Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    1,333

    Default ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    The Jacks have two conference weekend matchups left and have a chance to win the regular season championship. This week's matchup will determine if either team has a chance to catch Omaha for 1st.

    UNO 18-6
    SDSU 16-8
    ORU 14-10
    NDSU 12-12
    Western 12-12
    PFW 0-24

    This week's matchups:
    Oral Roberts travels to Brookings for three games.
    UNO at Western Illinois

    Final week's matchups:
    SDSU at NDSU
    ORU at UNO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    823

    Default Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    Might ORU miss qualifying for the tourney? Went 1-5 vs Western. Has final 6 games on the road against the 2 teams ahead of them in the standings. Two game lead over Bison and 'Necks. Both those teams have 3 remaining against PFW. Injury bug hit the pitching staff earlier and Isaac Coffey, the #3 starter, had his elbow tighten up yesterday. Tie breakers may be in play. Interesting indeed!

  3. #3

    Default Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    Winner of regular season hosts the conference tournament the next year too. Lots at stake the next few weeks. If Omaha wins it I wonder if they could get TD Ameritrade for the tourney. That would be awesome for everyone

  4. #4

    Default Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitball View Post
    Winner of regular season hosts the conference tournament the next year too. Lots at stake the next few weeks. If Omaha wins it I wonder if they could get TD Ameritrade for the tourney. That would be awesome for everyone
    I believe TD Ameritrade hosts the Big 12 tournament.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    502

    Default Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by BaseJack View Post
    I believe TD Ameritrade hosts the Big 12 tournament.
    Negative, Big 12 has been in Oklahoma City at Bricktown Ballpark for a number of years


  6. #6

    Default Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by BaseJack View Post
    I believe TD Ameritrade hosts the Big 12 tournament.
    Yes, this year they have the Big 10 tournament, not sure of how many upcoming years. I think UNO hosted the Huskers at Werner Park this year, which is the home of the AAA Stormchasers. It would be a great venue for a Summit League tournament. While TDAMERITRADE would be nice for the players it's not so cool when you have 500 in a 24,000 seat park.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    1,250

    Default Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Yes, this year they have the Big 10 tournament, not sure of how many upcoming years. I think UNO hosted the Huskers at Werner Park this year, which is the home of the AAA Stormchasers. It would be a great venue for a Summit League tournament. While TDAMERITRADE would be nice for the players it's not so cool when you have 500 in a 24,000 seat park.
    Big 10 tournament's locked into TD Ameritrade through 2022.

  8. #8

    Default Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Yes, this year they have the Big 10 tournament, not sure of how many upcoming years. I think UNO hosted the Huskers at Werner Park this year, which is the home of the AAA Stormchasers. It would be a great venue for a Summit League tournament. While TDAMERITRADE would be nice for the players it's not so cool when you have 500 in a 24,000 seat park.
    Completely forgot about the AAA field. That would be great as well if the schedule didn't conflict

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,593

    Default Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    How is it even possible to be 0-24 in conference play...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ethan
    Posts
    2,590

    Default Re: ORU Part Deux - Big weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post
    How is it even possible to be 0-24 in conference play...
    Theyve only had a couple of one run games and a couple of 2 run games. Otherwise theyve been blown out. They did start the season 4-0 by sweeping Alabama A&M.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •