Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League BB transfers

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    So much for the Augustana Advantage. I wonder what does he have to offer in terms of basketball talent? His mother is a very good coach, but does that translate into talent? Did he get a chance to be a Vermillon Tanager?
    Speaking of coaches kids. What ever happened to Nagy's kid at Wayne St. Could tell he was D2 material at best by looking at him, but he did OK as a freshman-- about 8 points or so his freshman year (from memory), then half that as a sophomore, then half that as a junior then disappear? Didn't want to start a thread on it but it seemed strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
      Speaking of coaches kids. What ever happened to Nagy's kid at Wayne St. Could tell he was D2 material at best by looking at him, but he did OK as a freshman-- about 8 points or so his freshman year (from memory), then half that as a sophomore, then half that as a junior then disappear? Didn't want to start a thread on it but it seemed strange.
      Coach Nagy son is working with Dad and is the Director of Operations for Wright State basketball. He didn’t have the player talent his Dad, but might make an impact in the coaching profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Coach Nagy son is working with Dad and is the Director of Operations for Wright State basketball. He didn’t have the player talent his Dad, but might make an impact in the coaching profession.
        Wrong son. Nick, who is working for Wright State, never played college basketball. He attended the University of Mississippi. Tyler is the Nagy who played at Wayne State.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          Wrong son. Nick, who is working for Wright State, never played college basketball. He attended the University of Mississippi. Tyler is the Nagy who played at Wayne State.
          So why did he go from promising freshman to never play junior?

Comment

So why did he go from promising freshman to never play junior?
            I don’t have answer and I never could keep those two Nagy boys straight. Where Tyler is now is a 64 dollar question. He has moved from Wayne State.

Comment

Did a little research. Found him in Dayton. BTW-- There's a TON of Tyler Nagy's on Linked In. Didn't know there were still door to door salesmen out there but I did that in the sixties, selling pots and pans and dictionaries. A little of that will give you a lifetime of stories. I've clipped his vita from Linked In. Give him a job, somebody!

Summary
              I was a collegiate athlete for four years. I work well in a team based environment and am very social once I get comfortable but I know improvement comes from working alone and am also very capable in that aspect. I have a great sense of humor. I spent most of my junior and senior year developing my skills as a radio personality. I am not sure if that is what I want. I do know that I love to talk and make people happy.

Door to Door Salesperson
              Cox Media
              June 2018 – August 2018 3 months

Guess he rang doorbells and asked people if they wanted cable, hopefully Internet. Doubt if Media Production is a great major for job openings per grad. Hopefully someone will give him a chance.

PPG; Freshman 6.3, Sophomore 1.4, Junior .3, Senior .8. (Source WSU web site). Did we have a coaching change here?

Comment

In honor of Tyler's working door to door, I'll tell a slightly athletics related salesman story from my pre-sophomore year, the summer of 1964.

A bunch of us were selling dictionaries door to door in Aberdeen. Cop picked us up (cop was a summer employee doubling as a Northern lineman during the school year--bet he was tiny compared to offensive linemen these days, but he looked big then). Anyway they hauled us into the station and said we couldn't sell past sunset that day, they didn't get some of us and they were still out selling). We were staying at the Sunset Motel and took that to mean we could work the west part of town on the other side of the Sunset. That really ticked the desk sergeant off if I remember correctly. Did it during summers during college, would hate to be doing it after I graduated.

Good luck out there Tyler....and my apologies for the thread drift, but the boards are slow this time of year, anyway.

Comment

In honor of Tyler's working door to door, I'll tell a slightly athletics related salesman story from my pre-sophomore year, the summer of 1964.

A bunch of us were selling dictionaries door to door in Aberdeen. Cop picked us up (cop was a summer employee doubling as a Northern lineman during the school year--bet he was tiny compared to offensive linemen these days, but he looked big then). Anyway they hauled us into the station and said we couldn't sell past sunset that day, they didn't get some of us and they were still out selling). We were staying at the Sunset Motel and took that to mean we could work the west part of town on the other side of the Sunset. That really ticked the desk sergeant off if I remember correctly. Did it during summers during college, would hate to be doing it after I graduated.

Good luck out there Tyler....and my apologies for the thread drift, but the boards are slow this time of year, anyway.
                  All the Nagy’s are on Twitter. Wright State for all purposes is on the edge of Dayton. So Tyler is close to home.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    I'm curious how many Summit teams will be interested in former Husker Brady Heiman? Heiman was a 3-star recruit for the Huskers last year out of Platteview, NE. He apparently isn't part of the Huskers future so he entered the transfer protocol yesterday.

The 6'11" post should have redshirted this year, but the Huskers lost so many players due to injuries and transfers that he was forced into action. He was not physically ready for the B1G Ten post players and I'm hoping for him that he's not lost too much of his confidence.
                    It took nearly three weeks, but the Yotes have found a post player. The Omaha World Herald reported Brady Heiman's transfer to USD. Sounds like he has a chance to play this next year since Fred Hoiberg cleaned out players he didn't want back. USD also recently picked up Kanon Koster from Kearney as a transfer. Koster will have to sit out a year as he transfers for the University of Nebraska-Kearney. Koster was a two-time 1st team Super State selection by the Lincoln Journal Star.

Comment

Lots of Nebraska talent is making an impact on the Summit in recent years. Daum is obviously the poster child for success from Husker Nation, but if you look at some of the impact players for other teams, there is more talent in Nebraska than just for football.

UNO: Mitch Hahn, Ayo Akinwole, Tre'Shawn Thurman and Tra-Deon Hollins were all starters and Summit leaders during their time. Akinwole still has two years of eligibility left and look for Logan Strom and Kyle Luedtke to have an impact in future years.

USD: Tristen Simpson and Tyler Hagedorn were key elements for the Yotes the last couple of years. What's interesting to me is that Simpson is only a year older than David Wingett. As stated in my previous post, I think you will hear both Heiman and Koster's names in a couple of years.

NDSU: Jared Samuelson and Sam Griesel were both starters for their Big Dance qualifying team this year. Samuelson has one year left for the Bison and Griesel has three years. Griesel and USD's Heiman/Koster were AAU teammates.

Other: Akol Arop, Donovan Williams and Charlie Easily have committed to the Huskers. Shareef Burke (Creighton), Ed Chang (announced in April leaving San Diego State), Aguek Arop (San Diego State), Teddy Allen (West Virginia/Wichita State), and Justin Patton (Creighton/Timberwolves/76ers)

Comment

Working...
                      X