Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Summit League BB transfers

Default Re: Summit League BB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Wonder if he just wanted to see options he had for school looking at him? Wish more players would decide to stay in the league.
    If you look at the transfer portal, there are more players out there than you can imagine. Do any of these guys think about what value the degree they are working towards has? They should be thinking what about 10 or 20 years from now and life after basketball. There is bunch of that, you know. If a transfer helps a person academically, I say go for it, but a shot at the final four? Not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
    It will be nice to not have the pressure on us for a change. Youll be the favorites. But come Summit Tourney time anything can happen. We saw that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    It will be nice to not have the pressure on us for a change. Youll be the favorites. But come Summit Tourney time anything can happen. We saw that this year.
    Dont you think the buffalos would be the preseason pick? We probably will be 4-6 next year preseason is my guess.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Dont you think the buffalos would be the preseason pick? We probably will be 4-6 next year preseason is my guess.
    Not on my ballot. With Hagedorn back, i put the yotes as the favorites. The buffaloes win the Summit Tourney because we choked. And they still have the same coach, to the dislike if most bison fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Not on my ballot. With Hagedorn back, i put the yotes as the favorites. The buffaloes win the Summit Tourney because we choked. And they still have the same coach, to the dislike if most bison fans.
    Yeah but most of their team coming back. If they can keep running iso and guards figure out how to keep shooting they might be harder to beat. I'm still not sure on usd.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    So much for the Augustana Advantage. I wonder what does he have to offer in terms of basketball talent? His mother is a very good coach, but does that translate into talent? Did he get a chance to be a Vermillon Tanager?
    Speaking of coaches kids. What ever happened to Nagy's kid at Wayne St. Could tell he was D2 material at best by looking at him, but he did OK as a freshman-- about 8 points or so his freshman year (from memory), then half that as a sophomore, then half that as a junior then disappear? Didn't want to start a thread on it but it seemed strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
    Speaking of coaches kids. What ever happened to Nagy's kid at Wayne St. Could tell he was D2 material at best by looking at him, but he did OK as a freshman-- about 8 points or so his freshman year (from memory), then half that as a sophomore, then half that as a junior then disappear? Didn't want to start a thread on it but it seemed strange.
    Coach Nagy son is working with Dad and is the Director of Operations for Wright State basketball. He didn’t have the player talent his Dad, but might make an impact in the coaching profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    Coach Nagy son is working with Dad and is the Director of Operations for Wright State basketball. He didn’t have the player talent his Dad, but might make an impact in the coaching profession.
    Wrong son. Nick, who is working for Wright State, never played college basketball. He attended the University of Mississippi. Tyler is the Nagy who played at Wayne State.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Wrong son. Nick, who is working for Wright State, never played college basketball. He attended the University of Mississippi. Tyler is the Nagy who played at Wayne State.
    So why did he go from promising freshman to never play junior?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
    So why did he go from promising freshman to never play junior?
    I don’t have answer and I never could keep those two Nagy boys straight. Where Tyler is now is a 64 dollar question. He has moved from Wayne State.