• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019/2020 Roster

https://twitter.com/8Casperson/statu...55892510838784

Comment

2019/2020 Roster

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
      Is that speculation or did he enter the Transfer Portal? Also did he wrestle last season unattached? FSU has posted their 18-19 individual records.
      He didn't wrestle last year due to his shoulder injury and I believe he's wrestling 184 in college
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

With Trenary, Orris, Schoon, King, and now Casperson, we're not going to have to recruit an upperweight for quite some time. It's almost a shame, we seem to be really good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
          With Trenary, Orris, Schoon, King, and now Casperson, we're not going to have to recruit an upperweight for quite some time. It's almost a shame, we seem to be really good at it.
          Disagree, they’ll always be recruiting every weight. Building depth, building a pipeline...something the previous HC didn’t really concentrate on. The top programs do, build a culture...this is how you construct a team that is consistently in the top 10 and has 8+ AA’s every year. Depth and competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            Disagree, they’ll always be recruiting every weight. Building depth, building a pipeline...something the previous HC didn’t really concentrate on. The top programs do, build a culture...this is how you construct a team that is consistently in the top 10 and has 8+ AA’s every year. Depth and competition.
            I suppose I think that thirteen people at three weights is a bit on the high side. I'm all for depth, I'm just worried about being equitable with the distribution of our scholarships. If we can bring in some diamonds in the rough on the cheap that would be cool, but, if we're going to be intentional about recruiting certain weights, I think I'd rather us focus on the middle of our line-up. If we were able to bring in Hutmacher on a full ride (which is what it would take I'm sure), we'd have Trenary on the bench. That may sound like a good problem to have but, with 9.9 scholarships, it's a problem none the less. You're right though, I hope that some day we're able to bring in big board quality guys for a quarter and a summer job working camps so that we can have a room full of killers, but it's going to take some real prestige to be able to do that. It might take some money-ball to get us there. Of course, Hahn did it at Cornell with zero scholarships, so maybe he has some magic that I don't know about.

Comment

Working...
            X