Clear All

Re: 2019-20 Men's Schedule

Added road game at Texas Tech per:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1619379223

https://twitter.com/TheD1Docket

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
      Our schedule is scary considering the unknowns we have coming in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Our schedule is scary considering the unknowns we have coming in the season.
        On the men's side, the only thing that really matters is how well you play in Sioux Falls in March, as NDSU showed last season. As the old saying goes, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." That may be the philosophy we will need to remember in November and December.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          On the men's side, the only thing that really matters is how well you play in Sioux Falls in March, as NDSU showed last season. As the old saying goes, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." That may be the philosophy we will need to remember in November and December.
          There's some truth to that, but an OOC resume that's respectable is also necessary when you win in Sioux Falls to avoid a 15 or 16 seed. If you schedule aggressively and win some of those games the resume looks good. If you don't then your resume doesn't. The goal is to win an NCAA tourney game.

I think a balance is best. Couple P5 games mixed with some quality mid-majors. We have 4 P5 games on the schedule in the span of 10 days. Not sure we've ever had that with a veteran team let alone a team with as many question marks as next year.

Comment

Texas Tech game is off per schedule release https://texastech.com/news/2019/7/18...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer
              There lNO TT game.
              Matt Mooney told his coach, “Don’t play them, they play dirty”. Or something like that. Or maybe the TT coach thought he was scheduling the other South Dakota school. I know this is not a smack thread, but could not resist. It is slow and in reality, the runners up in the NCAA has many options for scheduling. Some one low balled SDSU in guaranteed money and have a cheaper way of getting to Laredo. If you look at who they scheduled, they appear to be scheduling cheap home games. Opps TT is in Lubbock not Laredo
              Last edited by Nidaros; 07-19-2019, 06:50 AM.

Comment

I saw on facebook the Summit League schedule is out. Quite a few Sunday games this year. Not sure if thats good or bad for attendance. The NFL might keep some people home. Works good for me. Work wont get in the way

Comment

From MIDCO SPORTS:
                  11-5-19 UT Rio Grande at South Dakota State Men's Basketball, LIVE 7pm
                  11-27-19 St. Francis at South Dakota State Men's Basketball, LIVE 7pm

Comment

From MIDCO SPORTS:
                    11-5-19 UT Rio Grande at South Dakota State Men's Basketball, LIVE 7pm
                    11-27-19 St. Francis at South Dakota State Men's Basketball, LIVE 7pm
                    I hope it's the St. Francis (PA) Red Flash, not the NY version. If so, those are 2 solid home games. St. Francis' RPI was 182, UT Rio Grande's was 141, compared to SDSU's 128. Better than most Summit League teams.

Comment

It's not the Red Flash. https://sfuathletics.com/news/2019/8...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Comment

Add a road game at Colorado State to our schedule:
                          https://csurams.com/news/2019/8/8/me...-schedule.aspx

I think our schedule is close to being completed.

Comment

Add a road game at Colorado State to our schedule:
                            https://csurams.com/news/2019/8/8/me...-schedule.aspx

I think our schedule is close to being completed.
                            Hopefully they turn things around this year. Last 2 years have been pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Hopefully they turn things around this year. Last 2 years have been pretty bad.
                              I don't think Colorado State's 2019-20 record is going to matter much in the long run to us this year. I think we will be pretty happy if we are not playing Saturday at the Summit, as I see us having a middle of the pack year with all that was lost in the offseason.

Comment

I don't think Colorado State's 2019-20 record is going to matter much in the long run to us this year. I think we will be pretty happy if we are not playing Saturday at the Summit, as I see us having a middle of the pack year with all that was lost in the offseason.
                                I suspect we will be see what amounts to two seasons. Our OOC portion is almost undoubtedly going to be rocky. There are just too many unknowns to expect us to be really good out of the gate. By the time the Summit season rolls around I think we'll be pretty solid and with the rest of the league looking not great as well we could very well surprise people.

Comment

Working...
                                X