Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 Women's Schedule

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
    Were playing a team from South Dakota on a neutral court?
    Dakota Wesleyan or Mt. Marty at TBD location - Assume Corn Palace or Pentagon

Comment

It must be Dakota Wesleyan because it is a team from the GPAC.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
        It must be Dakota Wesleyan because it is a team from the GPAC.
        Mt. Marty is in the GPAC too.

Comment

You are right. I looked at their website and they were not listed. I realize now I was looking at football members. I guess we are playing one of them somewhere.

Comment

The Maryland list is bigger yet. We can eliminate Towson and Mount Saint Mary's , both have released their 2019-2020 schedules and we aren't on them. MEAC further narrows down the list (clue #2)....SidelineObserver (see post # 31) has the three likely teams we might have one of on our schedule. Only 12 OOC games this year? I assume GPAC game is the exhibition? I thought 13 was a little too much last year , with how tough so many of the games were, it was a grind.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-13-2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              The Maryland list is bigger yet
              No because we are playing a team from the MEAC.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                No because we are playing a team from the MEAC.
                Yup, saw that too late, clue #2 on Jackrabbits WBB twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  The Maryland list ...SidelineObserver (see post # 31) Only 12 OOC games this year? I assume GPAC game is the exhibition? I thought 13 was a little too much last year , with how tough so many of the games were, it was a grind.
                  There appear to be 13 OOC games plus the assumed exhibition GPAC game. That is the same number of regular season games as last year. (We play two Big East Conference teams) Last year there were two exhibition games however. Would be a total of 29 regular season games, OOC and conference combined, which I think is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                    There appear to be 13 OOC games plus the assumed exhibition GPAC game. That is the same number of regular season games as last year. (We play two Big East Conference teams) Last year there were two exhibition games however. Would be a total of 29 regular season games, OOC and conference combined, which I think is the limit.
                    ok,you probably know more than me , but then one of the Conferences listed has more than one game on our schedule I assume?Oops,got to learn to read the entire post before responding.....I see you 've stated that the Big East is the conference we have two games scheduled with.Creighton and Marquette.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-15-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Wesleyan at the Pentagon.

Comment

Schedule released today and updated on first page.

Comment

After winning our first sweet 16, there are no takers for a P-5 team to engage in a H&H series.......schocker I know, guess they are all going the "play it safe" route again instead of the "we do it to advance women's basketball" theme they were so proud of....I'm kind of disappointed, not at our coaching staff, but for women's basketball generally. We are still seeking them out in the pre-season tournaments though, a good thing.Pretty good schedule, still better than most mid-majors have by far, thanks to a lot of hard work and effort put forth by our coaching staff, and of course our athletes.

Comment

I would believe that Drake, Creighton, and Marquette are decent competition for OOC. The 2nd year of Oregon is a nice road game. I do not think this is a horrible schedule following the graduation of Maddy and Macie. The Midwest games with the Drake, Creighton, and Marquette are testing games with 2 of those on the road. Keeping Green Bay and Central Michigan on the schedule is great competition as well. The Cancun games also show some good/great competition. Solid OOC schedule on tap this year. It is tougher than most of the 351 teams.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I like that Dakota Wesleyan is a regular scheduled game in Sioux Falls,one of the best NAIA teams in the nation, it's a respectful sign on our part to put our record against them on the line, as opposed to a more meaningless exhibition game, and they will be a very worthy opponent in my opinion. It's close to home and I can go to it.Looking forward to it.

Comment

Eh, it's the slow season and after watching my favorite vid, 2015-16 Women's Basketball Season Highlights Video on YouTube.... I like these video montage's of season highlights set to music, wish there was one for last season's Sweet 16 season, ok moving on...I was wondering how well or even if any of the current players could replicate what Kerry Young did vs Creighton at the 8:11 mark....that is getting the ball at full speed acceleration about (guessing 8-10 ft) until reaching the 1/2 court line and making a layup in two dribbles. It still seems amazing to me,
                                maybe it's just me but
                                Coach Flanery just got his arms crossed and 2 sec later it was 2pts for the Jacks. So, I was wondering how neat it'd be if they could try it in practice as a change of pace "fun" thing to try to replicate for the players....they could call it the " Kerry Young Challenge".I think maybe Neshiem or Irwin look like they could, they are the longest and with good speed, Macy last yr probably could if she tried to, Macy and Kerry were similar players who complimented each others game. I wish Macy hadn't got injured and Kerry and Macy could of played together Kerry's Sr season, but then we wouldn't of had Macy with Guebert together for last season's historic run.

I just think Kerry was probably our greatest break away player....we've had many great ones, Maria Boever comes to mind. Gaby wasn't necessarily a break away player, most of her break away's come from steals. As a comparison, I made note of two of Gabby's break away's in the same video at the11:56 and again at 14:32 ( 4 dribbles each) at about the same distance....but to be fair , Gabby was much shorter and her dribbling style was taking smaller strides so more dribbles. Also at 17:16 Kerry made it look easy in 3 dribbles.Hurry up season, getting tired of watching old vids, time to make new ones.GB,GB,GJ

Comment

Working...
                                X