Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Macy Miller Drafted!!

Default Macy Miller Drafted!!

Macy Miller goes to the Seattle Storm in the last pick (36) of the WNBA Draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Macy Miller Drafted!!

https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/sta...924562945?s=21

Hold the phone folks. The tweet I copied above ^ has been deleted. WNBA posted that Maci Morris was selected 36th. ESPN had reported on TV first Macy Miller, then Maci Morris, and then a lady from Kentucky. Seems that no one knows who was selected.

Midco reports it was Macy as retweeted on Jackrabbit WBB twitter.
    https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• 3 replies 34 retweets 133 likes

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Seattle tweeted it out again. It’s Macy Miller. Congrats!

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I need a jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Congratulations to Macy! Wishing her all the best in Seattle. This is great news for Macy and SDSU.

It has been a great couple weeks to be a Jackrabbit...Ö..A Sweet Sixteen appearance (national recognition) and a player drafted in the WNBA (national recognition). This can only strengthen our ability to recruit top players to Brookings. Go Macy! Go Jacks!

Thatís a big deal. Congrats to her.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/05/14...-brooke-salas/Nine days left until rosters have to be paired down. Macy survived the first cut by the Storm as undrafted/free agent guard, Brooke Salas, was the first cut. Unfortunately, there is a log jam at the guard spot and the head coach is dealing with health issues as he was recently diagnosed with cancer. Macy will have her work cut out as their roster is deep at the guard spot.

"The team has a logjam at guard on the training camp roster. After waiving Salas, they still feature nine players listed as guards, including fellow rookies Recee’ Caldwell, Presley Hudson, and Macy Miller. Those rookies are competing against entrenched veterans Sue Bird, Jewell Loyd, promising second-year players Jordin Canada and Sami Whitcomb, and newly signed free agent Shavonte Zellous. It was always going to be difficult to make the roster, especially at this position, and Salas wasn’t able to overcome the odds." - High Post Hoops/Fansided

A coworker of mine has a son in the front office for the Storm. He said it will be difficult for many of the new guards to make the team this year. There is such a short window to make an impression. Working against Macy is the style of play in the WNBA is focused on pick and roll offense where athleticism is at a premium. Macy's versatility and size will help, but there is such a limited time to make an impression.