Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit League BB transfers

Default Re: Summit League BB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    It's actually a higher % than that since the men can only have 13 scholarship players.
    Somewhere I read an article recently that said 40% of D-I basketball players don't make it past their sophomore year at the college they initially signed with. Now, I don't remember how far back they went to create this metric but regardless, it was pretty alarming.

Not sure if this is the exact article, but it does list the same stat:
    https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/college...ee-agency.html

A few years back when this transfer thing was starting to heat up the argument was made that transfers for mid majors is a two way street. While the mid majors have the risk of losing their star players to P-5 schools they also have the opportunity to pick up transfers from the P-5's who see little or no playing time. So my question for this board is who is likely to have a greater impact on their new team, the mid major star moving up or the number 9-13 players sitting on end of the bench on the high major rosters moving down in search of playing time. After watching Mooney I'd argue that it's more likely the mid major stars will have an impact on their new team than someone moving down,anybody have a good example of somebody moving down and making a significant impact.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    A few years back when this transfer thing was starting to heat up the argument was made that transfers for mid majors is a two way street. While the mid majors have the risk of losing their star players to P-5 schools they also have the opportunity to pick up transfers from the P-5's who see little or no playing time. So my question for this board is who is likely to have a greater impact on their new team, the mid major star moving up or the number 9-13 players sitting on end of the bench on the high major rosters moving down in search of playing time. After watching Mooney I'd argue that it's more likely the mid major stars will have an impact on their new team than someone moving down,anybody have a good example of somebody moving down and making a significant impact.
    Matt Mooney - he was at Air Force first

I always hoped we could catch a few guys like cody Larsen. Well for different reasons but guys who went power conference and it didnt work out or stuck on the bench but good players who want a chance to play or a start over. Like Marshall. I figured we would be a net gain and not loss. I think if we can keep winning the summit league most years we might see a trickle down effect for us.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.Ē Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Since this is in a smack thread it's ok. Oh wait.....
    My sentiments exactly...
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Matt Mooney - he was at Air Force first
    That's true, and I must be getting older and my memory getting worse as I didn't even think about Cody Larsen and George Marshall for us. So maybe the answer for the mid majors is to step up and find the right guys to transfer in.

Grad transfer proposal was voted down.
    https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...77955870547968

Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    George Marshall and Cody Larson both came from P5 schools and had huge impacts on our program.

Tagyn Larson as well for the women.

I agree that the huge transfer numbers in basketball is troubling, but it does work both ways. I'd say we've benefited far more from transfers over the years than have been hurt by them.

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Grad transfer proposal was voted down.
    https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...77955870547968
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    It's actually a higher % than that since the men can only have 13 scholarship players.
    Using 13 scholarships, itís 15% Double uffda, why so many bad choices. It canít be all about greener grass.