Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Men's Schedule

Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    Nov. 15 -- it's official.
    Now I just need to convince the wife to go to the game in Lincoln, drive to Sioux Falls area that night, and go to Brookings the next day for the UNI game.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Now I just need to convince the wife to go to the game in Lincoln, drive to Sioux Falls area that night, and go to Brookings the next day for the UNI game.
    Or stay in Lincoln Friday night and take in the Nebraska-Wisconsin football game the next day. I think that is what I will plan to do. Not ideal having to miss a home SDSU game but that sounds like a fun boys trip right there.

The Nebraska-Wisconsin game could be big, but the SDSU/UNI game could be a pivotal game for the MVFC. Need to ponder the options for that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Or stay in Lincoln Friday night and take in the Nebraska-Wisconsin football game the next day. I think that is what I will plan to do. Not ideal having to miss a home SDSU game but that sounds like a fun boys trip right there.
    You need a better excuse than that to miss a home game! (The commissioners are checking the Code to determine if you lose your man card for that stunt.)

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    You need a better excuse than that to miss a home game! (The commissioners are checking the Code to determine if you lose your man card for that stunt.)

Yes, not an easy decision but as a long time season ticket holder I'm up for missing this one. It's somewhat Jackrabbit related as well with the SDSU Men's BB game the night before. Poor scheduling between Men's BB & Football - they need to do better for the fans ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Our schedule is scary considering the unknowns we have coming in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Our schedule is scary considering the unknowns we have coming in the season.
    On the men's side, the only thing that really matters is how well you play in Sioux Falls in March, as NDSU showed last season. As the old saying goes, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." That may be the philosophy we will need to remember in November and December.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    On the men's side, the only thing that really matters is how well you play in Sioux Falls in March, as NDSU showed last season. As the old saying goes, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." That may be the philosophy we will need to remember in November and December.
    There's some truth to that, but an OOC resume that's respectable is also necessary when you win in Sioux Falls to avoid a 15 or 16 seed. If you schedule aggressively and win some of those games the resume looks good. If you don't then your resume doesn't. The goal is to win an NCAA tourney game.

I think a balance is best. Couple P5 games mixed with some quality mid-majors. We have 4 P5 games on the schedule in the span of 10 days. Not sure we've ever had that with a veteran team let alone a team with as many question marks as next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Texas Tech game is off per schedule release https://texastech.com/news/2019/7/18...-schedule.aspx