to locking in good seats at the Summit League basketball tournament. It's funny how that $10 keeps paying off every March!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Yes, and buying a $10 ticket to that tournament was a big key to locking in good seats at the Summit League basketball tournament. It's funny how that $10 keeps paying off every March!
                          Amen to that. I got in on this deal as well. Went as far as calling the SF Sports Authority that year making sure I only had to purchase the ticket and not actually attend. That allowed us to book SL BB tourney all session passes at least 24 hours in advance. If not longer.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                            Yes, this year they have the Big 10 tournament, not sure of how many upcoming years. I think UNO hosted the Huskers at Werner Park this year, which is the home of the AAA Stormchasers. It would be a great venue for a Summit League tournament. While TDAMERITRADE would be nice for the players it's not so cool when you have 500 in a 24,000 seat park.
                            Big 10 tournament's locked into TD Ameritrade through 2022.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I remember driving by TD Ameritrade last year during the championship game between Minnesota and Purdue. It was extremely hot and the stands looked empty. Checked the box score and it looks like it drew 1,931 fans. Great facility, but it is so much better when fans are in the stands.

Back in 2014, they drew nearly 20,000 fans for the championship game at TD Ameritrade. It helped that the Huskers were playing a highly rated Indiana team for the championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X