Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL Draft

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
    Good for him. I can see Christion having a comparable style of play to Wilson, and this being a good fit. I'm going to have to get over my dislike of the Seahawks.

In my biased opinion, I'm skeptical of Easton Stick making it with the Chargers, even though they picked him up in the 5th. Stick seems to be more a Tebow-esque style player. It worked great in college. Not so well in the Pros.
    Wentz's had the arm strength bit does stick? I think that would be my big question on him. Mostly because I dont know.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Anything on Snyder? Is he looking for an NFL camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        Anything on Snyder? Is he looking for an NFL camp?
        I believe he hurt his knee again.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I believe he hurt his knee again.
          Tore his ACL in his good knee the 2nd half of the NDSU game. I believe he got a coaching gig this fall, but wants to workout and train while he's coaching and looking to potentially get a free agent deal next April after the draft, as he will not be draft eligible.

Next years draft or free agent possibilities is a little on the thin side:
          Rozeboom
          Greenway
          Snyder
          Maybe Sellers?

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
            Tore his ACL in his good knee the 2nd half of the NDSU game. I believe he got a coaching gig this fall, but wants to workout and train while he's coaching and looking to potentially get a free agent deal next April after the draft, as he will not be draft eligible.

Rozeboom
            Greenway
            Snyder
            Maybe Sellers?
            Chase Vinatieri

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post

Rozeboom
              Greenway
              Snyder
              Maybe Sellers?
              If I were Snyder I would just give up the game while he can still walk. Already gonna be struggling later in life from the injuries he has suffered, is it really worth risking more when he is already such a long shot to do anything professionally. Just my opinion
              Last edited by westernjack; 04-29-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Seahawks waive Christion after signing Geno Smith. Hopefully he gets a second chance somewhere.

Comment

Does anyone know when the SDSU Pro Day will be? I'd imagine that Rozeboom and Vinatieri would draw some NFL interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                    Does anyone know when the SDSU Pro Day will be? I'd imagine that Rozeboom and Vinatieri would draw some NFL interest.
                    Vinatieri is not going garner any interest. He may work out at pro day but considering he was being replaced by the backup late in his senior year doesn't bode well for his NFL aspirations.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Vinatieri is not going garner any interest. He may work out at pro day but considering he was being replaced by the backup late in his senior year doesn't bode well for his NFL aspirations.
                      With a last name like Vinatieri he will garner some interest.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

With a last name like Vinatieri he will garner some interest.
                        With his stats the last 2 seasons he will have to prove he has some of that vinatieri magic. Otherwise they will see he is a great athlete with a strong leg whose inconsistent which seems to be a problem in the NFL right now. He struggled with extra points enough to have concerns. hopefully he has been working with someone to get that straightened out.....pardon the pun.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

With his stats the last 2 seasons he will have to prove he has some of that vinatieri magic. Otherwise they will see he is a great athlete with a strong leg whose inconsistent which seems to be a problem in the NFL right now. He struggled with extra points enough to have concerns. hopefully he has been working with someone to get that straightened out.....pardon the pun.
                          He has been working w/ someone.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIEGr-iHkwg

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                            We are officially one month away from Jackrabbit #ProDay

The Jacks have 8 former players participating in this years event

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

In the mid 90's SDSU had some other kicker who got replaced his senior year by a defensive lineman who kicked the ball with his toe. Oddly enough, they even have the same last name.

That said, 1 in a 10,000 chance he ends up an NFL kicker, and that is way better odds than any of us on here, so you might as well pursue it for a year while you still can before moving onto the real world. Crazier things have happened before in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

In the mid 90's SDSU had some other kicker who got replaced his senior year by a defensive lineman who kicked the ball with his toe. Oddly enough, they even have the same last name.

That said, 1 in a 10,000 chance he ends up an NFL kicker, and that is way better odds than any of us on here, so you might as well pursue it for a year while you still can before moving onto the real world. Crazier things have happened before in this world.
                                I would 100% agree with you. I know Adam V. had his trials and tribulations during his time at SDSU, but didn't realize he had gotten replaced as well his senior year. That's wild.

Similar but different - who would have thought Mike Daum would be playing overseas right now while Tevin King and Skylar Flatten are in the G-league. Yes, yes - I know Mike is making more money and could be argued he's in a better spot but that's just odd how things play out. No one would have guessed that even at the end of last BB season.

Comment

Working...
                                X