Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League BB transfers

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Usd might get a couple dozen more fans at their games since he is a local kid.
    You have to love their bring your child to work policy. First Boots and now AJ. I can already hear the “mommy’s boy” chants in frost.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      AJ Plitzuweit transferring to USD per his twitter.

Welcome to Div I Augie (even before Augie has made the move they are feeling the sting of transition).
      So much for the Augustana Advantage. I wonder what does he have to offer in terms of basketball talent? His mother is a very good coach, but does that translate into talent? Did he get a chance to be a Vermillon Tanager?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        So much for the Augustana Advantage. I wonder what does he have to offer in terms of basketball talent? His mother is a very good coach, but does that translate into talent? Did he get a chance to be a Vermillon Tanager?
        NSIC Freshmen of the Year. He had an offer from NDSU out of high school. He is good. Will he be good/great at the Summit League level, TBD?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          NSIC Freshmen of the Year. He had an offer from NDSU out of high school. He is good. Will he be good/great at the Summit League level, TBD?
          Thanks, I was not aware of NDSU offer. Vermilion High like Brookings has it’s ups and mostly downs. Being NSIC freshman of the year is a good sign of talent. I would think he will do okay despite the taunts of Frost fans.

Comment

He was SD's player of the year and the SD Gatorade POY during his senior season. Based on his stats as a true freshman, I suspect he will be in position to take over for Tristen Simpson at the point after he graduates this next year. He will have to redshirt this season as a transfer. This is an excellent pickup for the Yotes as he got to cut his teeth in the NISC for a year and will have another year to build chemistry with his new teammates.

Comment

I'm curious how many Summit teams will be interested in former Husker Brady Heiman? Heiman was a 3-star recruit for the Huskers last year out of Platteview, NE. He apparently isn't part of the Huskers future so he entered the transfer protocol yesterday.

The 6'11" post should have redshirted this year, but the Huskers lost so many players due to injuries and transfers that he was forced into action. He was not physically ready for the B1G Ten post players and I'm hoping for him that he's not lost too much of his confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                It just dawned on me who was responsible to building skills in Mike Daum? His mother. I agree with Gopherhole, USD did pick up a good transfer. I haven't paid attention to SD high school basketball, so had idea of player of year award. I would think he will do well at USD,

Comment

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ue/1140855001/

Comment

It is good to see a quality player stay in the league. It is unfortunate that he will be wearing red though. I am sure he would look much better in blue.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      It is good to see a quality player stay in the league. It is unfortunate that he will be wearing red though. I am sure he would look much better in blue.
                      Wonder if he just wanted to see options he had for school looking at him? Wish more players would decide to stay in the league.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Wonder if he just wanted to see options he had for school looking at him? Wish more players would decide to stay in the league.
                        If you look at the transfer portal, there are more players out there than you can imagine. Do any of these guys think about what value the degree they are working towards has? They should be thinking what about 10 or 20 years from now and life after basketball. There is bunch of that, you know. If a transfer helps a person academically, I say go for it, but a shot at the final four? Not so sure.

Comment

It will be nice to not have the pressure on us for a change. Youll be the favorites. But come Summit Tourney time anything can happen. We saw that this year.

Comment

It will be nice to not have the pressure on us for a change. Youll be the favorites. But come Summit Tourney time anything can happen. We saw that this year.
                            Dont you think the buffalos would be the preseason pick? We probably will be 4-6 next year preseason is my guess.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Dont you think the buffalos would be the preseason pick? We probably will be 4-6 next year preseason is my guess.
                              Not on my ballot. With Hagedorn back, i put the yotes as the favorites. The buffaloes win the Summit Tourney because we choked. And they still have the same coach, to the dislike if most bison fans.

Comment

Not on my ballot. With Hagedorn back, i put the yotes as the favorites. The buffaloes win the Summit Tourney because we choked. And they still have the same coach, to the dislike if most bison fans.
                                Yeah but most of their team coming back. If they can keep running iso and guards figure out how to keep shooting they might be harder to beat. I'm still not sure on usd.

Comment

Working...
                                X