Macy Miller Drafted!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macy Miller Drafted!!

Macy Miller goes to the Seattle Storm in the last pick (36) of the WNBA Draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Macy Miller Drafted!!

https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/sta...924562945?s=21

Comment

Hold the phone folks. The tweet I copied above ^ has been deleted. WNBA posted that Maci Morris was selected 36th. ESPN had reported on TV first Macy Miller, then Maci Morris, and then a lady from Kentucky. Seems that no one knows who was selected.

Comment

Midco reports it was Macy as retweeted on Jackrabbit WBB twitter.
        https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• 3 replies 34 retweets 133 likes

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Seattle tweeted it out again. It’s Macy Miller. Congrats!

Comment

https://gojacks.com/news/2019/4/10/w...ird-round.aspx
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I need a jersey
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Congratulations to Macy! Wishing her all the best in Seattle. This is great news for Macy and SDSU.

It has been a great couple weeks to be a Jackrabbit...…..A Sweet Sixteen appearance (national recognition) and a player drafted in the WNBA (national recognition). This can only strengthen our ability to recruit top players to Brookings. Go Macy! Go Jacks!

Comment

That’s a big deal. Congrats to her.

Comment

https://highposthoops.com/2019/05/14...-brooke-salas/Nine days left until rosters have to be paired down. Macy survived the first cut by the Storm as undrafted/free agent guard, Brooke Salas, was the first cut. Unfortunately, there is a log jam at the guard spot and the head coach is dealing with health issues as he was recently diagnosed with cancer. Macy will have her work cut out as their roster is deep at the guard spot.

"The team has a logjam at guard on the training camp roster. After waiving Salas, they still feature nine players listed as guards, including fellow rookies Recee’ Caldwell, Presley Hudson, and Macy Miller. Those rookies are competing against entrenched veterans Sue Bird, Jewell Loyd, promising second-year players Jordin Canada and Sami Whitcomb, and newly signed free agent Shavonte Zellous. It was always going to be difficult to make the roster, especially at this position, and Salas wasn’t able to overcome the odds." - High Post Hoops/Fansided

A coworker of mine has a son in the front office for the Storm. He said it will be difficult for many of the new guards to make the team this year. There is such a short window to make an impression. Working against Macy is the style of play in the WNBA is focused on pick and roll offense where athleticism is at a premium. Macy's versatility and size will help, but there is such a limited time to make an impression.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      https://highposthoops.com/2019/05/14...-brooke-salas/Nine days left until rosters have to be paired down. Macy survived the first cut by the Storm as undrafted/free agent guard, Brooke Salas, was the first cut. Unfortunately, there is a log jam at the guard spot and the head coach is dealing with health issues as he was recently diagnosed with cancer. Macy will have her work cut out as their roster is deep at the guard spot.

"The team has a logjam at guard on the training camp roster. After waiving Salas, they still feature nine players listed as guards, including fellow rookies Recee’ Caldwell, Presley Hudson, and Macy Miller. Those rookies are competing against entrenched veterans Sue Bird, Jewell Loyd, promising second-year players Jordin Canada and Sami Whitcomb, and newly signed free agent Shavonte Zellous. It was always going to be difficult to make the roster, especially at this position, and Salas wasn’t able to overcome the odds." - High Post Hoops/Fansided

A coworker of mine has a son in the front office for the Storm. He said it will be difficult for many of the new guards to make the team this year. There is such a short window to make an impression. Working against Macy is the style of play in the WNBA is focused on pick and roll offense where athleticism is at a premium. Macy's versatility and size will help, but there is such a limited time to make an impression.
                      The problem with pro basketball, both women's and men's, is the small roster sizes. It hurt Megan when she was drafted too. I think that Macy could play as a forward in the right system, but I don't watch enough WNBA to be able to confirm
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Preseason update:

https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/sta...584537600?s=19

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Perusing the Seattle Storm website and clicked on Macy's bio. It says she was born on December 31, 1969. She looks pretty good for someone who is supposedly 49 years old.

https://www.wnba.com/player/macy-miller/
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...232817153?s=19

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Last night was a tryout game. The Storm were without the service of Sue Bird, Jewell Lord and Shavontae Zellous at the guard position. Jordin Canada and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis got the start at the guard positions. Macy, Presley Hudson, and Recee Caldwell also played significant minutes at the guard spots.

They have one more preseason game on Friday night, so that will be a good indication of where they are going with their roster. The season opener is a week from Saturday.

In last night's game, Macy failed to score. She played over 12 minutes and had 1 offensive rebound and 1 assist. While she didn't score on 3 attempts, she must have played solid defense as she had a -3 rating. That rating reflects that the team was outscored by 3 points while she was on the court. Her peers that she's competing with for a roster spot were Hudson (-13), Caldwell (-2), and Mosqueda-Lewis (+2). Mosqueda-Lewis benefited from starting and playing with that rotation for much of the game.

Presley Hudson, a free agent rookie from Central Michigan, was aggressive on the offensive end and tried her best to fill the stat line. She was 3 for 7 from the field, making 3 of of her 5 attempts from behind the arc. She had no assists, rebounds or fouls. Her (-13) rating shows the team struggled while she was on the court. You may not remember this, but Hudson was the star player for CMU when the Rabbits pulled out an 80-71 victory on the road. That game was tied at the half. Macy outperformed Hudson that night too, even though both put up 24 points for their teams. Hudson apparently isn't shy when the ball is in her hands.

Recee Caldwell had a solid performance last night. Caldwell is a coaches daughter who was a top-10 recruit coming out of high school. She played with the USA basketball program as a teenager and had a very good career at Texas Tech after starting her collegiate experience at UCLA. She was a grad-transfer student for the Cal Bears last season and found her role as the season progressed. Last night she was solid, shooting 3 for 5 from behind the arc and 4 for 7 from the field. She also contributed 4 assists and had a (-2) rating while on the court. She did not hurt her chances with last night's performance as the team can always use a three point threat like her and she takes care of the ball while on the court.

Fifth-year WNBA guard, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis got the start at the guard spot opposite of Jordin Canada. Canada appears to be a lock after a very promising rookie campaign last year. Mosqueda-Lewis is a known commodity, albeit one that has not lived up to her #3 overall draft pick position by the Storm in the 2015 draft. She set the NCAA record for career three pointers as a star player for UConn, but in four seasons with the Storm she's averaged just over 5 points per game. Last season was the first that she was efficient beyond the arc while shooting at a 40% clip. Last night she was unspectacular scoring 3 points on her lone trey attempt. She had 3 assists in 20 minutes and also gave up 2 turnovers. If the Storm didn't have so many questions entering the season with the loss of the WNBA MVP and their coach having a tumor removed from his gut this week, I'd expect that M-Lewis would be on the hot seat. However, they will want as many known quantities as the enter the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X