Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Recruits

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
    So. . . what does SDSU even need right now? I feel like the jacks are such a young team that if everyone just sticks around they'll be just fine until at least 2023. I suppose it would be good to grab a blue-chip 184 pounder in case we can't pull a winner out of Casperson, Schoon, and Orris but that's about all that I can think of. We are going to need a very strong class of 2022 and the jacks need to continue building relationships with key recruiting partners but I we could almost just stop for a while and still have 8-10 ranked wrestlers in the 2022 / 2023 season.
    Casperson obviously has an interesting resume but without competing this year in the "Open Season" not sure what his talent level is like. I would say that 174-184 along with 149lbs will be our biggest needs in the next year or two. The young kid from Iowa, Jack Thomson, has been killing it this year on paper, but not sure if he'll be ready to go a 149 next year.

Comment

Re: 2020 Recruits

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
      Casperson obviously has an interesting resume but without competing this year in the "Open Season" not sure what his talent level is like. I would say that 174-184 along with 149lbs will be our biggest needs in the next year or two. The young kid from Iowa, Jack Thomson, has been killing it this year on paper, but not sure if he'll be ready to go a 149 next year.
      I think they plan for Hunter Marko to go at 149 next year. After that they'll have Thomson, Anglin, Martin, and Cardinal all coming in in the 141 / 149 range.

Comment

Working...
      X