Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft

Default Re: NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHole View Post
    I'd think a team like the Vikings could use a guy like Tiano on the practice squad. I see him projecting as a guard or possibly a right tackle in the NFL. His speed/quickness may be what's holding him back.

HERO Sports did a mock pro day/combine list to compare numbers for FCS players. Tiano tested very well in strength categories. He would have been in the top 10 at the combine with his bench press (29 reps), vertical (32.5"), and broad jump (116").

Strength and versatility could get him on a practice squad. With depth being an issue for teams like the Vikes, that could translate to roster time later in the season. He just needs to get signed by the right team to get meaningful reps.
    According to Zimmer, Tiano has received a rookie camp invite from the Vikes.

A name some of you may remember, JT Hassell, a former SDSU LB who transferred home and finished his career at Florida Tech has signed with the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Project-Badass View Post
    A name some of you may remember, JT Hassell, a former SDSU LB who transferred home and finished his career at Florida Tech has signed with the Browns.
    Also Shak Taylor Went to the colts from KU former Jack's DB (when we beat them I believe)

Brady Hale invited to Chicago Bears mini camp.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Quote Originally Posted by Project-Badass View Post
    Christion has signed with the Seahawks. They only have two QB's on their current roster and didn't draft one, so looks like a good place to compete for the backup spot.
    Good for him. I can see Christion having a comparable style of play to Wilson, and this being a good fit. I'm going to have to get over my dislike of the Seahawks.

In my biased opinion, I'm skeptical of Easton Stick making it with the Chargers, even though they picked him up in the 5th. Stick seems to be more a Tebow-esque style player. It worked great in college. Not so well in the Pros.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapJack View Post
    Good for him. I can see Christion having a comparable style of play to Wilson, and this being a good fit. I'm going to have to get over my dislike of the Seahawks.

In my biased opinion, I'm skeptical of Easton Stick making it with the Chargers, even though they picked him up in the 5th. Stick seems to be more a Tebow-esque style player. It worked great in college. Not so well in the Pros.
    Wentz's had the arm strength bit does stick? I think that would be my big question on him. Mostly because I dont know.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Anything on Snyder? Is he looking for an NFL camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Anything on Snyder? Is he looking for an NFL camp?
    I believe he hurt his knee again.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I believe he hurt his knee again.
    Tore his ACL in his good knee the 2nd half of the NDSU game. I believe he got a coaching gig this fall, but wants to workout and train while he's coaching and looking to potentially get a free agent deal next April after the draft, as he will not be draft eligible.

Next years draft or free agent possibilities is a little on the thin side:
    Rozeboom
    Greenway
    Snyder
    Maybe Sellers?

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Tore his ACL in his good knee the 2nd half of the NDSU game. I believe he got a coaching gig this fall, but wants to workout and train while he's coaching and looking to potentially get a free agent deal next April after the draft, as he will not be draft eligible.

Next years draft or free agent possibilities is a little on the thin side:
    Rozeboom
    Greenway
    Snyder
    Maybe Sellers?
    Chase Vinatieri