Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 Women's Schedule

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Eh, it's the slow season and after watching my favorite vid, 2015-16 Women's Basketball Season Highlights Video on YouTube.... I like these video montage's of season highlights set to music, wish there was one for last season's Sweet 16 season, ok moving on...I was wondering how well or even if any of the current players could replicate what Kerry Young did vs Creighton at the 8:11 mark....that is getting the ball at full speed acceleration about (guessing 8-10 ft) until reaching the 1/2 court line and making a layup in two dribbles. It still seems amazing to me,
    maybe it's just me but
    Coach Flanery just got his arms crossed and 2 sec later it was 2pts for the Jacks. So, I was wondering how neat it'd be if they could try it in practice as a change of pace "fun" thing to try to replicate for the players....they could call it the " Kerry Young Challenge".I think maybe Neshiem or Irwin look like they could, they are the longest and with good speed, Macy last yr probably could if she tried to, Macy and Kerry were similar players who complimented each others game. I wish Macy hadn't got injured and Kerry and Macy could of played together Kerry's Sr season, but then we wouldn't of had Macy with Guebert together for last season's historic run.

I just think Kerry was probably our greatest break away player....we've had many great ones, Maria Boever comes to mind. Gaby wasn't necessarily a break away player, most of her break away's come from steals. As a comparison, I made note of two of Gabby's break away's in the same video at the11:56 and again at 14:32 ( 4 dribbles each) at about the same distance....but to be fair , Gabby was much shorter and her dribbling style was taking smaller strides so more dribbles. Also at 17:16 Kerry made it look easy in 3 dribbles.Hurry up season, getting tired of watching old vids, time to make new ones.GB,GB,GJ
    Any time Kerry got a breakaway steal it was impressive. You are right I recall many times she would get to half court a couple dribbles and ball going through the hoop.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Women's Schedule

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Any time Kerry got a breakaway steal it was impressive. You are right I recall many times she would get to half court a couple dribbles and ball going through the hoop.
      At :34 mark in Jacks vs Arkansas she outran a couple Razorbacks, p-5 players Brad Peterson kept saying were quick and fast but missed the layup, must be hard putting it off the glass softly at 100 mph....LOL Miller put it in for her Karry could cover a lot of ground in a short time that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
      X