Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2019-20 Women's Schedule

Default Re: 2019-20 Women's Schedule

Schedule released today and updated on first page.

After winning our first sweet 16, there are no takers for a P-5 team to engage in a H&H series.......schocker I know, guess they are all going the "play it safe" route again instead of the "we do it to advance women's basketball" theme they were so proud of....I'm kind of disappointed, not at our coaching staff, but for women's basketball generally. We are still seeking them out in the pre-season tournaments though, a good thing.Pretty good schedule, still better than most mid-majors have by far, thanks to a lot of hard work and effort put forth by our coaching staff, and of course our athletes.

I would believe that Drake, Creighton, and Marquette are decent competition for OOC. The 2nd year of Oregon is a nice road game. I do not think this is a horrible schedule following the graduation of Maddy and Macie. The Midwest games with the Drake, Creighton, and Marquette are testing games with 2 of those on the road. Keeping Green Bay and Central Michigan on the schedule is great competition as well. The Cancun games also show some good/great competition. Solid OOC schedule on tap this year. It is tougher than most of the 351 teams.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I like that Dakota Wesleyan is a regular scheduled game in Sioux Falls,one of the best NAIA teams in the nation, it's a respectful sign on our part to put our record against them on the line, as opposed to a more meaningless exhibition game, and they will be a very worthy opponent in my opinion. It's close to home and I can go to it.Looking forward to it.